KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu

Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu
Started by: TheGoldenSpy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chuck inglish

@TheGoldenSpy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaGot5OgyA (0:24) Dante is able to keep track of blitz

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 11:54 PM
chuck inglish is currently offline Click here to Send chuck inglish a Private Message Find more posts by chuck inglish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

ok cool.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 12:17 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

:V What happened to 'wrong thread for this'?

1. Yes, and we clearly see it chooses to avoid being attacked rather than stand stationary. The only time Dante can hit it in gameplay is during attacks or when its worn out from getting attacked. The cutscene says it can still dodge when its attacking, and cutscene > gameplay. Dante still has to hit it to make it rest, meaning he has to hit it with its lightning reactions/speed dodging ability. So he has to have the reactions.

2. Note the 'wasn't even looking at it' part. How could he have reacted if he wasn't even looking at it?

3. ..you're going to take a random, baseless guess over a calc? The speed of the glass compared to its real speed says the speed was 1/12,00th normal. Dante was moving at least 5m/s during this. 5*12,000=60,000m/s aka lightning speed at least.

4. No I'm saying he hit the clouds above him making the clouds above Ares release a bolt. More importantly, there is no measurable distance to get a speed from. The GoW geography =/= ours, its vastly smaller. No figure can be taken from this.

5. Lets see, its a statue with powers that can be activated with the amulet Kratos wields. They're connected, the amulet protects him from the effect in the same way it does when he activates it. That's the purpose of the amulet.

Yes, yes I did. And no, the stone was making the /statue/ slow down time just like his amulet does, the stone itself was not doing it. Light in the GoW verse is not on the table here. The lightmagicenergy, whatever, has a different speed before than after. So time was slowed down. Unless you can prove that it was moving slow due to another reason. Though Ive searched, and there is no reason to suggest this.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 12:31 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain
:V What happened to 'wrong thread for this'?

1. Yes, and we clearly see it chooses to avoid being attacked rather than stand stationary. The only time Dante can hit it in gameplay is during attacks or when its worn out from getting attacked. The cutscene says it can still dodge when its attacking, and cutscene > gameplay. Dante still has to hit it to make it rest, meaning he has to hit it with its lightning reactions/speed dodging ability. So he has to have the reactions.

2. Note the 'wasn't even looking at it' part. How could he have reacted if he wasn't even looking at it?

3. ..you're going to take a random, baseless guess over a calc? The speed of the glass compared to its real speed says the speed was 1/12,00th normal. Dante was moving at least 5m/s during this. 5*12,000=60,000m/s aka lightning speed at least.

4. No I'm saying he hit the clouds above him making the clouds above Ares release a bolt. More importantly, there is no measurable distance to get a speed from. The GoW geography =/= ours, its vastly smaller. No figure can be taken from this.

5. Lets see, its a statue with powers that can be activated with the amulet Kratos wields. They're connected, the amulet protects him from the effect in the same way it does when he activates it. That's the purpose of the amulet.

Yes, yes I did. And no, the stone was making the /statue/ slow down time just like his amulet does, the stone itself was not doing it. Light in the GoW verse is not on the table here. The lightmagicenergy, whatever, has a different speed before than after. So time was slowed down. Unless you can prove that it was moving slow due to another reason. Though Ive searched, and there is no reason to suggest this.

1.That wasn't the point. The point was that the creature has two modes of speed. One where he moves around at lighting speed and the other where he stands still for a few seconds. Why he stops moving at that speed I can only guess, but that's not my problem to figure out, the point is the two modes of speed match up in both cutscene and gameplay and he is only able to hit it when it stops moving at lighting speed, which I guess may be due to the demon resting or recharging. You are assuming Dante hit's it at that speed, but that never happens in gameplay or cutscenes.

2.He was looking right at it when it charged him. Look at the video again.

3. I know you realize nobody will take Dante as a lighting timer from that, and deep down I know you don't believe it either.

4.Then they simply would have written him summoning it from the clouds. No. It originated from his hand and landed in egypt. Weather he aimed it to the clouds or the ground, it doesn't matter.

No, All that we know from GOW is that the world may be flat, there is no reason to assume the distances are any different from real life just because of that.

5.It simply states it let's him move while all around him slows, not that it ONLY protects him from the statue. If Dante tried to stop time, that amulet would activate just like normal.

The point was that it's not a normal stone that acts the same way as real light, it's a weird object that has nothing comparable in real life, it's a stone of magical properties and it's much better to measure a simple act of physics (The piller falling down, which you keep ignoring) over something that niether you or I fully understand how it works.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 12:48 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

1. Except that even when not moving at lightning speed he can still jump to that speed to dodge an attack at will. And if it can do that in a cutscene, the resting during gameplay means little.

2. Annnnd when it jumps away we see Dante was looking at the ground.

3. You not liking calcs isn't counter to the calc itself, you not liking it has no relevance.

4. Like how they could have said he threw it over the horizon? But they didn't, they said it shot past her and into the sky.

Besides the concept art, Kratos goes to the literal end of the world and the distance to the center can be measured. 20-40km. Its nothing like ours.

5. So you're choosing to believe that the amulet being able to protect him from the time power that it itself can effect, their relation, means nothing at all? Its not a random time pause, its the same effect that the amulet can create.

I'm not comparing it to anything in real life, I'm using its speed. We see its speed before, we see its speed after. There's a difference, and that difference is what the time dilation is. The effect comes from the statue, not the rock or the amulet. So the power is constantly the same, and as we know time gets slowed down when he uses it we know that the scene is a slow-mo. We also know the rate at which time is slowed down when he uses it, and its the same, 1/3rd. This means that everything under the effects moves at 1/3rd its speed, the only exception being the pillar. Its the pillar that can't be used.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 01:18 AM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

Originally posted by BloodRain
1. Except that even when not moving at lightning speed he can still jump to that speed to dodge an attack at will. And if it can do that in a cutscene, the resting during gameplay means little.

2. Annnnd when it jumps away we see Dante was looking at the ground.

3. You not liking calcs isn't counter to the calc itself, you not liking it has no relevance.

4. Like how they could have said he threw it over the horizon? But they didn't, they said it shot past her and into the sky.

Besides the concept art, Kratos goes to the literal end of the world and the distance to the center can be measured. 20-40km. Its nothing like ours.

5. So you're choosing to believe that the amulet being able to protect him from the time power that it itself can effect, their relation, means nothing at all? Its not a random time pause, its the same effect that the amulet can create.

I'm not comparing it to anything in real life, I'm using its speed. We see its speed before, we see its speed after. There's a difference, and that difference is what the time dilation is. The effect comes from the statue, not the rock or the amulet. So the power is constantly the same, and as we know time gets slowed down when he uses it we know that the scene is a slow-mo. We also know the rate at which time is slowed down when he uses it, and its the same, 1/3rd. This means that everything under the effects moves at 1/3rd its speed, the only exception being the pillar. Its the pillar that can't be used.

1.It can, and when it does Dante is unable to react to it, as shown by the games own cutscenes, if you disagree, explain why the player is unable to damage it when it teleports please.

2. You mean he was looking at it when it was going at a slower speed, and as soon as it goes lighting mode, Dante loses sight of it because as I said, both the gameplay and cutscenes are making it clear that Dante can't keep up with it, which is why nobody will ever take point number 3 seriously.

4. He shot a bolt from Greece to Egypts sky so it doesn't matter.

Where did you get that measurement from?

5. The amulet is shown both to activate the statues and protect him from time slows not started by it as well.

No. The water doesnt move, the bells can't be moved at all, the lever that moves the platform can't be moved and the pillar is frozen, the only thing that moves is the light from the time stone.

That's 4 against 1, you lose.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 01:54 AM
CosmicComet

One note, he didn't toss it UP into the sky. It simply disappeared into the sky.

Notice in the quote, it said Athena stepped aside to get out of the way, and that the bolt soared past her when he threw it--meaning it was traveling sort of horizontally. He was sitting on his throne when he threw it.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 01:57 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

So it just looked like it disappeared towards the horizon from their perspective.

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Mar 14th, 2012 at 02:10 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:06 AM
CosmicComet

right

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:17 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chuck inglish

"It can, and when it does Dante is unable to react to it, as shown by the games own cutscenes, if you disagree, explain why the player is unable to damage it when it teleports please."
===
he damages it by shooting it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaGot5OgyA (0:24) he's able to follow it's movements. you're starting to sound like a GOW fanboy mad cause kratos gets stomped by dante

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:21 AM
chuck inglish is currently offline Click here to Send chuck inglish a Private Message Find more posts by chuck inglish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

OK.

The "lighting speed" monster is as fast a handgun bullet.

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Mar 14th, 2012 at 02:26 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:23 AM
NemeBro

Hey look guys BloodRain is trying to argue that Dante has lightning reactions even though in the cutscene we clearly see that Blitz in his lightning form is much faster.

What a crock of shit.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 02:40 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Phones suck so I'll be on your post in a couple hours ^^; just want to address Neme real quick.

Im not sure if you read my argument, did read it but fail to understand a some points or are just doing your usual 'need to insult something' bit, but what you said has nothing to do with the point that I am arguing.

Dante striking at Blitz while its moving as a bolt is not the argument here. Its that Dante can strike Blitz who uses lightning speed and reactions as its means of dodging ... swear Ive said this a few times now :/

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 03:40 AM
TheGoldenSpy

Bro, that's basically what you are saying. You are arguing that just because the thing can supposedly move, dodge or whatever at lighting speed, that it must make Dante himself have lighting timing reaction's to have a chance at beating it, when it's clear that there is cutscene evidence contradicting that, and now chuck did me the favor of showing me the thing can be hit with handgun bullet's, and that's the ONLY way of slowing it down enough for it to stop and Dante be able to strike it, so now I have reason to suspect that the thing isn't actually even lighting speed.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 03:52 AM
chuck inglish

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Bro, that's basically what you are saying. You are arguing that just because the thing can supposedly move, dodge or whatever at lighting speed, that it must make Dante himself have lighting timing reaction's to have a chance at beating it, when it's clear that there is cutscene evidence contradicting that, and now chuck did me the favor of showing me the thing can be hit with handgun bullet's, and that's the ONLY way of slowing it down enough for it to stop and Dante be able to strike it, so now I have reason to suspect that the thing isn't actually even lighting speed.

Dante can hit him but if he do he would hurt himself. I posted that video because I wanted to show you That Dante can follow its movements when it's in lightning form

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 04:04 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Nice avi.

Neme was on about bolt form being faster than body form, Im talking about being able to tag someone with that speed and RT, the cutscene supports its speed/RT dodging, hit by bullets is a gameplay mechanic, urm... Damn, really wanted five-point joint sentance :/

Btw, as I said in another thread, for ages on this site if a character beat a person their reactions have always been said the equal the speed of the person they beat. For instance, a lil while back people were saying Kratos had high reactions just for being able to beat Hermes.. the exact same thing Im saying here.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 04:06 AM
TheGoldenSpy

Chuck I knew he could do that. It's an auto lock on gameplay mechanic....

The fact that it can be hit with handgun bullets is hilarious.

And that is true often but not always. All we know in is in the Canon story, Dante defeats it, but not necessarily by outspeeding it, Cutscene evidence shows Dante unable to hit it at that speed. And not just barely missing, but the creature outright getting in his face while dante is frozen and doesn't even begin to get his sword out on time by the time the creature is on the other side of the arena. And as you said yourself, Cutscene > Gameplay

Had it not been for the part showing dante missing I wouldn't have doubt Dante was a lighting timer. But they put that part in to show how fast it was compared to dante.

Maybe the thing is low on stamina and dante only kills it when it slows down.

Last edited by TheGoldenSpy on Mar 14th, 2012 at 04:35 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 04:24 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

The main canon fact is its lightning dodge; if its speed and RT are both above Dante there is no way could have defeated it, and we know that. The only argument is the miss, countered by being a single moment and for him not looking at it. The opposite argument of stamina or managing to hit it are thrown out as assumptions or because we know for a fact that its reactions would have saved it from any non-lightning level moves.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 05:07 AM
NemeBro

Kratos has high reactions because we can actually see him reacting to Zeus, Hermes, Poseidon, lightning, etc.

Dante's only cutscene showing against Blitz consisted of his lightning form being much faster than Dante, to the point that it escaped a not small distance away in the time it took Dante's sword to move three feet.

It isn't just that we don't see Dante reacting to Blitz's lightning form, we actually see that he is much slower.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 05:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chuck inglish

what are kratos's reactions anyway?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 05:18 AM