KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu

Asura vs Dante, Bayonetta, Kratos, Ryu
Started by: TheGoldenSpy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGoldenSpy

Yes he could, with omnidirectional attacks (which dante does have), it not being as fast as actual lighting (due to bullets hitting it) or straight up tanking it's shots. I doubt the creature hits harder than the savior or even nero.

Yes, the last scenerio is what most likely happened now that I think about it.

In fact i'm not so sure that I changed it's speed at all when it charged dante, it looks like it maintained it's speed but it looks slower in the beginning because of the camera angle.

Single moment or not, the developers meant to show it was infact too fast for dante, and he was looking straight at it, WTF? You can even see them face to face. Why do you keep saying the opposite?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 05:25 AM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRain

I'm not really bothered to go down the 'non-normal lightning needs to have proof of speed' road as the general response to that seems to always be 'lolnoitslightning', cba <__< The unquantifiable part comes from the quote saying that he hurls it into the sky, not throwing the bolt directly.

The concept art [which is 15km] shows the GoW world, its even titled 'world map'. That, and what we see in-game to where I got some rough distances; the edge of the world. The Island of Creation is stated to be at the edge of the world, with the posing danger that its close enough to fall right over that edge. With faulty, but pretty damn close Trigonometry and Visual (eye) Angle I get 20-40km as the radius when comparing to Mt Olympus in the distance. Here and here. Visual Angle: Mountain height / tanangle° = Distance. 7.5km / tan20° = 20km. 20° was the smallest average angle. 10°, which gives 40km, is the lowest possible angle, generously.

Or you know, he hurls it into the sky since he is on Olympus, which is basically the top of the GoW World. Ares also explicitly refers to the Lightning that struck the ground as Zeus' Thunderbolt. So no to unquantifiable and no to Zeus' Thunderbolt being something different from Real Lightning.

It is concept art for God of War 3 which shows the world area GoW3 takes place in, which the artist explicitly states. In all likelihood, it is also not to scale, and I highly doubt Egypt and the Persian Empire (which was pretty huge) would fit into that art and into 40km, along with all of Greece. You'd have to scale everything down immensely.
The existence of structures like the Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Pharaos, as well as the prophecy of the Three Wise Men in GoW's world mean that the GoW world is the same as ours for the most part, except it is fictionalized and flat.
So no to the GoW world being 40 km.

Psh, he doesn't even beat Lucha libre's.. doesn't even beat Dwayne
If only he was blessed with the Anus of Tartarus :/ Got 100m from the three closest loops [15m total from their heights] being somewhat less than half the half-way point.. about a third [50m] with the end being twice the half-way. Rough, but not too far off. On the other hand Kratos' other reactions could be either aim-dodging or only for linear movements, like catching bolts Zeus throws or Cronos' slap [think these are his only reaction feats], where both can be attributed to seeing the attack coming. Difference with Hermes is that he's constantly moving at this speed, which could be saying the others were aim dodging feats.
Multi-coloured is only fast if you're HyperSonic. And I dun see no Super Emeralds 'round here.

Oh yeah, with his Spider-Man grip. Even with all that, this is Kratos we're talking about. A sandstorm or a few shakes shouldn't bother the guy. DMC is full of time-lags so that's iffy, but I'm not sure whats cool about sub-human climbing speed :V
Yeah the width of her clenched palm is the width of the horsething, clenched palm being slightly less than the palm at rest. From this I'd measure the palm height as its equal to the palm width, it also takes away that angle issue. I get 16cm for her height and 1cm for the base of the palm to the base of the fingers for 31m. A clenched palm like that in the scene would be slightly below this [On my palm the width is 0.8x normal sized when clenched].
One method gives 20m and this one gives 25m to just under 30m [31m*.8=25m. Even 35m*.8 would still make 28m].

But if its countered by itself then we have nothing to go by. Could be calced if need be. For instance; That Titan's arm is 2.5cm to its 8.5cm body, making its arm <150m. When Poseidon moves he covers its arm in, timed it, 0.7s. (150m/0.7s)=214.3m/s, Mach 0.63.
Screw him jumping, Kratos can throw him around like a ragdoll

FTL can't travel between universes

We see lightning surround him, as he doesn't move we're unable to see if he turned into it of was just covered. Can't tell unless we see him actually becoming lightning. Back to the original point; this shows that whether or not Zeus can turn into lightning, he can't actually travel as lightning. Whats the other teleport?
This makes the fastest characters body speed Poseidon, with 200+m/s[not the waterhorse as its not his own body]. Though like Iron Man this is only long distance flight speed, while Hermes still has the fastest constant movement speed of 35-100+m/s.
There's the charged move that both he and Kratos do with the BoO, lightning charges the blade. And during the GoW2 fight. Getting charged from Gaia's heart. And in that same vid, 4:32, 4:44 and 5:08 when he's throwing orbs. Along with the two you mentioned that's six different instances where Zeus draws in lightning.

PIS. He'd stomp & solo all of DMC and WWE at the same time without breaking a sweat.
What loops? There's a large section of his run that is not visible which is why 100m could be incredibly off.
Eh, gameplay has him able to dodge Zeus' bolts even after they've been tossed. There's also him reacting to Persephone's explosion. Even though she was emitting light, he didn't start putting up the Sun Shield until after she had started to explode.
I'm Chaos Knuckles brah. I don't need no Super Emeralds. I have the Master Emerald.

Yeah. Or the Sandstorm and the mountain being jerked constantly bothered him. Who knows. Except the Tower dive did not seem like a time-lag. Eh, someone climbing for 3 days is kinda cool.
Her palm wasn't clenched. The best way I can describe her grip is a 'all fingers clawed up' type grip.
Actually, due to the style of her arm (stocky) and based on where her thumb is joined to her hand, I get 7mm for the length of the base of her left hand's palm to the base of her fingers, and her height is 85mm on my screen. So 41m for the length of her palm based on the left hand. It's easier to tell with her right hand, I actually get 8mm from the wrist bend to about halfway to her thumb, so 47m.

'Countered' by itself in that a trail of water emanating from the god of the seas somehow means he is not traveling faster than sound, despite the fact that there's a 'Boom' at the start, and an audible jet-like sound as he's nearing the Titan. Guess Dante's Tower Run is countered because he took a long time to run down a short tower
Cannot use the Titan's arm due to the angle, and we don't know if Poseidon's flight path was exactly parallel to it's arm.
Exactly. Kratos can toss Mountains like ragdolls.
Seriously though, 1 cubic Kilometer of water weighs a billion tonnes. Poseidon's death likely released far more water than that.

I forgot to mention. Zeus is Multiversal and FTL.

This is the other teleport @ 0:40. Looks electric as well.
No, we do not see Lightning covering him, we see him dispersing into Lightning right before he teleports, just like his clones disperse into Lightning. Dude c'mon, this should not be that hard to understand. I'm stating this for the third time.

Erm no. He's shooting Lightning out of the Blade and his hands in all of those instances. It's just the two I mentioned.

The main canon fact is its lightning dodge; if its speed and RT are both above Dante there is no way could have defeated it, and we know that. The only argument is the miss, countered by being a single moment and for him not looking at it. The opposite argument of stamina or managing to hit it are thrown out as assumptions or because we know for a fact that its reactions would have saved it from any non-lightning level moves.

Right before it disappeared, he was looking straight in its face. That's more important at determining where he was looking than what happened after his attack was over.

Blitz cannot see apparently. Other than its sense of touch, or a magical undefined sense akin to a sense that Sharks have, it having Lightning-timing reactions would do it no good.

Or Dante beat it by anticipating where it would be and attacking it right as it attacked him and/or using Dreadnaught to have it stun itself as it tried to hurt Dante. Or he really just tagged it while it was remaining still, which it does do.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on Mar 14th, 2012 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 05:33 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I'm only reading bits and pieces of the conversation, but no, that god of war 3 world concept art is not to scale.

the 3 judges of the underworld are only roughly the size of the colossus of rhodes, yet they are larger than atlas is in that art.

they would not be visible next to mt olympus. besides that, its inaccurate as well since there is supposed to be an ocean over Atlas, but in the art it is dry land.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 06:12 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Also, BR, could not edit this in, but I just re-read your measurement of the GoW world bit. You were looking at that spire-like structure in the background and saying it is 20-40km away based on rough trigonometry and a rough visual angle, am I right?
That is not Mount Olympus. That is the Temple of the Fates. It opens up into the Phoenix-like structure later on in the game.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 06:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chuck inglish

how would quicksilver react to witch time. if bay and dante ever fought

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 02:39 AM
chuck inglish is currently offline Click here to Send chuck inglish a Private Message Find more posts by chuck inglish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Originally posted by chuck inglish
how would quicksilver react to witch time. if bay and dante ever fought

Both would work as per normal. Dante would be effected by how much WT slows time by while Bay would be effected by how much QS slows time by.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Kratos has high reactions because we can actually see him reacting to Zeus, Hermes, Poseidon, lightning, etc.

Dante's only cutscene showing against Blitz consisted of his lightning form being much faster than Dante, to the point that it escaped a not small distance away in the time it took Dante's sword to move three feet. It isn't just that we don't see Dante reacting to Blitz's lightning form, we actually see that he is much slower.

Already said; mid slash + not looking at Blitz. And again, the common powerscaling that we use for any other character; A beat B, so A's reactions must be on par with B's speed. Without any tricks or techniques that let them win, A must have adequate reactions.

Zeus doesn't have lightning combat speed. Poseidon's horses are barely hypersonic. The lightning calc has the issues of time, event clarification and distance which is =/= real world geography. And Hermes with his in-game and comic feats has a top speed of 36m/s. The same guy who when injured can run circles around Kratos, literally.
[Note, it would take me to be vastly incorrect with some highballing on Hermes' side to get him anywhere close to Mach 1]

Which other lightning reactions do we see? The bolt he used to strike Gaia that wasnt aimed at him. FearZeus' shot where Kratos reacts and blocks 0.2666 seconds before the bolt was fired. Then there's the QTE from GoW2 when Kratos has to defend from Zeus' bolts where he reacts and defends 0.2 seconds after the bolts hit the ground.
Just sayin', I don't recall Zeus in a cutscene or QTE shooting a bolt at Kratos and having him react to it.

Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Yes he could, with omnidirectional attacks (which dante does have), it not being as fast as actual lighting (due to bullets hitting it) or straight up tanking it's shots. I doubt the creature hits harder than the savior or even nero.

Yes, the last scenerio is what most likely happened now that I think about it.

In fact i'm not so sure that I changed it's speed at all when it charged dante, it looks like it maintained it's speed but it looks slower in the beginning because of the camera angle.

Single moment or not, the developers meant to show it was infact too fast for dante, and he was looking straight at it, WTF? You can even see them face to face. Why do you keep saying the opposite?

These omnidirectional attacks must be as fast at Blitz in order to hit it, and show me bullets hitting Blitz.
Blitz slashes and fires electricity, it has nothing to do with blunt force. And if Dante were to tank it as you suggest, then what? I doubt he stood there tanking hits until Blitz got bored and left. The only option is for him to attack while tanking. Meaning he'd, once again, still need to be able to strike the beast who dodges at lightning speed.

Not sure what you mean with the 'change directions' part. The devs meant to show that its too fast for Dante? Despite the fact that Dante was psyched to be fighting this enemy that could apparently easily blitz him? If you read my post or watched the scene you'd know exactly what Im talking about. If Dante was looking at Blitz the entire time then yes, Dante's reactions wouldnt be on the level. But he wasn't, as evident by the scene itself. If Dante broke eye contact, what happens outside of that holds nothing on him.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'm only reading bits and pieces of the conversation, but no, that god of war 3 world concept art is not to scale.

the 3 judges of the underworld are only roughly the size of the colossus of rhodes, yet they are larger than atlas is in that art.

they would not be visible next to mt olympus. besides that, its inaccurate as well since there is supposed to be an ocean over Atlas, but in the art it is dry land.

I'm not saying that its to scale. I'm saying that the GoW world is nothing like our own. Its a flat world with its own geography, especially as the area of Greece, besides being heavily distorted, seems to be the majority of the land. The background suggests that its not its just an area on the planet, not the planet itself.

Basically what Im saying is that you can't apply real-world distances to the GoW verse.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
-
-
-

Being his bolt doesn't determine its path. Cole's lightning strike doesn't come from him directly but is still hit strike. Unless Mt Olympus breaches the atmosphere its going to have sky above it. If Zeus hurls it into the sky then it would be going vertical or diagonal, not horizontal.

As I said to CC, no its not to scale but its nothing like out own world. You can't apply real-word distances to this.

Yeah I see its not the same one now, think I messed up the angle anyways >_>

-
-
-
-
-
-

PIS requires a plot ^^ The red trails, the closest three being 5x the length of Ares's 3m height. It could be off, then again I did triple then double the distance to compensate for those parts. Have also noticed that by the time it takes Hermes to run this distance, the group has walked 6m to the doorway. Means that Hermes ran 16.667x faster than they walked. Given Ares height his walk would be at 2m/s, putting Hermes at 33.334m/s. Slower than running up the chain at 35.6m/s.
Outside of gameplay mechanics? FearZeus' bolt has Kratos reacting before its fired and GoW QTE has him reacting after they're fired. He doesn't react to them in the game. Mm, chemical and material explosions are Mach 5-24, not sure where magical gods would fit into this.

Than Gaia's hand must be a bad gauge, because by watching the scene its body is obviously not 50m wide. Think Ima use Poseidon's own body; His body from head to waist is 4x Kratos' height (8cm to 2cm), so 10m. His base width is 2x that height (6cm to 3cm), 20m. Remeasuring the scene of it speeding out of the water; in a single 30fps frame it travels 3x its width, 60m. If it was near 50m that width would be 5x bigger than the torso. Which as we can is not the case.
60m/0.0333s = 1,800m/s, Mach 5.3. Ok so its hypersonic. Wasnt the one that Kratos caught a smaller one lunging from Gaia's back?

Well for starters it means that unless its appearance is a textbook clone of a real sonic cone, it can be attributed to the vapour that comes from his body. Visuals cant be used. Second is that this is not a boom. It sounds much closer to rushing air than a sonic boom. Visuals and audio suggests rushing air, like swinging your arm at a fast speed, in favour of a sonic boom. Yeah DMC time lag ftw :3
Arm length was taken from a scene of it falling, where it can be better scaled to that ballpark figure. Poseidon roughly went from its fist to its chest, which would follow the arms length.
Quintillion+ tons of water probably. Who knows what kind of mumbo-jumbo happens when they die, like Helios with the cloud-over.

Still looks like his teleport as there wasn't any movement when travelling bolts isnt something GoW is shy about using, and.. blue? O.o
Cba to check the vids right now, but no matter if he disperses or is covered in lightning it still shows that Zeus isn't actually travelling as lightning.

Could swear that they're going towards him in each of those moments, but cba. Point was to do with Zeus needing to charge for his strongest attacks or something, which with the Gaia scene seems to be true.

-
-
-

Slowly going through that scene you can see Dante's head slowly turning to the position it was in at the end, important thing being that he wasnt keeping an eye on it. And if he isnt keeping an eye on it all it would take is for it to be even slightly out of direct line of sight for it to dodge while Dante's still slashing.

Totally blind. You dont need to see to have reactions. Smell, vibrations, some magic electrical shark sense. Any of those can be at lightning speed, and all highly useful to Blitz. Its not like it could move around as precise as it does without knowing where its going.

Occam's razor, I choose you! Standing still is a game'mech brah o: which < Cutscene showing that it can lightning-dodge attacks.

That, and Alastor :I

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 9th, 2012 11:44 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kuja9001

Just to declare a winner, Asura sodomizes them.

Old Post May 13th, 2012 11:03 PM
Kuja9001 is currently offline Click here to Send Kuja9001 a Private Message Find more posts by Kuja9001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Being his bolt doesn't determine its path. Cole's lightning strike doesn't come from him directly but is still hit strike. Unless Mt Olympus breaches the atmosphere its going to have sky above it. If Zeus hurls it into the sky then it would be going vertical or diagonal, not horizontal.

As I said to CC, no its not to scale but its nothing like out own world. You can't apply real-word distances to this.

Yeah I see its not the same one now, think I messed up the angle anyways >_>

Slowly going through that scene you can see Dante's head slowly turning to the position it was in at the end, important thing being that he wasnt keeping an eye on it. And if he isnt keeping an eye on it all it would take is for it to be even slightly out of direct line of sight for it to dodge while Dante's still slashing.

Totally blind. You dont need to see to have reactions. Smell, vibrations, some magic electrical shark sense. Any of those can be at lightning speed, and all highly useful to Blitz. Its not like it could move around as precise as it does without knowing where its going.

Occam's razor, I choose you! Standing still is a game'mech brah o: which < Cutscene showing that it can lightning-dodge attacks.

That, and Alastor :I

Zeus Thunderbolt = Lightning bolt strike. As confirmed by Ares. No way to handwave this, and don't bother trying.
And Zeus' throne is a raised one. Athena would be at a lower height.

Uses real world structures and real world geography which is referenced multiple times in the lore, so is using our world's geography. So no. Same principle as you arguing that Absolute Zero in DMC verse is the same as ours.
Otherwise, I can simply be a d*** and say that as these fictional verses are different from ours, we can't use any sort of RW comparisons.

Moar proof that your 'math' suxorz. I will not use any of your calcs.

CBA to discuss the rest of the GoW stuff. We've been discussing that for 3-4 pages and not getting anywhere with that stuff; neither of us is going to convince the other. Tbh, I don't think I'll be keeping up this discussion either, as I'm too tired. >__> Feel free to get the last word in.

He was keeping an eye on it until it moved out of its way, and that's when his head turned down for whatever reason.
Dante can move faster than sound, so vibrations won't really help it dodge Dante. Neither would smell. Only possible one we know if would be Shark sense.

It remains still in cutscenes too brah. embarrasment
Alastor is over-rated.

Old Post May 27th, 2012 12:20 AM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Zeus Thunderbolt = Lightning bolt strike. As confirmed by Ares. No way to handwave this, and don't bother trying.
And Zeus' throne is a raised one. Athena would be at a lower height.

Uses real world structures and real world geography which is referenced multiple times in the lore, so is using our world's geography. So no. Same principle as you arguing that Absolute Zero in DMC verse is the same as ours.
Otherwise, I can simply be a d*** and say that as these fictional verses are different from ours, we can't use any sort of RW comparisons.

Moar proof that your 'math' suxorz. I will not use any of your calcs.

CBA to discuss the rest of the GoW stuff. We've been discussing that for 3-4 pages and not getting anywhere with that stuff; neither of us is going to convince the other. Tbh, I don't think I'll be keeping up this discussion either, as I'm too tired. >__> Feel free to get the last word in.

He was keeping an eye on it until it moved out of its way, and that's when his head turned down for whatever reason.
Dante can move faster than sound, so vibrations won't really help it dodge Dante. Neither would smell. Only possible one we know if would be Shark sense.

It remains still in cutscenes too brah. embarrasment
Alastor is over-rated.

I know its a strike, questioning how it happened. Neme says its a direct throw, I say he made lightning come down as the trow would have to be a really, really high arc.
Doesnt that make a contradiction from going down than up?

Same structures and areas, not the same geo. Their Mt Olympus being the center of Greece, and a spire not a range which alone vastly alters the landscape. Without bringing in the flat-world there are some issues. An altered landscape to our world. Saying its AZ 'cause it says so is different to saying its our exact geo even with altered features.

D: first time trying that method, shut thine faceticles.

More than fair.

Freeze framed to when it disappears and we see that his heads already turned. Magical shark-sense reactions could work.
Than insta-dodges when attacked :I
And thats just another word for super-awesome

-------------------------------------------------------------------

If youre not continuing, and I cant blame you <_<, I just wanna make a rough, middleground sum up of our points.

Hermes; 36m/s in-game, up to supersonic with the comic. Poseidon; Mach 0.6 to Mach 1 flight. Horsething; Mach 5 to Mach 10. That good enough?

And it'd be grand if someone commented on Kratos not actually reacting to FearZeus' or GoW2 Zeus' bolt. Took a while to get that junk ¦3

Old Post May 27th, 2012 02:03 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Meh, will just address some points:

Nothing points to Mt. Olympus being the center of Greece. By the end of GoW3, most of it is destroyed and it is no longer a spire, but close in height to the surrounding peaks. So like current Mt. Olympus.
It's a view of our world during ancient times (the reason for certain differences), so using our world as a basis works. A teaser and some dev statements even imply that it is our world, so I'd wager, alternate reality. Point is, GoW world isn't condensed, and geographically speaking, it has everything our world does, so distances will be the same.

I freeze-framed it too, and his head is looking straight at it right before his arms cover his face and it disappears in a flash. After the flash, his head is turned downwards, and his sword swing completes.
Still stands still. :O
Pfft, Vergil would eat Alastor for breakfast.

No to Poseidon as the angle was skewed when you did the calc, and no to Horsething as I have not looked over it, and I'll still go by my original method.

No, he didn't react to FearZeus' attack. Can't say on the GoW2 one.
He's still a Lightning-timer though. Lightning dodger with GoW2 ads.

EDIT:

(please log in to view the image)
"All of Greece, all the Mediterranean, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the strange lands on the far side of the world."

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 31st, 2012 at 06:17 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2012 06:09 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Check the GoW2 ending. Nothing can make it look like the rl Mt Olympus.
In-game map. Aegean seas to the west, desert to the east. Irl the seas to the east and there is no desert in Greece. Mt Olympus is also directly on the coast where irl the mountain is 5-10km from water.

Makes an unknown of where he was looking between pre and post slash, though in the slow-mo we see his head already turning his head.
Yeah, but ya couldnt hit it unless being able to match the lightning-evade speed.
Vergil did eat Alastor for breakfast, til Dante put his try-hard pants on :3

It wasnt skewed. flight speed has to do in relation to anyone else. My 20m width gives Ma5.3, as its 3 widths in one frame. Your 41-47m width gives Ma10.85-Ma12.44.

GoW2. Seems an advert is the only lightning feat Kratos has.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 09:49 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Check the GoW2 ending. Nothing can make it look like the rl Mt Olympus.
In-game map. Aegean seas to the west, desert to the east. Irl the seas to the east and there is no desert in Greece. Mt Olympus is also directly on the coast where irl the mountain is 5-10km from water.

Makes an unknown of where he was looking between pre and post slash, though in the slow-mo we see his head already turning his head.
Yeah, but ya couldnt hit it unless being able to match the lightning-evade speed.
Vergil did eat Alastor for breakfast, til Dante put his try-hard pants on :3

It wasnt skewed. flight speed has to do in relation to anyone else. My 20m width gives Ma5.3, as its 3 widths in one frame. Your 41-47m width gives Ma10.85-Ma12.44.

GoW2. Seems an advert is the only lightning feat Kratos has.

Check the GoW3 ending. Most of mountain is destroyed and the highest point is close to surrounding peaks.
That's looks more like a road map, not an atlas. Hades is not next to the Aegean Sea, nor is it below some mountains next to the Desert. The Aegean Sea also exists to the west of RL Athens, not the East.
Desert would be underwater as of Poseidon's death. Who knows what then happens as Time passes.
Doesn't change "All of Greece, all the Mediterranean, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the strange lands on the far side of the world." that you conveniently ignored.

We see his head turning towards the Blitz, and then his arm covering his head.

You were using the Titan's arm as a measuring stick. It was skewed as the angle means you cannot accurately tell where Poseidon is in relation to the arm.
So he's faster than Dante.

Last edited by Demonic Phoenix on May 31st, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2012 10:33 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

A couple bumps around a cut down pillar =/= rl Mt Olympus range.

A road map pointing the ocean in the opposite direction? If the desert is now underwater so too would Athens, Egypt.. anything below the what, 1km above sea level assuming it rose that high? And its called a pre-response, I already replied to that. Same Earth but greatly altered.

Can see it pulling to the right. Unknown remains nonetheless.
Ohhhthat. True. Though because of that I used 150m, where the my measured length was 147 and as a straight arm, not the slight bend it had.
Nelo was faster once... once.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 11:08 PM
Demonic Phoenix

A couple bumps around a cut down pillar =/= rl Mt Olympus range.

A road map pointing the ocean in the opposite direction? If the desert is now underwater so too would Athens, Egypt.. anything below the what, 1km above sea level assuming it rose that high? And its called a pre-response, I already replied to that. Same Earth but greatly altered.

Can see it pulling to the right. Unknown remains nonetheless.
Ohhhthat. True. Though because of that I used 150m, where the my measured length was 147 and as a straight arm, not the slight bend it had.
Nelo was faster once... once.

What? Most of the top got busted, and it is now much closer in height to surrounding mountains/peaks.

No, a road map showing all the areas that Kratos visits in-game. Otherwise, Aegean sea would be to the south-west of the Desert, Hades would be South and connected to the Aegean Sea.
Wasn't an adequate response. It's the same Earth with differences, just like most fiction set on Earth, but the geography is more or less the same.
Don't know why we're bothering to discuss this. Ares already confirmed that Zeus tossed actual Lightning. >__>

I mean that we cannot accurately tell where Poseidon is in relation to the arm. Doesn't matter if you used 150 or 147 if you cannot accurately tell at what point Poseidon is 150m away from the Titan.

I meant Kratos. Nelo's still much faster than Dante via feats.

Old Post May 31st, 2012 11:34 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

'cause throughout the vid the other peaks are dotted around when the rl one is more a giant connective ridge. Plus they're swamped in water now.

How do you know the sea isnt SW to the desert in-game? Pretty adequate for replying to the future <.< Different mountain landscape and in a different area with a desert in Greece, not to mention how the kilometer rise in water comes into play if we are to compare to now. Big changes.
100% from Zeus. But if he made a lightning strike appear (like Cole does) then the figure Neme gave cant be used. Doesn't have a timeframe iirc.. feh.

We can assume that when he's inline with the hand to our screen that he's at the arms length. With the angle it would be around the same distance give or take a few meters, which isnt saying much.

Fifty bucks says I can catch a worn out Hermes easier than Kratos did

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 12:47 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Indeed. They appear to be dotted around because they're underwater. Still part of the same mountain though, and water-levels change. It's why we now have deserts where there used to be oceans, and seas where there used to be deserts.
I see your "Different mountain landscape and in a different area with a desert in Greece", and raise you a "Sekigahara, Sudetenland, Waterloo, Agincourt, Khyber Pass, Gallipolli, Roncesvalles, Stalingard, Normandy, Alexandria, Persia, Troy, Pillars of Hercules, All of Greece, all the Mediterranean, Africa, Asia, Europe, and the strange lands on the far side of the world, etc." Fine, differences exist, I agree now. Differences will exist in most if not all fictional mediums that are set in our world. Doesn't change the fact that it is still our world, and so most of the other stuff remains the same. Otherwise, like I pointed out before, your AZ point doesn't work, and neither does using any of our laws.

Assuming it is SW of the desert would also be assuming that Hades is south of the desert, and right next to the Sea; it isn't.

He didn't summon Lightning. Cole summons Lightning from the Sky. Zeus tossed his Thunderbolt, and it appeared as if Lightning struck. Completely different methods. Cole has no place in this.
It doesn't have a solid time-frame as the time frame given is 'an instant', but the alternative is to assume it it is instantaneous. I'm fine with that.

Nah. Still too skewed.

Even Dante wouldn't be able to catch a leg-less Hermes. You don't have a chance against worn out Hermes.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 04:50 AM
CosmicComet

Occam's razor says you assume the same basic properties of our world when nothing else is contradicted.

Greece is not the same, but we're given no reason not to use the rest of our world to form the minimum for other things, when we are given no contradictory statements.

Truth be told, the Greece in God of War is A LOT bigger than the actual Greece, so if push comes to shove, one could argue that there is reason to think the distances in the God of War world are even greater than they are in the real world.

But I won't. The distance between Greece and Egypt that we are assuming, is a minimum, NOT a maximum.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 04:58 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Even before that they're not directly connected, and defiantly not the ridge its meant to be. A rise in water wouldnt swap deserts and seas around, it'd just be water everywhere. It lowering again would make a desert again or two bodies of water.
These specific differences are important for that calc. Feat is from Mt Olympus to Egypt. If we know Greece and the mountain are not in the same areas, a rl distance cant be used. Less so if the water levels change. And AZ is from a primary source with ['It says AZ so its AZ'], this geo is secondary ['It names locations so the distance is the same'].

Unless its to show Hades as being below them.

Zeus threw it into the sky then lightning struck. Theres no direction/arc that a trow like that makes sense.
Instant seems larger for greater distances. Meh.

Its barely skewed. And as angled as the scene may be, its arm length still falls 90m short of making it a Ma1 feat.

Hey, Kratos did it. How hard can it be? stick out tongue

quote:
Occam's razor says you assume the same basic properties of our world when nothing else is contradicted.

Major geographical differences, altered water level and on a flat-world makes a contradiction. As so would Greece being a lot bigger in-game.

And if GoW Greece is larger it would be closer to Egypt, more so if Egypt if also larger. That and with an altered landscape, Olympus could be on any coast in this Greece.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 02:11 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Even before that they're not directly connected, and defiantly not the ridge its meant to be. A rise in water wouldnt swap deserts and seas around, it'd just be water everywhere. It lowering again would make a desert again or two bodies of water.
These specific differences are important for that calc. Feat is from Mt Olympus to Egypt. If we know Greece and the mountain are not in the same areas, a rl distance cant be used. Less so if the water levels change. And AZ is from a primary source with ['It says AZ so its AZ'], this geo is secondary ['It names locations so the distance is the same'].

Unless its to show Hades as being below them.

Then the Sea would be below everything as well.
I'm going with road map. An Atlas would not be drawn that way.

Zeus threw it into the sky then lightning struck. Theres no direction/arc that a trow like that makes sense.
Instant seems larger for greater distances. Meh.

Its barely skewed. And as angled as the scene may be, its arm length still falls 90m short of making it a Ma1 feat.

Hey, Kratos did it. How hard can it be? stick out tongue

Water levels receding from inland says otherwise.
Indeed, names specific locations, and contains multiple references to point out that it is our world in ancient times.
AZ still wouldn't be our AZ in an altered universe.
RW Return Stroke Lightning is much faster than Mach 5000 anyway, so Zeus' bolt should be faster than Mach 5000.

Then the Sea would be below everything and connected to Hades.
I'm going with road map.

Or there isn't one you are able to visualize. He did not summon Lightning like Cole does. He threw it. End of story.
Nah, its instantaneous.

The angle skews it up.

Much harder for Dante. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 03:21 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

From higher ground and/or over millions of years yeah. Not with a km rise in water in 2k years.
If has the specific places with nothing saying its to scale. Even CC commented that in-game Greece is far larger. If the locations, landmarks, scale and water level are all vastly different than RW, why should we use real distances?
AZ quote = AZ. Location quotes = locations. Location quotes =/= distances.
Why? Gods govern/personify their trait, they dont have perfect control or use of it. (Ref. any other god)

Sea connects to the west coast, Hades is just hanging there at the bottom. If not indicating its below, its say its past the edge of the world which it is.

So he made an impossible arc/throw over an unknown distance. That'd be even less reason to take a figure from it. I'm all for it being lightning speed, just nothing solid to get that high-end speed.

Yes by a few meters, not 90.

**** Dante, the bets if /I/ can kick his broken ass

Old Post Jun 1st, 2012 07:26 PM