KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga comparison thread

Manga comparison thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Meant to stimulate Sasuke huh?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Now carnage is about to come to the battlefield!"

Effing love that. So stupid! xD

Suddenly I'm reading Spider-man.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:18 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So Q99, congratulations, I find myself really liking a Negima character, this early in the series.

I hope you're happy.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:27 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
You should. It's leagues above One Piece in terms of quality.

Nah, you're trolling big grin

Anyways, Naruto underperformed this week, considering we're in the middle of not one but two gigantic battles. Kishi sure knows how to make things boring by shoving Sasuke in our faces.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

2 and a half considering Itachi is on his way to pwn Kabuto.

But the Sasuke teasing wasn't the worst part. The worst part was everyone having a huge internal monologue. >_>

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:37 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Agreed, Sasuke was barely in it, but it was like sending a mental image "remember each time this story stalls I give you some Sasuke, here he is for a good measure".

They are totally going to push Tobi back. I'm starting to fear that Sasuke will appear and kill him with a cheap shot no expression

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:47 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I fear Tobi losing and Kabuto being the main villain....

You have no idea how much this idea frightens me.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:51 AM
NemeBro

I hope it happens, because then you would have to concede that One Piece is better.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 06:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Eh...objectively it probably is. I just prefer Naruto.

But I swear...Tobi better be the final boss. And while we're at it, Teach better be the final boss. F*ck the WG.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:01 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I agree that Teach must be the final boss.

I'm afraid that Sasuke will be the actual end boss, but with some luck it will be the Jyuubi.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:07 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I wouldn't mind Madara or Sasuke being the final boss(but I want it to be Tobi). So long as it's not Kabuto.

Also, where is One Piece? >_>

Last edited by AuraAngel on Feb 8th, 2012 at 07:12 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:09 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Now carnage is about to come to the battlefield!"

Effing love that. So stupid! xD

Suddenly I'm reading Spider-man.

Now we know Sasuke is da final boss. He's gonna take Tobi's powah!

Originally posted by Bentley
Nah, you're trolling big grin

Anyways, Naruto underperformed this week, considering we're in the middle of not one but two gigantic battles. Kishi sure knows how to make things boring by shoving Sasuke in our faces.

Sasuke's face >>> One Piece

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 07:19 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
menokokoro

Haha, remember when it was One Piece, Naruto, then Bleach...Bleach has gone down to no. 8? lol that series should have ended a long time ago.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 08:51 AM
menokokoro is currently offline Click here to Send menokokoro a Private Message Find more posts by menokokoro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

One Piece just came out. Better than Naruto...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 08:53 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

So lets see...

With Naruto, we got a string of boring(though I guess if you like most of these characters its fine) inner monologues, coupled with a great deal of symbolic junk and Sasuke teasing.

With One Piece, we surprisingly got a lot of action. And it seems a Shichibukai have gotten into a mess. And we saw half a body, which might become new Nakama since Luffy invited it.

And with Bleach, they've started a new Holy War. Two new characters, both of whom I like even if they are a bit boring. And Ichigo gets to show off, which is always fun for me at least. And lo and behold, a shadowy figure stalks our hero.

Huh...If I had to pick one, it would be Bleach...o.O

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:24 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You're just a OP hater stick out tongue

I'd assume that the legs we saw in this episode were actually the result of the ability of said Shichibukai, you know, like permanently cutting something and attaching it into something else. We already know it's not the ability of any of the old Shichibukais, so there must be a few new ones.

Of course, we already know who did this, and it's likely to be the Shichibukai in question:[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Trafalgar Law.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:43 PM
Q99

This week:

1) Negima
2) Bleach
3) Claymore
4) Naruto
5) One Piece

Bleach was the best chapter in a long time, I can't believe it's ranking so high (I blame new characters combined with genuinely threatening hollows). 3 and 5 were non-climactic fighting (neither bad, mind you), Naruto touched on some characters but didn't have a lot actually happen, while 1 and 2 were the only ones with real plot stuff, especially 1. None of 'em were bad, though, and that's good.

Very atypical lineup.

Originally posted by NemeBro
So Q99, congratulations, I find myself really liking a Negima character, this early in the series.

I hope you're happy.

Thought that'd happen smile I was a bit afraid you'd get discouraged by the others.

Which one?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:49 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Bentley
You're just a OP hater stick out tongue

I'd assume that the legs we saw in this episode were actually the result of the ability of said Shichibukai, you know, like permanently cutting something and attaching it into something else. We already know it's not the ability of any of the old Shichibukais, so there must be a few new ones.

Of course, we already know who did this, and it's likely to be the Shichibukai in question:[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Trafalgar Law.

Nah man. Just genuinely surprised at Bleach. I suppose Kishi and Oda didn't want to steal Kubo's thunder. OP was probably better than Naruto, though I did dig the symbolism and junk. Still, should be fun to see what happens next week.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 12:57 PM
Q99

I think I might rate OP a bit low since, even though the Dragon wasn't one-shotted, it's still been so long since they've had a challenge.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 02:11 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Indeed. Then again, I love the move Zoro used to beat it. It was discovered in my favorite arc after all.

Am I the only person in the world who misses the time when Luffy didn't use his Gears? erm

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 02:50 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I liked it better just because the names of the attacks were funnier, but since Luffy has now gears + haki it seems stupid not to use any of them at all.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2012 03:02 PM