KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga comparison thread

Manga comparison thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Well, neither OP or Naruto were great.

I do like Taka as well, but they've been wandering or in-jail for awhile.

That I agree with. I don't think any of the big 3 was worth writing home about this week...Not bad just not very special.

Yeah but now we see them doing important stuff. :O

What was on that scroll?

http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/521/4

Maybe?

Originally posted by Nephthys
I have to admit, Juugo has a point. Why is Suigetsu still loyal to Sasuke? Does he secretly crave his man-meat too?

Fire-forged friends?

Then again, maybe Suigetsu is just a nice kid! laughing

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 11:46 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Btw, anyone else feel bad for the Zetsus? They seem to care when some of their number are killed, and that's been happening a *lot*!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 12:37 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well the main white zetsu was killed so I guess it'd be expected for the perma-clones to be sentimental.

Hey I just noticed something....Naruto had two lackluster weeks in a row while Bleach had to great weeks in a row. Coincidence?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 03:52 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Bleach leaching off Kishimoto's talent?

Nah, it's a total coincidence smile We did, after all, have a string of great Naruto weeks and huge fights. Having a breather is pretty logical.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 04:04 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Nephthys
I have to admit, Juugo has a point. Why is Suigetsu still loyal to Sasuke? Does he secretly crave his man-meat too?

Who says he's loyal? He'll use the scroll to distract Sasuke, and then he'll push his shit in with a water bubble.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 04:42 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well the main white zetsu was killed so I guess it'd be expected for the perma-clones to be sentimental.

Hey I just noticed something....Naruto had two lackluster weeks in a row while Bleach had to great weeks in a row. Coincidence?

Nah. I started writing Bleach two weeks ago, while Aura took over Naruto.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:16 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

1. One Piece
2. Bleach
3. Naruto

So has NemeBro spoken, and so it shall be.

GOD WILL SIT.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

But nothing was really spectacular about One Piece this week...except for Mr.Head voicing complaints about Nami.

At least in Bleach we got to see Ichigo's crib and shit. Dude has a ****ing flat screen.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:53 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Mr. Head was amazing, as was Franky.

Really, this week was kind of meh for the HST in general, IMO.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

One Piece was decent considering it's just the beginning of the new arc, they joked a bit, lot's of randomness and discovery, it's fine. The one drawback OP has is that reading just one chapter each week feels like you're losing on the big picture, and when the big picture seems to suck -see Fishman island- then it's more depressive. But quality-wise this chapter stood fine, none of the best, but it may be the above average after the timeskip.

And Naruto was a bit off, the Taka scenes were a bit random, specially if the Orochimaru plot ends up being relevant. Last chapter was boring because two major fights got interrupted to make some monologuing, and Sasuke was pretty much monologuing and wasting chakra on random Zetsus, and then justifying himself for trashing those Zetsus, and then justifying himself in general. Bleh, not my cup of tea anyways.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 07:41 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Man, you One Piece fanboys....

But yeah, I think all three were pretty boring. I guess I just found Naruto the least boring in comparison.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:02 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nah. I started writing Bleach two weeks ago, while Aura took over Naruto.

Nope. NemeBro is writing Naruto, I'm One Piece. Get it right noob.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:40 PM
NemeBro

I am writing the ENDING son.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:43 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Nah, we all agreed to take over from a few weeks ago.

That explains why the head basically called Nami a whore.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:46 PM
NemeBro

One Piece seems more like something I would write, at least, this last chapter anyway.

I certainly wouldn't want to write about Suigetsu and Jugo.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:48 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Quit lying.

But yeah...was not happy with the chapter I made either. Aside from the head calling Nami a whore, I was disappointed.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 11:51 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Nope. NemeBro is writing Naruto, I'm One Piece. Get it right noob.

Whatever. Naruto and One Piece are so far beneath Bleach at this point that they are practically the same.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 02:11 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Just you wait: The next volume will be nothing but Garp and Sengoku ****ing a whale.

Will be legendary.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2012 02:13 AM
Q99

Ooh, update for my personal chart this week:

1. Fairy Tail [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lucy's boss! Plus the enemy is creepy, underhanded, and has an agenda
2. Bleach
3. One Piece
4. Naruto

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 06:04 AM
NemeBro

How many chapters of Fairy Tale are out now?

Depending on how many, might start it soonish.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2012 06:12 AM