KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga comparison thread

Manga comparison thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « First ... « 79 80 [81] 82 83 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Naruto is ending with such a weak end arc it is sad. sad It had a lot of good moments but the last 2 arcs are honestly so boring I just want to cry erm

Naruto vs Che GueSasuke should heat things up again.

I do agree that one of the problems series sometimes have is thinking climactic battles have to be long. Claymore, most people I know could've gone with a few less chapters of Priscilla fighting.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2014 11:25 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The length for the actual final battle with Kaguya seemed reasonable IMO. What drags it down is that Kaguya herself is an incredibly boring final boss that managed to still be boring despite being considerably more powerful than Naruto and Sasuke. That along with the fact that we had like 2-3 final bosses before that.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 12:01 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Originally posted by NemeBro
If only it could rival the ultimatum that was episods 21-24 of KlK huh?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 12:46 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The length for the actual final battle with Kaguya seemed reasonable IMO. What drags it down is that Kaguya herself is an incredibly boring final boss that managed to still be boring despite being considerably more powerful than Naruto and Sasuke. That along with the fact that we had like 2-3 final bosses before that.

The whole Madara arc was just truly not exciting at all to me erm It was like they were just trying to throw in some last glimpses of the characters and try to make him as OP as possible when there really was no premise or reason that he would be that OP just because hes from a long time ago? I just don't care about Sauske or Sakura at all and Kakashi spent half the arc standing around looking surprised and emo erm Kakashi's Anime fight with Obito is bad ass though. If there were so many fillers the anime's portrayal of the fights makes it much more exciting but soooooo much filler standing around whining and hyping villain OPness with surprise faces. When Kaguya came out I was like: OMG finish it already. >.<

Old Post Sep 12th, 2014 12:53 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

For me, the Madara/Kaguya stuff was overly slow, but not painful. Wonder if the Anime's going to speed it up...

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 10:11 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Truth & Justice & Liberty

One Piece delivers for me, this week, now I'm just curious about Law past, even more so. Fairy Tail on the other hand, was a bit underwhelming with Erza's scene, however I hope it turns differently next week (shock factor?).

Naruto has nice fight scenes and moves, just sad it came out this way for Sasuke/Naruto to show them off. Like Q99 said, too much time spent on Kaguya/Madara.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2014 11:34 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'm really glad UQ's joined the ranks of active manga, what with Claymore and Naruto both leaving replacements are needed.

And it's school-killer story is turning out really good!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2014 01:10 AM
Q99

I'm going to bump this and ask what your current top manga are.

Without Naruto doing a top each weak does seem a bit empty sad

Old Post Mar 1st, 2015 11:30 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Right now UQ Holder and Fairy Tale are my top mainstream manga at the moment.

Its only been recently that Bleach has gained my interest and I still do not care for anything happening in OP at the moment.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 12:19 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, UQ then FT then Bleach than OP is my ranking too.

Everything in One Piece is so... cluttered nowadays. So much is going on I don't get attached to the villains and their defeat, and there's so much cutting back and forth between not just one, two, or three groups, but also minor character's fights as well.

Well, and then there's One Punch man, but it's kinda tricky since it's release thing is so weird (often just part of a chapter, based on a webcomic I've already read through, etc.). So I find it hard to include.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 12:48 AM
Markness

Nanatsu no Taizai beats both UQ Holder! and Fairy Tail, IMO. It combines the best elements of both old school and new school shounen and Nakaba Suzuki really knows how to make the reader wish that the following week would come sooner. I lost interest in Bleach and NnT is partly for that. Toriko, One Piece, and Magi have just been so-so lately.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 06:45 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I do need to get into NnT next time I'm looking to add a shounen to my list. Not now, but I'll get a desire sooner or later.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 08:06 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I've tried to get to get into NnT but the characters are so stupidly powerful that I don't feel any tension.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 07:01 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

I actually like how over the top Nanatsu no Taizai is. The characters are already established warriors so why wouldn't they be strong? After dealing with Bleach's and Naruto's tedious training arcs, I am glad NnT does not go that route.

One Piece has been a little better lately, Toriko's been a blast for the last few chapters, and the final bout between Aladdin and Judar in Magi was certainly different.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2015 01:58 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

Top: Assasination Classroom.

Then: One Piece, I love to hate Law.

Next: Nanatsu no Taizai, classic power show of from the villain but the choreography is aptly done. I just wish the dialogue was actually good.

Fourth: Kingdom. Slow chapters as of late, but Ryofui does deserve a few issues to have a proper send off.

Fifth: Boku No Hero Academy. The action was decent, but this is a manga still in the edge of me wanting to drop it.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2015 02:38 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

For anyone that cares, Vinland Saga is back and is moving along.

Oh and I'm going to try Toriko again along with this Nanatsu no Taizai.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 12:19 AM
Q99

I am starting on NnT, or more specifically the print version. I could do without the main character's harassing and the art style took a little adjusting to, but it's pretty good stuff.

UQ is being pretty awesome, with the villain unveiled and pressure on Touta. It impresses me how Akamatsu can manage more tension with immortal character than many authors can with ostensibly mortal ones!

Fairy Tail finished up a strong arc and the new one is shaping up pretty well.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 12:54 PM
Markness

Read the new Vinland Saga chapter. Thorfinn still has his combat skill and taking on that bear was an impressive way to show it. There's also a new face who could become an ally.

I've bought all of the volumes of NnT that Kodansha Comics has published and they are the best way to read it. They have a better translation than the online version, some bonus shorts, and the gaidens are in them as well.
The UQ Holder! volumes are pretty good, too.

Milan Matra of Omamori Himari fame has a new series called Kamigoroshihime Zilch. You can't beat Etna as far as demon girls go but this one isn't bad.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2015 03:53 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Esomark

I've bought all of the volumes of NnT that Kodansha Comics has published and they are the best way to read it. They have a better translation than the online version, some bonus shorts, and the gaidens are in them as well.

And with the pacing, I think it probably works better in chunks.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2015 02:11 AM
Q99

Another one I discovered recently is Seraph of the End.

A world ruled by vampires shortly after a plague wiped out most people in the near modern-day, the main characters use powerful demon weapons to fight them... it's pretty cool.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 01:35 AM