KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga comparison thread

Manga comparison thread
Started by: Q99

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (83): « First ... « 80 81 [82] 83 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Q99

Bumping this old thread to link to the rankings of manga within Shonen Jump

OP of course dominates, but some like Assassination Classroom and Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia) are quite awesome and doing well.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:21 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Assassination Classroom was definitely going for the jugular. Nice to see Shokugeki no Soma and Boku no Hero doing well too.

Bleach being on there at all is a bit of a surprise.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:31 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Assassination Classroom was definitely going for the jugular. Nice to see Shokugeki no Soma and Boku no Hero doing well too.

Bleach being on there at all is a bit of a surprise.

It's not canceled yet- this 'ranking' is reflected in simply the placement order of the chapters in the magazine, so as long as it exists, it'll be in there, and Jump is unlikely to cancel it in it's final arc (since it's worth more back-issue wise and customer loyalty wise to finish).

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:42 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I had figured Jump would've given Bleach the Beelzebub treatment but that makes sense. Finding out it wasn't completely in last place which is also a plus plus I supposed.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2015 04:56 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

This week-

Fairy Tail- Not much happened, just steeling themselves for upcoming battle. Liked it, but again, not much.
Bleach- Either not much happened except a bankai got deployed, or the battle ended. I'm betting the former, because Bleach.
One Piece- Not much happened, some running, and a meeting we knew was gonna happen.

UQ Holder- Stuff actually happening! Touta takes on lightning spirit and uses magic erebea. Also he has a head-Eva, which is neat.

Last edited by Q99 on Aug 21st, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2015 10:58 PM
wakkawakkawakka

For Fairy Tail, I think a huddle up chapter fits considering who they're going to fight. The bad guys aren't going to stomp themselves.

Yeah Bleach is being Bleach right now.

UQ Holder had the most enjoyable chapter of the week with Touta fighting the lightning spirit.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 01:38 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Magi continues to be the most enjoyable manga I read lately, not counting Ippo. You guys need to catch up on that noise.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 01:43 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Yeah but Magi didn't come out this week. That aside, things are definitely going down in that manga with the recent reveal(s). I have to dedicate x amount of time during the day to catch up on Ippo.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 02:09 AM
Markness

The new Nanatsu no Taizai chapter was pretty good. Meliodas has made the Ten Commandments split up so he, the other Seven Deadly Sins, and their allies will have an easier time taking them on but this also means that they are no longer sitting still so they are spreading terror wherever they go.

Touta's starting to resemble Negi now. Cool seeing the term "Complexio" again.
Getting some background about Mavis in Fairy Tail.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2015 04:04 AM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'm on physical volumes of Nanatsu no Taizai, I have yet to get around to catching up to the chapter by chapter stuff ;_; (And I'm probably going to stay like that for a bit, as fast as they're coming out with physical volumes)

On another bright side, I just found and got caught up on Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle, which is a nice treat! I wonder how she got that gun thingy... and what's happening with the solar system balance of power with nanos in the mix.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 05:33 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by AuraAngel

Oh me oh my.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 12:17 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markness

Originally posted by Q99
I'm on physical volumes of Nanatsu no Taizai, I have yet to get around to catching up to the chapter by chapter stuff ;_; (And I'm probably going to stay like that for a bit, as fast as they're coming out with physical volumes)

On another bright side, I just found and got caught up on Battle Angel Alita: Mars Chronicle, which is a nice treat! I wonder how she got that gun thingy... and what's happening with the solar system balance of power with nanos in the mix.

It'll be a while before Kodansha Comics catchs up with the Japanese version but they put Vol. 10's release date in this coming month rather than the month after like they did with the previous volumes. One thing that has helped me tremendously catch up with single chapters has been Kindle Fire's Manga Searcher app. It downloads them onto your device and there are no load times.

Yeah, same here. Poor Alita can't seem to avoid trouble but fortunately she can literally tear her way out of it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 10:25 PM
Markness is currently offline Click here to Send Markness a Private Message Find more posts by Markness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

For some reason I really find physical books easier, so I will probably stay lagged behind for awhile, til the gap shrinks and as long as they keep them coming out so steadily.

---

I do like how they talk about how it's 100% true that she fights better with a sliced off arm ^^

And it's not like she tries and *avoid* trouble...

Old Post Aug 26th, 2015 03:18 AM
Q99

Some not-so-great industry news. All the top magazines took a hit last year, sometimes quite considerable. Shounen Sunday (home of Magi) is under 400k.

2014 had a 1% rise, but overall the print/magazine market has been in decline for some time:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 01:14 AM
Markness

Originally posted by Q99
For some reason I really find physical books easier, so I will probably stay lagged behind for awhile, til the gap shrinks and as long as they keep them coming out so steadily.

---

I do like how they talk about how it's 100% true that she fights better with a sliced off arm ^^

And it's not like she tries and *avoid* trouble...

While the Kindle app has helped me catch up, I definitely prefer reading the books myself as well. It feels more natural and, while the Kindle subverts the loading times (A big pain especially when you have a crappy computer), you don't have to worry about the image getting messed up. Kodansha Comics are also one the best publishers currently so I want to support them.

She's really hard to keep down. On a related note, I picked up Kishiro's Ars Magna art book a while back. Recommended for any Alita fan.

It looks like Japan's declining birth rate and increasing death rate is putting some dents in the industry.

Last edited by Markness on Aug 27th, 2015 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2015 03:31 PM
Q99

Originally posted by Markness

It looks like Japan's declining birth rate and increasing death rate is putting some dents in the industry.

I think a lot of it is the publishers have really been against moving to digital- Japan has oddly resisted some types of change pretty heavily.

But people are still getting digital entertainment more, meaning they're just buying less published stuff.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 02:39 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Bumping.

What new manga are you guys reading? Just finished YYH and HxH(well "finished") so I'm curious.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 01:28 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I'm reading through ruler of the land. The main character is a tool early on but becomes a badass about mid way through.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 06:53 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Well Fairy Tail just finished up today...despite everything that happened on the way here its surprising to see it have a rather nice conclusion.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 06:59 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ I may have to finish this then. I stopped right at the last invasion or something.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2017 04:58 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote