KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Marine Sniper Unit Poses with SS logo

Marine Sniper Unit Poses with SS logo
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

So it's the "we're ignorant of history", lol. Read a damn book.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 05:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
*raises hand halfway*

I know for a fact there are, but most of them know better than to flaunt it/display it openly.

Saw a documentary on it...there are some cases where they find Swastikas hanging in barracks next to the US flag.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I'd be surprised to find a whole neo-Nazi unit.

ya, fair enough, at the time I posted that I didn't have much more to go on than the photo. For instance, until I saw that the army had confirmed it, we really didn't know this was a single unit (rather than a collection of Nazis from different units or even civilians in army costumes). We didn't know how widely spread the image was, so it may have been something that people attempted to keep underground, etc.

Stoic's link gives a bit more context, though, I'll be honest, finding out that there were even entire units (10 individuals in this photo) that harbored sympathies for Nazis within the institutional military apparatus of the American government would be entirely unsurprising, imho.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 06:02 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I'm not too surprised. Snipers are killers; plane and simple. They see the person they kill. It's personal. I'm not condemning them for that, but they do have that in common with the SS.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 06:46 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm not too surprised. Snipers are killers; plane and simple. They see the person they kill. It's personal. I'm not condemning them for that, but they do have that in common with the SS.

also they both wore boots. and brushed their teeth.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:18 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by focus4chumps
also they both wore boots. and brushed their teeth.

Sorry, but I think your comparison is stupid.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:22 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, but I think your comparison is stupid.

quite a weird coincidence, cuz guess what i think about your comparison?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:27 PM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Did you know that Nazis had respiratory systems? You don't want to be like Hitler, do you?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:30 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quite a weird coincidence, cuz guess what i think about your comparison?

You can disagree all you wish, but at least I gave something that furthered the debate. Unlike boots and teeth.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:31 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

To be fair, they probably have a lot of things in common with the SS, but this serves what point here?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Robtard
To be fair, they probably have a lot of things in common with the SS, but this serves what point here?

Just trying to understand why would they take this picture with that flag. Ether they see some connection, or they just didn't know what the flag meant.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 10:59 PM
tsilamini

None of those people had any part of ww2, "SS" is also the initials of their position in the military, the "SS" symbol is badass in that it is offensive and in your face.

I think this explains itself tbh

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:02 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

'SS' may mean 'Scout Sniper', but specifically using the 'double thunderbolts' links to the Nazis.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:07 PM
tsilamini

sure, they are badasses who just don't give a **** though

idk, the army's explanation does sort of reek of hand waving, etc, but a single picture does not a nazi make

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:08 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

there will likely come a time when the SS logo is viewed the same way the Confederate Stars and Bars are now.

But until then anyone flying it is trying to make a statement or is just completely ignorant.

I don't think that out of an entire unit there wouldn't be at least one guy who understood the significance of the SS symbol, that's just idiotic. I think they knew what it was and used it because they thought it was funny or just to get attention and stand out more than scout snipers already do.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:13 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I wouldn't at all be surprised if they just didn't know any better.

I'm more "enlightened" on most issues than the majority of people in this country, or at least I like to think so, but I had no idea the flag in that picture was a Nazi symbol until it was stated to be so. The Swastika is an iconic Nazi symbol. That looks like the type of symbol and font you would see on an AC/DC or Iron Maiden logo.

(please log in to view the image)

I mean, for Christ's sake. It's more than possible that they just thought it was "badass".

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:35 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:38 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Buddhists and Hindus should take back the Swastika. Remind people that it was used for millenia before Hitler got his hands on it.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:40 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Buddhists and Hindus should take back the Swastika. Remind people that it was used for millenia before Hitler got his hands on it.

He used it backward.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piresrl/2113813034/

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:41 PM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can disagree all you wish, but at least I gave something that furthered the debate. Unlike boots and teeth.

please explain how a single fallacious comparison "furthered the debate". i mean, it sure created another one, but not pertaining to the thread topic.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:55 PM
dadudemon

Bam. thumb up

He used it backward.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/piresrl/2113813034/

Well, there are two forms of that symbol: the sauwastika and the swastika.

Hitler did not use the sauwastika. It was just the swastika. The expression of the rotation means two different things in the Hindu system.

BRB...

Edit - Yeah, this is what I was talking about :

(please log in to view the image)

please explain how a single fallacious comparison "furthered the debate". i mean, it sure created another one, but not pertaining to the thread topic.

Please: the SS were entrusted with lots of the atrocious killings. His comparison is quite apt with a modern sniper whose job is to kill people.

He's calling them both "dogs" and you're practically raging, "NAY! One is a Bullmastiff and the other is an English Mastiff!"

At face value, what's the difference between entrusting American Military with special killing jobs and entrusting Nazi Military with special killing jobs? Oh, right... erm

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 11th, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2012 11:58 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote