KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Marine Sniper Unit Poses with SS logo

Marine Sniper Unit Poses with SS logo
Started by: Darth Jello

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

Please: the SS were entrusted with lots of the atrocious killings. His comparison is quite apt with a modern sniper whose job is to kill people.

He's calling them both "dogs" and you're practically raging, "NAY! One is a Bullmastiff and the other is an English Mastiff!"

At face value, what's the difference between entrusting American Military with special killing jobs and entrusting Nazi Military with special killing jobs? Oh, right... erm

well the thing is that the s.s. was in charge of an executive ordered systematic execution of a substantial portion of their own civilian population, while marine snipers are (presumably) hitting enemy combatants. its hardly a minor set of details to scoff at erm

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:12 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by focus4chumps
well the thing is that the s.s. was in charge of systematically executing a substantial portion of their own civilian population, while marine snipers are (presumably) hitting enemy combatants. its hardly a minor set of details to scoff at erm

I like the strong language you use such as

"Systematically"

and

"substantially"

But dressing up your post with exaggerated words does not make your point any better or worse.

But to address your point...

Your distinction is quite irrelevant and is only a forced "contrary" position.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:15 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Indeed. Attacking civilians vs. "military targets" is completely arbitrary. At the end of the day, both groups are simply "following orders".

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:17 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^
^^
^^^
So it's settled, Marine Snipers are just like the Nazi SS.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like the strong language you use such as

"Systematically"

and

"substantially"

But dressing up your post with exaggerated words does not make your point any better or worse.

But to address your point...

ok but these are all empty presumptions with no substance to back them up while i presented valid points of comparison. (that being the duties carried out by ww2 ss and todays marine snipers)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:19 AM
focus4chumps is currently offline Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Those aren't valid points of comparison. They're arbitrary. In other news, Rob eats cocks.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:24 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Though it pains me to admit it, I don't think the US government would have to nudge the Scout Snipers very hard to get them to start ethnically cleansing people.

Or at least not as hard as most would think. Snipers aren't really known for considering the ethical implications of orders.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:29 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Those aren't valid points of comparison. They're arbitrary. In other news, Rob eats cocks.

It was sarcasm, you large brown bastard. I don't think marine snipers are like the SS. Sure they're both soldiers, use guns and eat etc., but no.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:37 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Well, you eating cocks was definitely not sarcasm, so there.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:38 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Well, you eating cocks was definitely not sarcasm, so there.

You're still large.

You're still brown.

You're still a bastard.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 12:47 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

there have indeed been command structure breakdowns leading to slaughtered civilians at the hands of jacked up testosterone-drunk sadists who happen to land in the position to make something like that happen, and enthusiastically prove themselves to be human garbage on camera for the world to see.

however, to point that out and compare it to a group of government sanctioned genocide overseers...well its kinda goofy on the grounds that they are both "people who kill people".

its a broad comparison with obvious inflammatory connotations. you could drop the nazi-bomb in a thread about cops, health insurers, court/jury, etc. on that point of comparison.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 01:07 AM
dadudemon

ok but these are all empty presumptions with no substance to back them up while i presented valid points of comparison. (that being the duties carried out by ww2 ss and todays marine snipers)

Thank you for stating that it is an empty assumption with no substance to back it up that US Military Snipers do not systematically kill lots of people with cold precision and there's NO legitimate comparison between them and the German SS from WWII. Without your clarification, I would not know how to think. I owe you one.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 01:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you for stating that it is an empty assumption with no substance to back it up that US Military Snipers do not systematically kill lots of people with cold precision and there's NO legitimate comparison between them and the German SS from WWII. Without your clarification, I would not know how to think. I owe you one.

["people killing people"] is broad comparison with obvious inflammatory connotations. you could drop the nazi-bomb in a thread about cops, health insurers, court/jury, etc. on that point of comparison.

ninja masterfully dodged, sensei.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:05 AM
dadudemon

ninja masterfully dodged, sensei.

Maybe it's dodging if you pretend this conversation is about something else entirely...

But let's recap.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'm not too surprised. Snipers are killers; plane and simple. They see the person they kill. It's personal. I'm not condemning them for that, but they do have that in common with the SS.

Your problem with his statement:
please explain how a single fallacious comparison "furthered the debate". i mean, it sure created another one, but not pertaining to the thread topic.

Your reasons:
its a broad comparison with obvious inflammatory connotations. you could drop the nazi-bomb in a thread about cops, health insurers, court/jury, etc. on that point of comparison.

And here's how your reasons were systematically destroyed:

Please: the SS were entrusted with lots of the atrocious killings. His comparison is quite apt with a modern sniper whose job is to kill people.

He's calling them both "dogs" and you're practically raging, "NAY! One is a Bullmastiff and the other is an English Mastiff!"

At face value, what's the difference between entrusting American Military with special killing jobs and entrusting Nazi Military with special killing jobs? Oh, right...
erm

Or do you think that government sponsored and directed killers that systematically execute people are common enough to make clothing comparisons? Do you see why your comparison with "boots" is silly whereas his comparison is fairly spot-on? Here the point is, again: they are both "government sponsored and directed killers that systematically execute/d people".

That's a very specific job and many states throughout history have had their own forms of SS. AKA, specially trained and trusted military forces that carry out sensitive missions that often entail covert and overt executions.

Pretending that anyone else is not like the SS, in that regard, is rather lame. The SS were not even original in their "objectives." They are just more recent and more memorable due to the atrocities associated with the 3rd Reich. Every modern military power has their "SS": unless you live under a rock.

In conclusion, you posted as the contrarian to troll, you were wrong, both Shaky and I called you on it, so you bought the Dodgers and you audaciously accused me of purchasing the Dodgers as you handed Frank McCourt the check. Don't you get enough of your trolling on Bardock's board? Why do it here?

Last edited by dadudemon on Feb 11th, 2012 at 02:41 AM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:37 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe it's dodging if you pretend this conversation is about something else entirely...

But let's recap.

Your problem with his statement:

Your reasons:

And here's how your reasons were systematically destroyed:

Or do you think that government sponsored and directed killers that systematically execute people are common enough to make clothing comparisons? Do you see why your comparison with "boots" is silly whereas his comparison is fairly spot-on? Here the point is, again: they are both "government sponsored and directed killers that systematically execute/d people".

That's a very specific job and many states throughout history have had their own forms of SS. AKA, specially trained and trusted military forces that carry out sensitive missions that often entail covert and overt executions.

Pretending that anyone else is not like the SS, in that regard, is rather lame. The SS were not even original in their "objectives." They are just more recent and more memorable due to the atrocities associated with the 3rd Reich. Every modern military power has their "SS": unless you live under a rock.

In conclusion, you posted as the contrarian to troll, you were wrong, both Shaky and I called you on it, so you bought the Dodgers and you audaciously accused me of purchasing the Dodgers as you handed Frank McCourt the check. Don't you get enough of your trolling on Bardock's board? Why do it here?

wow man laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:46 AM
dadudemon

Bring back a hotdog with all the fixin's from the concession stand, please. You KNOW how fat I am.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:50 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, its remarkably weird because its usually the one who drops 'reductio ad hitlerum' into a topic thats accused of trolling. thats cool how you flipped it.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:55 AM
dadudemon

well, its remarkably weird because its usually the one who drops 'reductio ad hitlerum' into a topic thats accused of trolling. thats cool how you flipped it.

Yeah, how dare someone resort to Godwin's Law in a thread about ... the ... t-the... 3rd Reich's symbols.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 02:59 AM
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, how dare someone resort to Godwin's Law in a thread about ... the ... t-the... 3rd Reich's symbols.

symbols, not practice. its a flag, brah. not a holocaust.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 03:01 AM
dadudemon

*pitiful attempt but impossible to salvage*

Sorry, man...there's just no way you can come back from such a huge mistake.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2012 03:12 AM