KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Superman vs. the Elite

Superman vs. the Elite
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Superman vs. the Elite

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=54618

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Pauley Perrette will voice Lois Lane in the upcoming animated DVD-movie Superman vs. The Elite. Based on the graphic novel "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way?". The story appeared in Action Comics #775 as published by DC Comics in March 2001. It was written by Joe Kelly, pencilled by Doug Mahnke and Lee Bermejo, and inked by Tom Nguyen, Dexter Vines, Jim Royal, Jose Marzan, Wade Von Grawbadger and Wayne Faucher.

The tale focuses on The Elite, a team of super-powered antiheroes fronted by Manchester Black, who gained worldwide popularity for viciously killing their foes. Despite the acclaim and approval that the Elite are enjoying, Superman knows that they are wrong, and tension mounts between the Man of Steel and The Elite mounts until a televised showdown takes place on Jupiter.

Said Perrette about her Lois Lane portrayal in comparison to her NCIS role, "I think there are similarities between Abby and Lois, they're both very smart and confident and really good at their jobs. They're both really focused. Abby [her NCIS characer] just doesn't have a Superman."

TV Guide reports that Superman vs. The Elite, the ninth film from Warner Bros. Animation, will be available on DVD, Blu-ray, digital download and on demand. An exact release date has yet to be determined, but expect to see it before July's San Diego Comic-Con International.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 09:25 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Unusual art style.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2012 11:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

That it is.

Though, I'm pleasantly surprised they're adapting this story for animation.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 12:11 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

What's with the jaw?

Anyway, Manchester animated? Heck yea.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 01:33 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That it is.

Though, I'm pleasantly surprised they're adapting this story for animation.

I just hope we finally get to see Superman as an effective fighter rather than an invincible punching bag.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
I just hope we finally get to see Superman as an effective fighter rather than an invincible punching bag.

Same.

I do like the occasional display of Superman just pummeling something into oblivion, but I do like the thinking man's brawler approach to his combat style.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2012 06:47 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Same.

I do like the occasional display of Superman just pummeling something into oblivion, but I do like the thinking man's brawler approach to his combat style.

Same here. I just wish that they'd brought that to the animated movies, rather than either Worf effecting him or just having him keep someone busy by letting them wail on him.

Superman Doomsday was the only one where I felt like he was actually well represented.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 01:30 AM
Smurph
------

Looking forward to Superman beating them to a pulp with that massive chin.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2012 02:10 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just saw the trailer; have to say I'm looking forward to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 06:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Trailer:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...y/news/?a=56397

His chin doesn't look that bad. The OP pic over-exaggerates it, imo.

Anyway, looks pretty good.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 07:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Anyone seen this yet?

Have to say, I was quite pleased with it tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 7th, 2012 04:32 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was good.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 06:11 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Watched it last night, it was decent. I didn't care too much for the animation style and the story seemed like it was rushed. Elite arrive, they're friendly with Supes, then the next second they're not.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 06:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah the animation was too 'kiddy' imo. The story, however, was still better than I thought it would be. Not great, but not bad either.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 05:05 PM
emporerpants

I thought it was quite excellent. I actually didn't mind the few changes that they made. I was very pleasantly surprised. Probably my fav DC animated movie. I actually really liked what the note superman left for lois said.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 03:59 AM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

I liked it.

Nice SM feats,looked scary with the bloodshot eye in the end and his general ownage of the elite especially the heat vision lobotomy was chillingly awesome.

I enjoyed Manchester black killing atomic skull and i have to say crazy as he was i found myself siding with MB a lot.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2012 04:46 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

This is easily the best comic flick i've seen in a looong time. IT is also the best portrayel of, Superman. From addressing the moral, ethics and symbol that Superman has stood for. This movie focuses on the question of whether or not Superman is still relevant and answers with a resounding, yes, suggesting that the relevance of Supermans beliefs are needed now, perhaps more than ever. It was also nice to see a glimpse of, Supermans true power.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 01:43 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

This movie was pretty good. Lois was a *****. The Antiheroes brought forward the great question of "why don't heroes kill their enemies". And Supes went badass.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 03:17 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Art style could have been better with some of the Elite...I'm mainly talking about Manchester and Coldcast...but aside from that it was great.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 09:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by -Pr-
Same here. I just wish that they'd brought that to the animated movies, rather than either Worf effecting him or just having him keep someone busy by letting them wail on him.

Superman Doomsday was the only one where I felt like he was actually well represented.
What about Superman/Batman Apocalypse?

DL this now.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on Jun 19th, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:37 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote