KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sith Inquisitor versus Dooku

Sith Inquisitor versus Dooku
Started by: Stealth Moose

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nox is the sith inquisitor.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Herbert Spencer
Who is Darth Nox and where are his TK feats? Dooku is an enormously talented telekineticist so I'm hesitant to give this guy the nod in that department without ample proof.

Force choking and blasting a Dark Council member mid force lightning comes to mind. Darth Nox's canonical name is Lord Kallig, the Sith Inquisitor.

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 06:54 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm lazy, give me time stamps. I skimmed the cutscene Yoda provided and didn't find any badass displays of telekinesis.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I imagine he means casually stopping Thanaton's lightsaber and then forcing him to his knees despite him clearly resisting.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's in Mizukage's link?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, its in the final confrontation. The video is at the top of the related videos section in Mizukage's link. Kallig switches to pwning with TK at around 1.20.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:51 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm underwhelmed, to be honest. At least with respect to Dooku's feats. It took the Inquisitor a full ten seconds to bring Thanaton to his knees and while stopping the lightsaber is rare, I'm not sure under what framework I should find it impressive. It's certainly rare, but I don't see how either feat would outclass Dooku.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 08:55 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

That's in Mizukage's link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqgIMp5WJd0
4:37

The North Remembers

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well personally I think it demonstrates an utter dominance thats never been seen before. Sure, Yoda can 'kick Ventresses ass' by casually stealing her lightsaber. But I've never seen a powerful Sith Lord be utterly manhandled in that way before whilst actually fighting back. But I agree that in terms of raw power, theres been more devestating displays (Marek for example) and greater lifting feats (Dooku and those pillars). I don't think Kallig demonstrated enough in that scene to own Dooku telekinetically, but imo enough to stop him from engaging him in lightsabers.

But of course, neither you or I have played through the Sith Inquisitor storyline. So who knows what Kallig and Thanaton demonstrate in other scenes.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:02 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the point. I agree some of it is impressive, but not in a context that involves the good Count.

As far as SWTOR is concerned, I'm currently trying to find where Vitiate is supposedly pwned on Voss.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:04 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

How powerful is Thanaton alleged to be, by the way?

Found the Voss video. If this is pwned, not impressed. Sure, the Emperor is put on his ass (again) and is mystically bound within the vessel to such an extent that suicide is apparently not an option, but not what I'd expected.

Though there is a reference at 6:10 about the length of the rituals, once again pointing to the accuracy of my assessment of Vitiate.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:12 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That's the point. I agree some of it is impressive, but not in a context that involves the good Count.

As far as SWTOR is concerned, I'm currently trying to find where Vitiate is supposedly pwned on Voss.

This?

I guess after being killed here the Emperor gets a new Voice who is promptly killed by the Jedi Knight. Epic Fail.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:12 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Jedi Knight seems to be the most powerful of the classes. Pwning Vitiate on a dark side nexus while exhausted? Who else in the game can compete with that?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:15 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

You'll have to show examples of Dooku's superiority in the force that would give a better picture of how he's going to handle Nox. Also, the whole Voice thing, again, is an extension of the Emperor's will. Somebody post a picture of Darth Baras' death and listen to the entire thing.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The Jedi Knight seems to be the most powerful of the classes. Pwning Vitiate on a dark side nexus while exhausted? Who else in the game can compete with that?

Smuggler, duh.

He can kick you in the nuts!

Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
You'll have to show examples of Dooku's superiority in the force that would give a better picture of how he's going to handle Nox. Also, the whole Voice thing, again, is an extension of the Emperor's will. Somebody post a picture of Darth Baras' death and listen to the entire thing.

Its unconfirmed that the being the Knight killed was the Voice.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:23 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't say Dooku was superior in the Force, I said that "Nox" stopping a lightsaber and taking ten seconds to drop Thanaton doesn't come close to suggesting he's a superior telekineticist than the Count.

quote:
DS
Also, the whole Voice thing, again, is an extension of the Emperor's will.

The Codex in front of me (which could be errant) says that the Voice's body is a receptacle for the Emperor's power and consciousness and that to have an audience with him/her is to have an audience with the Emperor himself. That seems to go above and beyond other canonical extensions of one's will, a la Palpatine's Hands and Dark Side Adepts.

quote:
DS
Somebody post a picture of Darth Baras' death and listen to the entire thing.

I'll see what I can find on youtube.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:26 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

What part of Baras's death?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:30 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

The video where the Warrior walks into the dark council chamber, all up until the death.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:41 PM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, but what part and what about it? I'd rather not watch 15 mins of game footage, son. I won't even do it for ME3, let alone this. :/

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:42 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I watched it. I assume you mean the part about Baras 'asking the Emperor what to do?' Really I don't know what you think that proves.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2012 09:45 PM