KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Teachings of the Shaman

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Teachings of the Shaman
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HereticalDruid

(I'm assuming you meant...)

"'Pacify' them?" Azarl asks. "I'm in no shape to go fighting a warrior clan by myself. We should get to the closest friendly clan and rest up. Or rest up here before we go.

"Plus, you destroyed my only weapon. I'm unarmed and not much good at fighting anyway."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 12:25 AM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We will rearm you. You will visit the armory. It is submerged. You will swim there. And then we will pacify them. This is mandatory."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 09:32 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

Azarl decides not to argue with J7 about this, irritated by the droid's assertiveness and wondering why his Will would have urged him to come to this place.

"Alright, show me how to get here," Azarl sighs.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2015 07:15 PM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

J7 guides you back down into the rotting, rusting hulk of the battle cruiser (his phrase for the starship), navigating around crushed corridors and hazardous obstacles, until you reach the waterline.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2015 12:38 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

Azarl eyes the water uncomfortably, then reaches out with his senses to try detecting life beneath the lapping filmy surface of the polluted water.

"Now what?" Azarl asks. "Will it be fairly obvious where the armory is? And will I have any trouble getting down there?"

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 01:27 AM
REXXXX
Networking

J7 gives you vague directions down to the armory. Much to your chagrin, you do sense life down there. But it could be anything, right?

"You will find the armory because it holds the key to your success in our campaign," J7 says.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2015 09:17 AM
HereticalDruid

"I'm glad you're confident," Azarl says.

He will slip into the water and make his way down to the armory.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 09:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I very much picture a cockroach scuttling and flailing in water as Azarl tests the water and then dives down into it. You very quickly discover how dark and murky the water is, and become uncertain of how to move on even with J7's directions in mind.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2015 10:02 AM
HereticalDruid

Follow the Force? Otherwise, plunge and figure it out with Observation. I can't very well take a torch in the water. Unless J7 has a flashlight lying around that will work underwater. Not that Azarl knows what that is a lo-tech world like Vudes.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 07:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Without light, Observation will roll at a penalty, as a Hard check (successes only on 6's). You can try to sense your way with the Force.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2015 07:41 PM
HereticalDruid

Then Azarl opens directs his Will to show him the way, closing his eyes and embracing the weightlessness of the water.

Take me where I need to go, he thinks to himself.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2015 08:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You try to tune in to your Will... and you find yourself recalling your vision of this very starship crashing into its resting place. Your Will guided you to this place, and it continues to guide you.

The Force roll counts as Easy and you roll four successes.

Not the most experienced swimmer, it takes some struggling to actually guide yourself underwater. But as you sink deeper into the submerged corridors, you follow your instincts and come to a tremendous metal door, as J7 described.

It is closed.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 03:07 AM
HereticalDruid

Azarl sees no issue with that, aside from a brief annoyance. He focuses his Will on the door and pulls it open with his mighty power!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2016 11:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The blast door sealing the armory wasn't designed for easy access. It will take a great amount of effort to unseal it with the Force (or your Will, as the Shaman would tell you).

You can spend a Force point to automatically pass the roll, or you must make Force rolls and accumulate ten successes to wrench the door open, and between each roll, a Strength check as your lungs start screaming for air. Failed Strength checks will detract successes, and too many failed Strength checks will mean you drowned...

If you can justify how the Dark Side would empower you to complete this task, I will give you a free Force point to use on this...

(Reminder: You have one point remaining.)

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 19th, 2016 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 08:47 PM
HereticalDruid

Do I get a bonus from my Alien Schticks at all?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2016 11:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I will say +1 to Strength for your resistance to harsh environs.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 08:20 AM
HereticalDruid

Then Azarl will try to wrench the door open with the Force.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 11:25 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You reach out and grasp the blast door with your mind. It has not moved in a long time, and between the water pressure and the rust, it will take great effort to move it.

But you have a knack for this sort of thing, altering your environment to suit your needs. On a pool of eleven dice, you show five successes. Spectacular! You also pass your Strength check. It will only get harder to hold your breath...

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 06:00 PM
HereticalDruid

Azarl continues to pry at the blast door, sensing that he is close to pulling the barrier open so he can access the armory and see what lies within.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 05:38 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Your straining shows this time. You gain three successes and the blast door starts to budge reluctantly, but you fail the Strength check by one, reducing your successes to two. Still, almost there...

Perhaps frustrated with the strain you experience, Azarl pulls out another five successes (reduced to four by failing a second Strength check by one) and the blast door suddenly snaps open enough to enter. The sudden change in available space for the water sucks you through the crack and into the door, dumping you into the armory wetly.

Success! Except now the armory is filling with water.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2016 08:34 AM