KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)

X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Salthasha
It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title.

Who Simon Kinberg?....he also co-wrote the first 'First Class' anyway

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 07:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Salthasha
It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title I have collected since 1975. so far Iron man 1 2 and the avengers are all very well done, note the studio, it is not fox or Sony. I will be glad when 20th century fox gets the hell out of the way and stops screwing up the X-Men.

First Class is one of the greatest superhero movies I've ever seen.

The only Marvel studios films which "might" be equal or superior are Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

And I don't personally believe just because Marvel studios is making a movie that it's going to be great. Iron man 2 was pretty disappointing.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 12:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
First Class is one of the greatest superhero movies I've ever seen.

The only Marvel studios films which "might" be equal or superior are Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

And I don't personally believe just because Marvel studios is making a movie that it's going to be great. Iron man 2 was pretty disappointing.

But First Class wasn't a Marvel Studio's movie, it was all Fox.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 12:56 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
But First Class wasn't a Marvel Studio's movie, it was all Fox.

That's my point. I'm not too bothered which studio does it, just as long as they make great superhero films.

I was responding to someone saying that only Marvel studios can do it right.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 12:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well if First Class is the start of good things to come out from Fox then keep them coming.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 01:01 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There's still that sequel to Wolverine Origins which I believe comes out next year, not that I'm looking forward to it.

way I hear it it's going to be a reboot for origins.

starts back in japan almost a 100 years ago.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 02:15 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by BlackZero30x
way I hear it it's going to be a reboot for origins.

Good idea, after how they handled the first attempt.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 02:23 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Jello
You could if you kept his original intended origin.

"Dave Cockrum and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50 [...] He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community? [...] So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mister Sinister, that was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."
-Chris Claremont quote from Wikipedia.

Hell, Apocalypse was originally supposed to be this guy-
(please log in to view the image)

The day Mr. Sinister gets into an X-Men movie, my bet is they will address him as Nathaniel Essex and no other title.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:30 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

That's my point. I'm not too bothered which studio does it, just as long as they make great superhero films.

I was responding to someone saying that only Marvel studios can do it right.

It has been a sticking point, how much the studio puts into it versus the careful control Marvel Studios has shown with their Avengers series. Even having a braintrust from Marvel Comics to consult. Other Marvel related films outside of Marvel Studios had been slagging off in quality for several years, right after Spider Man 2. First Class was a good showing by Fox that they still care and can make a good quality Marvel film again (if they didn't, they would be under pressure to let Marvel Studios have the rights back.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 08:34 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i fully expect Jennifer Lawremce to have a much bigger role in the sequel

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 10:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i fully expect Jennifer Lawremce to have a much bigger role in the sequel

Oh yeah definitely would be wise to help sell the movie after her success with Hunger Games.

But also Mystique always was Magnetos right hand in the Originals so makes sense anyway.

In First Class 2 she could act as the remaining bridge between Xavier and Eric.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 09:29 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Oh yeah definitely would be wise to help sell the movie after her success with Hunger Games.

But also Mystique always was Magnetos right hand in the Originals so makes sense anyway.

In First Class 2 she could act as the remaining bridge between Xavier and Eric.

agreed

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 06:42 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The First Class sequel is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-of-future-past

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 03:41 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's a terrible name for a movie.

Even if it does reference a ****ing awesome story arc.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 10:35 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Tzeentch._
That's a terrible name for a movie..

Not as much as Robot Jox.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 12:41 PM
Darth Thor

Awesome! With time travel it's possible to have Cyclops and Jean. I'm also thinking Cable might be in it.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 01:00 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Although I've given up on FoXMen.

This could be fun. I want Cable. Apocalypse. And Lotsa Sentinels.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 03:34 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Big O
The Original O

I am fully looking forward to this. I wonder if they actually do pull of time travel, how will they do it. *Commence geekasim*

In the mean time, I never DID see that anime where I unintentionally got my name from. Is it any good

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 05:50 PM
The Big O is currently offline Click here to Send The Big O a Private Message Find more posts by The Big O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

If done right, this can be successful

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2012 09:12 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by the ninjak
Although I've given up on FoXMen.

This could be fun. I want Cable. Apocalypse. And Lotsa Sentinels.

While it was downhill for awhile, how can you have given up on FoXMen after First Class?

And I agree. Maybe even Bishop too.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2012 12:05 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote