KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2012- ARCHIVAL RECORDS (Character Reference)

USH'S STAR WARS GAME 2012- ARCHIVAL RECORDS (Character Reference)
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Can Iffa change his mind please? I'd like Ward and Evasion instead please.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 08:29 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Gotta get Swiftness Mastered (Strike, Dash, Evade) before you can do those, Mithlond.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 11:00 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Ah! Strike and Dash it is then.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:13 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Might be a slight misunderstanding there, Mithy.

If you choose to buy a power, you basically buy it again to get access to the mini-powers. For example, in order to get Strike and Dash, you just buy Swiftness a second time. And you get all three of those abilities listed beneath it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2012 09:17 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed so.

Sorry, could anyone who changed what they said earlier and that change has not been done yet please put it in here? It's hard for me to keep track of such changes.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 10:30 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzy's change was Guns and Pilot both from 2 to 3 with the help of an additional 2xp from White Tower Retro game.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2012 10:34 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Right.

So I'll buy mastery in Swiftness, And mastery in Coordination?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:07 AM
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

I HAVE A CHARACTER.

BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS ONE COMING.

Name: Vic Tatlo

Species: Skakoan

Class: Revenant

Backstory: The very idea of a Skakoan Jedi, dark or not, is indeed a strange and unusual notion. This curiosity was not lost on the Jedi masters who saught him out as an infant when they felt the Force flowing through him like a powerful current. Taken into the Temple, he was to be raised as one of the Acolytes: powerful, sheltered channelers of the living Force itself. And, for the time he spent there, he learned well how to control his abilities. He showed great promise in his future. When he came of age he was sent out on his first mission alongside his Jedi master on what was supposedly meant to be an easy task. Settling a simple dispute between feuding organizations on a nearby Republic world, neither he nor his master expected hostilities towards them. Hailed as ambassadors, they were instead lead into a trap and attacked by both parties. Vic and his master managed to escape, and had to fight for their lives to get off the world alive. They escaped to their shuttle, where all seemed well as they headed back to report to the council.

However, on the flight back, Vic's master saw that his armored pressure suit had taken damage during all the unexpected fighting, and was failing. Vic panicked as he and his master attempted to delay the suit from completely shutting down, with limited results. Within hours, Nic could feel his body wracked with pain as he slowly depressurized, damaging his vital organs and crippling his body fatally. Despite their best efforts, Vic was pronounced dead on his arrival to Coruscant. Except, he wasn't. Vic's sheltered life gave him a naive, unknowing view of the galaxy. The idea of death, especially at his age, terrified him. He was told that Jedi who pass on go to be with the Force, but this did little for his temperment now that he was facing a most agonizing death himself. His desire to survive overcame any other thought he had; he abandoned all his discipline to focus on the sheer thought of staying ALIVE. And that was what brought him to the Dark Side.

Vic's willpower, combined with his strength in the Force, brought him back from the brink of death. He forced his lungs to take in air, he forced his body to stay together as it tried to tear apart, through the power of the Force alone, Vic defeated death. Sadly, his miraculous survival was not well received by his Jedi masters. They knew that this was only possible through the Dark Side of the Force, and in performing this perverse, unnatural act, Vic had fallen far and hard from the Light in record time. His mind was quickly becoming unstable, even as medical staff repaired and equipped his pressure suit with new parts, stabalizing his health. Despite their best efforts, they were too late. Vic had become twisted by the Dark Side. When the masters tried approaching him, Vic went into a fury, refusing to believe that his survival was an act of evil. He fled from the temple, barely escaping the Jedi, and from there he snuck aboard a mass transport ship and dissapeared into the galaxy.

Now, it has been over a decade since the darkest day of Vic's life. For him, his old life ended, and he was reborn as something horrible. Yet, he was still alive. Horrible or not, Vic will continue to live as he is, on the fringe of the galaxy, doing what he can to stay alive. He has modified and reinforced his suit, making him more of a cyborg than anything else. His extremeties were horribly crippled from his accident, and so he has learned to use the Force as a means to levitate to get around, opting for handicapped vehicles such as antigravity chairs only when it befits the situation. His arms have been surgically removed and replaced with machinery so that he may keep up with his bodily checkups, and so he may still use his lightsaber in times of need. More than anything else, though, Vic has continued to evolve his grasp of the Force around him, to make himself even stronger to survive. He will not let death come for him a second time.

STATS

Strength: 2 (+2)
Agility: 2 (+2)
Dexterity: 2 (-1)
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 2 (+3)
Charisma: 2 (+2)
Perception: 2 (+2)

Force Rating: 9
Force Attack: 8
Force Defence: 2

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 9 (total pool)

Intimidation: 5 (Fixed)

Jedi Lore: 3
Lying: 2
Languages: 1 (+1)
Medicine: 1 (+2)
Savoir-Faire: 1
Survival: 1
Observation: 0 (+2)

FORCE POWERS: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition; choose 13 others

Lifting
Lift Mastery
Precision
Precision Mastery
Swiftness
Swiftness Mastery
Coordination
Sense Mastery
Presense
Presense Mastery
Iron Will
Insight
Insight Mastery

BLADE SCHTICKS: 3
Orthodox Guard
Perfect Strike
Reflection

MERITS: 3
Lucky

Emotional Flow- The Revenant’s terrible inner self has twisted his mind and his actions- but given great power to his offensive use of the Force. The Revenant treats all Force Attack rolls as ‘Easy’ (successes are on a 4 or more).

Yep. An undead dark side Techno Union alien guy who gets around by floating in the air. AIN'T THAT COOL?

Last edited by Herr Rob on Feb 28th, 2012 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:08 AM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

This will be interesting...

I'll just point out that Push/Pull and Intuition need to be Mastered before you can Master any of the subsequent powers. Otherwise, looks good.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 07:21 AM
Peach
mordrem

Hovercripple!

And I knew I was pushing you to master those powers for a reason, I just couldn't remember why (and was too lazy to check) stick out tongue

Interesting doesn't even begin to cover it. Rand? You've got some competition here, and this is gonna be fun.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 03:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Just a shame he is on the bad side lol

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:10 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by REXXXX
This will be interesting...

I'll just point out that Push/Pull and Intuition need to be Mastered before you can Master any of the subsequent powers. Otherwise, looks good.

Alright, I'll get to that. I'll have to reallocate some abilities but no biggie.

Minor edit: Reviewing the Force Abilities, it never outright mentions that you need to Master Push/Pull or Intuition need to be mastered before you can master their derived abilities. Not using this to excuse my character, just saying this should be brought up :P

Last edited by Herr Rob on Feb 28th, 2012 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:26 PM
Herr Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Maybe drop Insight mastery and Coordination for them?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Herr Rob
Alright, I'll get to that. I'll have to reallocate some abilities but no biggie.

Minor edit: Reviewing the Force Abilities, it never outright mentions that you need to Master Push/Pull or Intuition need to be mastered before you can master their derived abilities. Not using this to excuse my character, just saying this should be brought up :P

Clearly stated in the rules as originally posted:

"You may only Master a Force power if you have also Mastered the pre-requisites for that Force power."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

Here's the edited profile. Traded out Coordination and Iron Will for Push/Pull Mastery and Insight Mastery. Guess I can't have all my fancy Force powers up and front after all... but IN DUE TIME... :P

Name: Vic Tatlo

Species: Skakoan

Class: Revenant

STATS

Strength: 2 (+2)
Agility: 2 (+2)
Dexterity: 2 (-1)
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 2 (+3)
Charisma: 2 (+2)
Perception: 2 (+2)

Force Rating: 9
Force Attack: 8
Force Defence: 2

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 9 (total pool)

Intimidation: 5 (Fixed)

Jedi Lore: 3
Lying: 2
Languages: 1 (+1)
Medicine: 1 (+2)
Savoir-Faire: 1
Survival: 1
Observation: 0 (+2)

FORCE POWERS: Push/Pull, Sense, Intuition; choose 13 others

Push/Pull Mastery
Lifting
Lift Mastery
Precision
Precision Mastery
Swiftness
Swiftness Mastery
Sense Mastery
Presense
Presense Mastery
Intuition Mastery
Insight
Insight Mastery

BLADE SCHTICKS: 3
Orthodox Guard
Perfect Strike
Reflection

MERITS: 3
Lucky

Emotional Flow- The Revenant’s terrible inner self has twisted his mind and his actions- but given great power to his offensive use of the Force. The Revenant treats all Force Attack rolls as ‘Easy’ (successes are on a 4 or more).

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This is never a big deal, but there's a slight logical disconnect in the backstory related to escaping the Jedi. A certain amount of Jedi competence is assumed, and it does seem unlikely that you'd be able to escape from Coruscant when the Jedi knew you were a psychological issue and you were in a crippled state.

It generally works better if Revenants died in the middle of nowhere (or something conceptually similar) and were considered a write-off. The nature of their survival is often the least important part and can be left vague if wanted.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:49 PM
Herr Rob
I Am Spartacus.

Originally posted by Ushgarak
This is never a big deal, but there's a slight logical disconnect in the backstory related to escaping the Jedi. A certain amount of Jedi competence is assumed, and it does seem unlikely that you'd be able to escape from Coruscant when the Jedi knew you were a psychological issue and you were in a crippled state.

It generally works better if Revenants died in the middle of nowhere (or something conceptually similar) and were considered a write-off. The nature of their survival is often the least important part and can be left vague if wanted.

Hmmm. You make a good point. I could say there wasn't many Jedi around when he escaped (perhaps just his Master?), or he didn't "die" until he was hospitalized.

Or he died on the planet his mission took place on and resurrected there. The tricky part is he needs access to some sort of medical equipment to repair his not-dying machine XD

Any suggestions, anyone?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 04:57 PM
Peach
mordrem

He "died" on the planet his mission took place on, and was able to use the Force to stay alive long enough to get somewhere he'd be able to repair his stuff?

We've actually had that happen in the Darkie game!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That last bit about equipment- define it by all means, but you'll be surprised what you can get away with there. If the answer to 'how did the Revenant survive?' is 'No-one knows', then that's fine, and so long as it was nothing absurd, like ground zero of a nuke or thrown into a star, the style will work.

You could even not have the suit any more.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:01 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Ush, have you seen a Skakoan without a pressure suit? They're terrifying.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2012 05:04 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote