KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » What has been your personal experience with Star Wars?

What has been your personal experience with Star Wars?
Started by: Charlie512

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

Yes I can see why folk would think that. but when you rewatch, you'll see that it pointed out was advantageous to train Jedi from an early age in both PT and OT. (Remember Yoda protesting saying that Luke was too old to begin the training?) So yeah I think you were more on-the-money with the 'son-of-the-chosen-one' thing.

The impression I had was the training from the early age was just to ensure that all fear, attachments and insecurities that may lead to the dark side was eliminated/controlled from a young age. I dnt remember them referring to any specific advantages of training more quickly if starting at a young age.

As for the "son of the chosen one thing" yes that must have played a huge part in his fast jedi training, but it only goes so far when we know the "chosen one" himself still took 10-11 years to complete his Jedi training.

So I do think starting to train as an adult (and probably taking his training a lot more seriously than whiny daddy) had a lot to do with his crash course to Jedi Knighthood.

After all who'se going to learn to drive faster: a 10 year old or a 20 year old??

Btw good points about Yoda and Palpatine both seeing the Light and Dark as Black & White, one or the other, with no in between.

Although that may be true for most Jedi/Sith. It might only be something the chosen one could break.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 10:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And only Luke could. wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 12:05 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlie512

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
They either stopped using clones on the whole, or used a different less effective template after the demise of Jango Fett.
(This would be supported by the accents being different from PT to OT, and the different skill levels....that guy who bumps his head in ANH is likely still a Jango clone or a clone of a clone of Jango.) The accelerated aging that was part of the clones' development process also didn't scream 'long life' for each clone, either.
In their defense they did kill a whole bunch of those teddy bears, just as the TF droids did with the Gungans in TPM.

Luke was midichloreaned up to the nines though.
And all he ultimately had to do to bring Anakin into bringing balance was get to that throne room, hold his own against his mechanical, slow father then start getting murdered by the Emporer... Anakin would take care of the rest.

Actually, its more 3 and a half years.
(ANH year zero, ESB +3 years, ROTJ +6 months)
I guess his blood/midichlorean count was high = Rapid progress..
Also being trained is one thing, spending time actualising what you have learned is another..and Luke will have done that between ESB and ROTJ.
Leia logically would develop quickly too, and we see little glimpses of that in the last two movies.

When did they kill a bunch of the teddy bears? I don't remember it in the movie. I just remember the Stormtroopers going down like flies. And yet these were the 'best of the best'. What a joke.

No matter how many Midis Luke had he couldn't have had more than his father who was the chosen one. Anakin didn't even progress that fast under formal Jedi training after 10 years and Luke now after 3 and a half is so powerful - doesn't make sense. And yes I could understand Luke being trained by Yoda and taking his training more seriously but if you notice in ESB he fails pretty much every test Yoda puts in front of him, its not like he was blowing past all boundaries, he was very limited by his mind and his lack of training.

P.S. I actually started a thread in the OT sections about this very thing if you guys want to check it out.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Kinda sad that the PT makes Luke's training so feeble. And it's the only training we actually see in the entire saga.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2012 08:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote