KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Any thoughts? Hints? or Ideas

Any thoughts? Hints? or Ideas
Started by: TrixStar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrixStar
I see you

Any thoughts? Hints? or Ideas

As to what will be left out of the movie ROTK that was in the book? Seeing as they left so much out of the first 2 (which of course they had to) what do you think will be left out of the 3rd movie.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 05:41 AM
TrixStar is currently offline Click here to Send TrixStar a Private Message Find more posts by TrixStar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Actually, not too much was left from FOTR. TTT has been the most altered so far.

Doubtless Shelob will be pushed into the beginning of ROTK. Hmm...it's hard to think about what would be removed.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 07:23 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrixStar
I see you

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Actually, not too much was left from FOTR. TTT has been the most altered so far.

Except pretty much the whole journey through the Old forrest with Tom Bombadil. The place where all 4 were caught and Frodo cut the hand off that walking arm cant remember what that place was. That was a pretty big part of the book

Old Post Mar 30th, 2003 10:11 AM
TrixStar is currently offline Click here to Send TrixStar a Private Message Find more posts by TrixStar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You mean the Barrow-downs and the Barrow-wights, creatures from Angmar? I didn't see that as too big a part in the book...probably because it was boring.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 12:36 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Creatures from Angmar? I do not think so, sir...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 12:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Oops, my bad...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2003 03:36 AM
turin

actually they were from angmar, now i am quoting from the encyclopedia of arda, "Evil spirits sent to dwell in the Barrow-downs by the Witch-king of Angmar during his wars with the remnant of Arnor, and who remained there long after the realm of Angmar itself had vanished from the world."

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:22 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The evil that made the Barrow Downs what it was, was very Angmar in orign, of course. But what was inside those Barrows was very local indeed. Unless you think Angmar provided the weaponry from Cardolan as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 2nd, 2003 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2003 11:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

It'll be long:-)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 04:46 AM
Julie is currently offline Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, thanks Julie, best keep this one on-topic.

I think the biggest difference will be just like with TTT- the film will be chronological, instead of two storylines at the same time but told one after the other. But ROTK actually has far less story to tell- hence Shelob being moved into it- so less to be cut out.

The biggest casuality will be the scouring of the Shire; that whole segment will not be there.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 12:14 PM
turin

ya that is a shame on the scoring of the shire, but condsidering flow of the film i think it would kind of anitclimatic to have it in the film, after all the films are about destroying the ring and the evil powers, whereas the books are about not only that but the evolution of the 4 hobbits (plus many other subjects).

back to the barrow downs. your are completely correct Ush. they were tombs of the old kings of that region, hence all the weaponry and such, but the tombs where inhabited by evil spirits from angmar.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 05:49 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ash Nazg

I just hope tha PJ hasnt messed around with it too much from the book

agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2003 08:36 PM
Ash Nazg is currently offline Click here to Send Ash Nazg a Private Message Find more posts by Ash Nazg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, Saruman is going to die on his own machinery when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Grima slits his throat and pushes him out a window. Thus, the pic of Saruman being impaled.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2003 05:54 AM
TrixStar
I see you

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, Saruman is going to die on his own machinery when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Grima slits his throat and pushes him out a window. Thus, the pic of Saruman being impaled.

some have said this was set up by PJ b/c so many people were snooping around the set. confused

Old Post Apr 5th, 2003 10:12 AM
REXXXX
Networking

True, though I have seen a pic of Grima with a knife in or on top of Orthanc, and he's gotta "I'm gonna kill that *****!" look on his face.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2003 04:19 AM
Member.

i thought one of the hobbits kiled him?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2003 11:23 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope

BtVS

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 09:14 PM
Member.

crap, gotta re-read.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 11:19 PM
Member. is currently offline Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The hobbits killed Grima after he killed Saruman, by shooting him with several arrows.

The details are very sketchy, but it might happen that Eowyn kills Grima. Like I said, it isn't entirely true...

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 04:33 AM