KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Who is the Phantom menace?

Who is the Phantom menace?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Space Opera

Darth Maul seemed pretty Phantom-y.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 09:54 AM
Click here to Send Space Opera a Private Message Find more posts by Space Opera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VHSex1138

Clearly Darth Sidious, if you look at it as a "villain makes the plot" sort of archetype.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2012 09:27 PM
Click here to Send VHSex1138 a Private Message Find more posts by VHSex1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Qui-Gon.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2012 02:32 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Qui-Gon.

laughing

Who the Phantom Menace is?

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2012 01:02 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Bingo.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2012 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

The greatest line from TPM:

"They must be dead by now. Destroy what's left of them."

laughing laughing laughing

BlackZero30x created this a-'Maize'-ing signature! =)

Old Post Dec 31st, 2012 06:10 AM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Nope, Jorge is the phantom menace... that much is clear.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2013 01:49 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by -kV-
laughing

Who the Phantom Menace is?

That guy's commentaries are just horrible. Every single point he makes is wrong and/or forced. Just atrocious in construction. I can't believe those vids got so many views.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 04:58 AM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by dadudemon
Every single point he makes is wrong
erm

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 05:18 AM
queeq
Chaos

That guy's commentaries are just horrible. Every single point he makes is wrong and/or forced. Just atrocious in construction. I can't believe those vids got so many views.

I don't agree with you. He makes a lot of sense.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 05:22 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

erm

Originally posted by queeq
I don't agree with you. He makes a lot of sense.

If course you two don't like what I have to say because I loved the PT and you two didn't. no expression Obviously, you will agree with his fail. Most people would not disagree with opinions that coincide with their own. That would be weird if you did.

To be more on topic, I once considered making a massive youtube reply to all of his videos to point out why he's such an insufferable idiot and baby. That video posted in this thread has so much wrong with it that I literally could not agree with a single point of his and I can point out why he's such a fail idiot on all his points. He did not make a single legitimate point in his video. That is how forced most of his stuff really is.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2013 11:51 PM
Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
focus4chumps
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah. their opinions don't count since they differ from your opinion. maybe you should type lots of stuff now.

"Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage."

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=denton+van+zan+vs

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 03:01 AM
Click here to Send focus4chumps a Private Message Find more posts by focus4chumps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

If course you two don't like what I have to say because I loved the PT and you two didn't. no expression Obviously, you will agree with his fail. Most people would not disagree with opinions that coincide with their own. That would be weird if you did.

To be more on topic, I once considered making a massive youtube reply to all of his videos to point out why he's such an insufferable idiot and baby. That video posted in this thread has so much wrong with it that I literally could not agree with a single point of his and I can point out why he's such a fail idiot on all his points. He did not make a single legitimate point in his video. That is how forced most of his stuff really is.
Holy shit... are you the guy who wrote the 108 page counter-essay?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 03:35 AM
dadudemon

Holy shit... are you the guy who wrote the 108 page counter-essay?

I did not.

If I wrote the counter reply to his videos, it would probably take closer to 300 pages. no expression

Almost every point he makes would require 1 paragraph, at least, to reply.

But where is this counter essay? I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I took off of school this semester so I will have a lot more time on my hands...a LOT more. I could add to his or use it as a base if I decide to make a youtube video reply.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 09:09 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

It was on Megaupload, so... here's the article about it.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2013 05:10 PM
queeq
Chaos

Actually, this is what is wrong about it: some people take SW too seriously. A lot of fans were disappointed, others were not. I think Stoklasa/Plinkett voiced the disappointment of a lot of fans very well. And it's quite clear where he comes from: he considers SW a simple movie, with simple constructions and clear cut characters. Like they were in the OT.
I guess in the PT Lucas tried something else, maybe he tried to elevate the material, I dunno. Personally I think he failed big time, basically for all the reason Stoklasa pointed out.

And yet, Stoklasa doesn't go out and rant. No he makes a simple video satire about an old man who kills people in his basement and makes comments, not without a lack of tongue-in-cheek, that are from a storytelling point of view quite valid.

But of course, you don't have to agree with him. But as avid PT-defenders point out that a lot of people went to see the PT and a lot of people love the PT, the same argument goes for Plinkett's adventures: a lot of people watched it and a lot of people agreed with him.

I think he did great: he made his issues with SW into a form of popular entertainment. And it's like with the PT: you don't HAVE to like it.

But there is one thing you gotta admit about the PT: you certainly need a lot of background from interviews and EU to fully understand what Lucas was trying to do. The problem is that a lot is not IN the movies or it is so subtle that is really passes by a lot of people. It is certainly flawed storywise, and I do believe blind fandom kinda masks these flaws. And that is fine, but I was disappointed and still am. And WHY I am disappointed, well... watch Plinkett's reviews. He voices my feelings and opinions very well. AND... in an entertaining way. At least as important.

BTW... I hear the 100 page rebuttal isn't great literature either, just a guy ranting because someone didn't like his favorite movie. Well...

Last edited by queeq on Jan 15th, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 08:30 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lord Sidious.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 11:17 AM
Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by queeq
Actually, this is what is wrong about it: some people take SW too seriously. A lot of fans were disappointed, others were not. I think Stoklasa/Plinkett voiced the disappointment of a lot of fans very well. And it's quite clear where he comes from: he considers SW a simple movie, with simple constructions and clear cut characters. Like they were in the OT.
I guess in the PT Lucas tried something else, maybe he tried to elevate the material, I dunno. Personally I think he failed big time, basically for all the reason Stoklasa pointed out.

And yet, Stoklasa doesn't go out and rant. No he makes a simple video satire about an old man who kills people in his basement and makes comments, not without a lack of tongue-in-cheek, that are from a storytelling point of view quite valid.

But of course, you don't have to agree with him. But as avid PT-defenders point out that a lot of people went to see the PT and a lot of people love the PT, the same argument goes for Plinkett's adventures: a lot of people watched it and a lot of people agreed with him.

I think he did great: he made his issues with SW into a form of popular entertainment. And it's like with the PT: you don't HAVE to like it.

But there is one thing you gotta admit about the PT: you certainly need a lot of background from interviews and EU to fully understand what Lucas was trying to do. The problem is that a lot is not IN the movies or it is so subtle that is really passes by a lot of people. It is certainly flawed storywise, and I do believe blind fandom kinda masks these flaws. And that is fine, but I was disappointed and still am. And WHY I am disappointed, well... watch Plinkett's reviews. He voices my feelings and opinions very well. AND... in an entertaining way. At least as important.

BTW... I hear the 100 page rebuttal isn't great literature either, just a guy ranting because someone didn't like his favorite movie. Well...
Well said.

And it's not great; I read the first two pages when it came out and had to stop. The guy seemed to really take the reviews personally. He probably invested himself in the prequels to such an extent that he couldn't stand it when they were deconstructed.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2013 07:30 PM
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

My rebuttal is 109 pages. Got him beat by 1 page just cause I had to.

Nah, I'm kidding. I will admit that I think some, not all, but some of Stoklasa's points are just way too nitpicky, and some of the points are really valid. At the end of the day, the character he plays for the review is hilarious, and it's hard not to be somewhat entertained by it, even if one doesn't necessarily agree with everything he says.

I mean in one of his Star Trek reviews, he's complaining because Picard enters the bridge of the Enterprise from the left side instead of the right. Things like that are what I'm talking about. He even ripped "First Contact" apart and I think that was by far one of the better Star Trek movies. Just my opinion though.

He makes many valid points, and some that are too nitpicky in my opinion, but like I said, he's funny and entertaining.

I like George.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 04:52 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nitpicking is part of the whiny Plinkett character though, part of the entertainment. If you watch the Half-in-the-Bag reviews, you see the other side of Stoklasa the Reviewer.

I also liked the Plinkett ambiguity in his very recent Titanic review: "the best and worst film ever made"... clever and valid on both counts.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2013 08:58 AM