KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

sorry, it's been busy on my side.

I'm going to check out some planets to see on which planet he could be senator. I want someone with connections stick out tongue

But I don't want Naboo since that would be overkill... I'm more thinking of Bothanui but those Bothans aren't considered playing nice I believe?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:57 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The Bothans are out-and-out good guys (and eventually join the Rebellion) but they are known for playing dirty to get what they want. Not necessarily a bad thing in the current political atmosphere. Things are steadily becoming a little tense.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

yeah, but I don't know if I want to be associated with people who play dirty... could indeed come in handy though

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 12:04 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hard not to be, these days. The Senate is rife with corruption. At least the Bothans are fundamentally good-natured, unlike, say, the Neimoidians.

In any case, your Senatorial contact- most likely an aide to the Bothan Senator- will be blunt with you and say that he dislikes the Mantooinians.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 01:55 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena is ready to meet with the Council whenever they're ready to see us. I think we've done as much research as we're going to get without actually meeting them.

"Try seeing what the last war was fought over," Jelena says to Jovan, regarding his Senatorial contact.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 03:49 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll relay that question, recent history should be well understood if we want to solve this conflict

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 06:26 PM
Brit
Duchess

Glad you agree! I feel like this will be along the same lines.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 03:37 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The last war between the Festans and the Mantooinians was, as usual, over resources. The Festans were trying to establish a trade route to help develop their economic potential. The Mantooinians responded with a blockade, claiming that the trade route was already established.

Trorn, the wise old representative of the Council, informs you that the Council is ready to see you.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 08:33 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I think we are ready with prepping?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 08:58 AM
REXXXX
Networking

If anything else comes to mind, feel free to ask- you haven't left Coruscant yet.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 09:13 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

thanks, you're giving me the feeling I'm forgetting something terribly important stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 02:43 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Not at all!

The Council is not in full attendance when you enter their chamber. About half of them are present, led by Master Windu. He has rested his chin on his hands when you enter, musing about something. The other Councilmembers simply watch you enter without a word.

Trorn closes the doors behind you.

"Welcome, Jovan, Jelena," Master Windu speaks. "I believe Trorn has informed you that you are being brought in to resolve a dispute between Fest and Mantooine. And I presume that you have been doing your research. You are both studious Knights and I would be surprised if you had not."

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 01:24 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll bow to Windu.

"We have tried our best to understand the situation but I am unsure we have covered all of the aspects, master."

(I'll wait for Jelena to say something, otherwise I would have asked if he could inform us what's going on)

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 07:45 AM
Brit
Duchess

"Even so, our research was very thorough," Jelena says. "I believe I will be able to speak the honorable language of the Mantooinians, should the necessity arise. Or at least be able to translate it.

"And, of course, the history of the conflict. What new developments are there?"

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 07:15 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Currently both factions are meeting to seek some sort of peaceable solution to their problems," Master Windu explains. "As well as a lasting one.

"I am sure you are aware that the primary factor in these conflicts are over resources. The harvesting of, the shipping of, the use of, by either side, has at some point triggered a clash between the Festans and the Mantooinians."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 11:29 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Yes, we learned as much," Jelena says. "What has prompted the currently conflict?"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2012 07:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"The dispute is regarding a shipping lane used by the Festans to move their resources into the inner worlds of the Republic," Windu says. "The Mantooinians are laying claim to the route using old documents."

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 08:31 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll mentally check up on the info I got from the last war, since it seems to be the same thing.

"Excuse me master, it would seem this is related to the last war. Are they claiming the same route again?"
(how did that last war actually end?)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2012 08:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The last war ended in a battle in which the losses were equal. It was a draw.

"A good deduction, Jovan," Master Windu says. "Yes, they are attempting to claim the same route."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 11:05 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

(*proud*)

I'm not going to say this out loud:

are they openly planning for war or something? They know how this will end!

"Master, they must understand that this will lead to war. Would it be frank to think the council wants us to mediate the situation?"

(or am I wrong and can a commission still do something?)

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 11:17 AM