KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Brit
Duchess

"I assume that we are being sent to mediate indeed," Jelena says. "It is a sensitive matter and it will obviously lead to conflict yet again unless something is done to keep the tempers and pride of both sides under control."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 01:05 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Mediation is indeed part of your assignment," Master Windu says. "The Council wants to ensure that this conflict between the Festans and the Mantooinians comes to a close. We also want to see a more complete solution implemented, if possible.

"Unfortunately, it is not the only reason you are being sent."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 07:57 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

darn, I read that as "meditation" and I was like "what the ****?" big grin

I"ll tilt my head as I'm curious about the other reason... I could have guessed the first part and the hope for a lasting treaty... but what now?

"Of course, Master Windu though I must admit I am curious about the second reason."

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 06:18 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We are concerned about the intentions of the corporate entity that has brought both sides to negotiations, this time," Master Windu says. "Normally the Festans and Mantooinians will declare some sort of truce after a pointless, bloody skirmish, or at least a cease fire. This time, a third party has entered the fray."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 07:11 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

have I seen something in my research that indicates a possible third party?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 11:10 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The only other group that participates in these conflicts is the Senate when they try to make a solution.

"The Trade Federation has volunteered to assist the Festans and the Mantooinians in reaching a solution," Master Windu says.

(Mind you, this is before The Phantom Menace)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:21 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

(what's their reputation?)

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 08:51 AM
REXXXX
Networking

They a corporate entity that controls an immense number of shipping lanes and contracts, both legally and militarily. They haven't been involved in many scandals due to keen business savvy, but they are considered to be a shady group.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 12:43 AM
alisonw99

There is a call of "Aye" all around the table. All of the men are dressed in curiously well-designed blast armor, and armed just as well.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 05:58 AM
alisonw99 is currently offline Click here to Send alisonw99 a Private Message Find more posts by alisonw99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena frowns.

"How does the Federation's involvement affect the situation?" Jelena asks. "Why does it concern the Council that they are assisting with negotiations?"

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 08:37 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"We are concerned about the Federation's motives," Master Windu says simply. "This is the first time that a body other than the Senate has tried to resolve the conflict. And, from past experiences, it is clear to us that the Federation is motivated by one thing."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 03:44 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"I understand master. I am afraid their objectives will only further complicate matters."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 08:12 PM
Brit
Duchess

"What is that one thing?" Jelena asks.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 10:38 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Money," Master Windu says, simply.

"We want to know exactly what they intend to do in this situation," he continues. "You will go under the mandate that you are observing the negotiations. Thankfully, we have an in- the Festan Miners Union has called for assistance from the Jedi Order. Normally, they have no say in the matter. The Fest Corporation controls the planet in totality. They hope that bringing the Jedi to assist the matter will change things.

"But please keep in mind that we are not sending you to Fest to overthrow the current establishment. You are going to observe, and discover what the Federation is doing getting involved in the situation."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 12:31 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'm not good at home with jedi orders and anakin "adapting" them isn't helpful

so we go just to sit there, watch and stay silent or are there "red flags" after which we can act and mediate?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 09:47 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The Council is anticipating trouble in the negotiations. Given the violent relations between Fest and Mantooine, they also request that you use your status as peacekeepers. You are authorized to use force if necessary to prevent wider conflict.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 09:54 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

ok, so we are passive until we see someone getting screwed over or, of course, if attempts to kill are made?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 05:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Precisely. Though Windu does say that you should not expect such. Just be prepared.

If there is nothing else that you wish to address with the Council, they say you can depart for Fest whenever you are ready. Fest is hosting the negotiations in their capital city.

Old Post May 1st, 2012 11:07 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I'll look at my companion, I can't think of something immediately...

Old Post May 2nd, 2012 02:17 PM
Brit
Duchess

"I believe we have everything we need, esteemed Council," Jelena says. "We will depart as soon as my ship is refueled. I will fly us to Fest and we will make an assessment of the political atmosphere. If anything is amiss, you will be informed and we will handle it from there."

Jelena offers a stiff bow of respect to the Council, then turns to leave with Jovan.

"I hope you don't mind riding in my fighter," Jelena says. "You may find it a little cramped but it will get us there."

Old Post May 3rd, 2012 06:24 PM