KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Jelena answers the call from the Festans!

"Who's this flying in?" asks a surly voice. "Give your name and purpose!"

-

"The Jedi?" Silas responds. "Why were the Jedi summoned to Fest? This does not concern the Order. This situation is under control."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2012 11:51 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Can I understand your first post on page 3 as that the Jedi Council is the one who "ordered" the mission on their own (instead of for instance the senate ordering it)?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2012 09:32 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, the Council sent you as their representatives.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 10:46 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

so they are responsible for sending us? It didn't come from the senate or something?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 12:26 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

"This is Jelena Bendu, Jedi Knight, coming as a representative of the Jedi Order," Jelena says. "We come as observers for the negotiations!"

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jun 14th, 2012 11:39 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No, the Senate did not mandate this.

"Jedi?!" says the Festan. "I didn't know the Jedi were going to join the negotiations. Why weren't we informed?"

Jelena, your radar starts to blink. Starfighters closing in fast!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 04:20 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Urgh, good going.

"We respectfully ask to halt your star fighters so we can discuss this without additional pressures which might envoke hasty decisions. Perhaps a talk face-to-face would be suitable?"

Old Post Jun 15th, 2012 09:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"We have not launched fighters," says Silas. "How dare you presume that us Mantooinians would open fire on the Jedi!"

Indeed, they are reading as vulture droids- the Federation's fighters.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 01:56 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

I signal to Jelena to focus on steering.

"Indeed it was hasty of me to presume the fighters were yours. Please understand we have to contact the Trade Federation to ask them to retreat their fighters or our meeting will never take place."

I'll wait till he agrees and immediately call up the federation.

"This is Jedi Knight Jovan Wiecko with fellow Jedi Knight Jelena,
We respectfully ask you to halt your star fighters. We come in peace to assist in the negotiations."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2012 07:05 AM
Brit
Duchess

"I'm not sure, I would've thought the Order would have called ahead to inform you," Jelena says. "I do apologize. May we be cleared for landing by the Festan fleet?"

Jelena puts power into the shield and prepares to take evasive action unless Jovan is able to get to the Federation in time.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 03:17 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"You must obtain our clearance before you can advance to the planet," the Mantooinian officer states. "Do not dare to place me on hold! If you pass our strike team without clearance codes, we have probable cause to detain your vessel."

Jovan- he's a difficult one...

-

"That depends," says the Festan officer. "Are you just here to observe or is there more than I need to know?"

Jelena- the fighters will be upon you shortly! Those things are fast.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 11:17 PM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena makes sure the shields are powered and will take evasive action!

"Hurry up," Jelena says with some urgency to Jovan, but politely.

"We are concerned about the current political climate on Fest, and the involvement of a third party in the negotiations. We are here to confirm that all is well. That is all. Do we have clearance?"

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 01:27 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Perhaps we should get clearance from one of them, hug their fighters while talking to the Federation?

"Would it be possible for you to clear our vessel? We come in peace."

(not sure what to say here)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 06:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Jovan- not a bad suggestion

The Mantooinian wants to know why you should be granted clearance, and why you are observing the proceedings.

Jelena- the Festan's answer is drowned out by the sound of your ship's shields whining as the first volley of laser fire scratches past. The vulture droids have opened fire and are swarming around your vessel.

-

Sunlit Dancer (P7/T3/M5): 60 [RH]

Vulture Droids (P4/T6/M6) x12: 1

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 07:36 PM
Brit
Duchess

Ahh! Jelena will take evasive action, twirling the ship into a hard spin to throw off any target locks the droids make. She won't pass the Mantooinian ships until Jovan has gotten clearance from them.

"Can you repeat?" Jelena asks the Festans.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2012 11:38 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"It is obvious it is a tense situation here, otherwise the Trade Federation wouldn't be shooting at us for just trying to land here. As Jedi we can remediate and cool things down making it easier for you to be heard."

(and now shut up, let us pass and let me talk to those trigger happy noseless idiots! stick out tongue)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 09:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The Festan repeats that you are cleared for landing, Jelena.

You attempt your twirling maneuver as you bomb past the Mantooinian cruisers and toward the Federation freighters, the droid fighters close on your tail. Lasers ping and pop across your shields at a blistering rate. Being much faster than yourself and slightly more maneuverable, they have a hefty edge. You take 20 damage as a bolt goes through one of your ship's wings! The ship shakes horribly.

The line to the Mantooinians is quiet...

-

Sunlit Dancer (P7/T3/M5): 40 [RH]

Last edited by REXXXX on Jun 28th, 2012 at 05:22 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 05:18 AM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena sends her thanks to the Festans and immediately cuts contact with them, so she can call the Trade Federation and explain their situation!

She tries to evade the droids again as she closes on the Federation cruiser, hoping to keep a clear signal.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2012 04:40 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You get through to the Federation! A Neimoidian in flowing purple robes and wearing an odd trader's hat answers your hail.

"Who dares try to run the blockade that the Federation has put in place?"

You roll much better this time, Jelena- last turn you scored no success, this turn you manage three! It acts as parry as you weave around the incoming cannon fire. You only take 8 damage.

Still, alarms are blaring. You haven't subjected your elegant ship to this sort of engagement in some time!

-

Sunlit Dancer (P7/T3/M5): 32 [RH]

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 07:40 AM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

"My Mantooinian friends, are you still there?" I'll ask but if they don't respond right away, I'll take over the line to the Federation.

"This is Jedi Knight Jovan Wiecko and my fellow Knight Jelena Bendu. We come in peace eventhough we are now fired upon by you. We come to observe the negotiations. Please halt the fighting immediately so we can discuss this in more length and without pressure from your Vulture droids."

(is this set BEFORE TPM?)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2012 01:46 PM