KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Diplomacy
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

well, at least they can do this together.

I kinda forgot senators would be in on this too, I hope they don't grill us on being present and thus not trusting their ways of working...

I'll also say a simply greeting and make a bow to them.
I'll make sure my lightsabre isn't overtly in sight, don't want them to get tense already...

Do we own a droid or something? (just checking)

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2012 09:44 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Not that I'm aware of.

In the midst of all these guards and attendants are four figures who, being the studious and diplomatic Jedi you are, are pretty easily identified. Jovan is correct about the Senators being present.

Senator Lott Dod is the representative of the Neimoidians and the Trade Federation. His palid green skin and buggy orange eyes and odd merchant's hat and expensive robes make it pretty obvious who he is.

Senator Vimus Nide-Fals is identified by his smart maroon business suit and the decorative piece on his lapel that displays the Mantooinian government's crest. He is a younger man with slick dark hair.

Senator Lobs is a thinner man. His gray suit is not as snappy as Senator Nide-Fals'. It is shabby and well-worn. Lobs himself has a pencil-thin mustache that is going the same shade of gray as his suit, as is his hair. He looks tired.

A fourth man stands beside Senator Lobs. You're not sure who he is. He is a stocky, barrel-chested gentleman with a thick mustache.

"To what do we owe the honor of this visit by Jedi Knights?" asks Senator Vimus, smiling widely with perfect teeth. "It has been some time since I have made the acquaintance of a Jedi, let alone two."

The others remain quiet.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 02:43 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena acknowledges the Senators with a subtle curtsy.

"Greeting, Senators," she says. "I trust you have heard from your respective starfleets at this time. I am Jedi Knight Jelena Bendu. This is my associate, Jedi Knight Jovan Wiecko."

She waves a hand in Jovan's direction to indicate him.

"We have been sent by the Jedi Order to observe the negotiations."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 04:49 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I see," Senator Vimus says. He looks at the other Senators, then back at you. "Do you not find it awfully bold of the Order to send its agents without informing the parties you are meant to observe?"

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 05:04 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena frowns.

"I am actually quite concerned about that," Jelena says. "After the greeting we received in the planet's orbit, I am now under the impression that the Order did not inform you at all."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 05:29 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Not one of us was notified by your Council," Senator Lott Dod snarls.

Senator Lobs just nods in confirmation.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 05:36 PM
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

why are they shooting the messengers?

Do we have the right to be present at negotiations when and where we please or is our jurisdiction only there where the council/senate says we can go to?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2012 08:19 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Is that inner monologue or a question posed to the Senators?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2012 10:26 PM
Brit
Duchess

"I find that particularly odd," Jelena says. "It is not the practice of the Order to spring unwanted observers upon Senatorial representatives. We did not mean to alarm you with our arrival. I am as surprised as you are to hear that no warning was given."

Jelena wraps her robes tightly around her again.

"That being said... do you have any reason to turn us away? Because I am frightfully cold and did not bring weather-appropriate robes."

Last edited by Brit on Jul 12th, 2012 at 03:22 AM

Old Post Jul 12th, 2012 03:17 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"The Jedi are ever guests of Fest," Senator Lobs says tiredly. "If the other Senators will permit it, I have no qualms with the Order. Despite the strange nature of your arrival."

"I am suspicious of your intentions here, Jedi," Senator Dod voices.

"As am I," Senator Vimus states. "But we are the guests of the Festans as it is. If the Festans will allow it, then so shall I."

Senator Dod frowns. "Fine. Let them in, then." Dod snaps his fingers and walks back through the door, and his battle droids follow.

"I trust you will pose no threat to the negotiations?" Senator Vimus asks.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2012 08:37 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Certainly not," Jelena says. "I am ever the diplomat and never the intruder. The Order wishes for us to simply observe and ensure that all goes smoothly."

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 12:02 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"It will go as it goes," Senator Vimus says. "The Order need not ensure anything at this time. If anything happens and I can lay the blame at your feet, I will have you expelled from this world entirely. Is that clear?"

Old Post Jul 15th, 2012 12:27 AM
Brit
Duchess

"Perfectly so," Jelena responds. "Rest assured, we do not mean to interrupt proceedings."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2012 06:20 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Senator Vimus gives a curt nod in response and follows Senator Dod out of the hangar, his Mantooinian guards following after.

"Strange times we live in, when Knights come unannounced," Senator Lobs says to you. "But as I say... Fest welcomes you. I will arrange for lodgings and warm clothing and food for you. You are our guests."

The stalwart man beside him clears his throat.

"Oh, yes," Senator Lobs sighs. "This man is Hardrew..."

The man beams and offers one of his large hands, at the end of a particularly beefy arm.

"Spokesman for the miners' union," Hardrew explains. "I think we should get a say in all this."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2012 08:26 AM
Brit
Duchess

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance," Jelena says. She does not offer her hand. She gives a simple bow to Hardrew. "I apologize, but I am quite cold."

She turns to Senator Lobs.

"I appreciate your hospitality," Jelena says. "We do not want to be a burden on you. We can a little unprepared, it seems. I am going to call our Council and determine what was amiss."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2012 09:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Please do," Senator Lobs says. "You've not been here more than an hour and already things are tense due to your 'dramatic' arrival. The sooner you can give us an answer there, the better."

Old Post Aug 1st, 2012 09:18 AM
Brit
Duchess

"Of course," Jelena says. "I will call once we are shown to our accomodations and settled in. Nothing more will happen until I've spoken with my Masters."

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 10:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Senator Lobs is happy to permit that. While he is having your accomodations prepared, he invites you to his Senatorial chambers so that he can entertain Fest's guests. He is starting to promise that you will be warm and appropriate garb provided when Hardrew interrupts.

"Just going to show them all your pretty things, are you?" Hardrew asks.

"Don't start, miner..." the Senator sighs.

"That's what's wrong with the Republic," Hardrew grunts. "It's blind."

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 03:23 AM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena is concerned by the outburst.

"What do you mean?" Jelena asks.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2012 07:25 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"The Senator is just going to take you on a whirlwind tour of Fest's highlights and what luxury is can offer," Hardrew states. "He won't show you how it's suffering."

"You exaggerate, sir," Senator Lobs sighs.

"Would that I were!" Hardrew snaps. "Were you going to take her into the mines yourself and show her the conditions my teams work under?"

"Not necessarily..."

Hardrew gestures at the Senator with two open palms. "See? That's what I mean."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2012 08:11 PM