KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

You sense that Master Korth shares your sentiments there.

"I'm not sure," Master Korth says. "Patience, Padawan. We will know more soon, once the Senate and the Czrzki finish with their pleasantries." He waves a hand at those in attendance- the blue-hued Czrzki intermingling with politicians from dozens of worlds, talking animatedly with one another, as if they were all old friends reuniting after time apart. "The real negotiations begin tomorrow, and the string that this world shares with the Republic will be pulled taut. We can only hope that it doesn't fray and snap."

You do not feel confident about that. You catch fleeting sensations from the Senators of the Committee and their aides and attendants, lacking better control of your powers just yet. Overall, they feel... pessimistic, perhaps. You can't be sure, touching the minds of so many so briefly.

You also find it unnerving when the Czrzki look your way when you brush over them with the Force. They feel you but dismiss it; they routinely Scan each other as part of their everyday social interactions.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 03:03 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

It would probably be Empathy to get a better feel for that, right? At least from the people.

"I'm not sure it won't fray," Gallagher says. "But I guess we'll see. Don't you feel the negative emotions from the Senators, too? I'm guessing the Czrzki probably do too, if we do. That can't help things."

Gallagher will ask Master Korth what they will do next, or if they'll keep socializing and meeting people.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 12:32 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It would give you a more accurate feel, yes.

"Trust in the Force to guide events," Master Korth says. "The Committee and the Czrzki will reach the right decision." But you see concern on his face.

You continue socializing with the attendees, largely observing Master Korth (who possesses a wider variety of social skills that you wholly lack) in his conversations and learning from him. Eventually, Master Korth leads you into a discussion with Senator Yaam-Tso Hast, the designated leader of this Senatorial Committee. He is a tall dark-skinned man with silvered hair and stern, stone-carved features. He wears a gray suit patterned with pinprick silvery stars. His valet flanks him, a squat man with a wide face and a squashed nose. The valet eyes you and Master Korth warily, but Senator Hast allows his stern visage to crack a slight smile.

"Ah, the Jedi observers," Senator Hast greets in his cultured Core accent. "How go your observations?"

"Not much to observe yet," Master Korth responds. "Not until the negotiations actually begin. Rubbing elbows suits us nicely." Master Korth introduces himself and you to the Senator. Recognize plays across Senator Hast's face at the mention of your name; he had paid little attention to you up to now.

"Faust? Of the Thespia Fausts?" inquires Senator Hast of you.

Last edited by REXXXX on Jul 24th, 2015 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 02:14 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher will Scan the Senator, since it gives the young Jedi a small social edge when he lacks social skills. Gallagher will also Scan the Senator's valet, liking the look of him less.

"Yes, sir," Gallagher says, acknowledging his heritage. "Senator Galahad Faust of Thespia is my father. Do you know him well?"

Gallagher hopes that Master Korth will fill in the blanks, since Gallagher doesn't have Savoir-Faire either.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 03:34 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Not as well as I should like," Senator Hast admits.

Scanning the Senator reveals an iron mind- his Willpower is high. You do not get much.

The valet, on the other hand... not so strong-willed. You sense a great deal of aggression, but no open hostilities. He unnerves you.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 06:23 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Send him my regards, next you see him," Gallagher says, timidly. "I do not come into contact with him much, as you can imagine. Jedi normally don't have familial ties."

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 07:31 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Probably for the best," says Senator Hast. "A good man though Senator Faust is, I'm sure even he would be tempted to take advantage of your presence here."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 08:45 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"How so?" Gallagher inquires, unsure about what Senator Hast implies with that statement.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2015 12:09 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"A Jedi's ability to influence others proves invaluable in a diplomatic setting," Senator Hast says. "Could you not simply persuade..."

(Senator Hast waves his hand in a mock of the Jedi Mind Trick)

"... the Czrzki to follow our direction and agree to sell their technology to us?"

Master Korth starts to answer, then pauses.

"Gallagher, go ahead," Master Korth says to you for an answer.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 08:55 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"That wouldn't work, I don't think," Gallagher says. "I can sense that the Czrzki have a limited connection to the Force that might help them resist something like that. Besides, it doesn't work that way."

Gallagher hesitates.

"And that wouldn't be right."

Old Post Sep 6th, 2015 12:36 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Senator Hast renews his smile.

"Ah, your father passed on his sense of morality. All the more important for a Jedi Knight in training, I would imagine. I certainly expect great things to come from you, Gallagher. Your career will not doubt prove fascinating to follow."

The Senator's valet taps him on the shoulder. The Senator offers him a nod.

"I must meet with my aides before the actual negotiations begin. A pleasure meeting you both, Jedi."

Master Korth bows slightly as Senator Hast and his valet walk off into the gathering of representatives from both parties.

"Watch yourself around him," Master Korth says to you, watching the Senator go.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2015 07:32 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"He had a very firm mind," Gallagher comments. "I couldn't read him very well. I'm not used to that unless it's other Jedi."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 07:37 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Men of strong will can sometimes elude even the most sensitive Jedi," Master Korth says. "Uncommon but not unusual. And Senator Hast certainly qualifies as a determined individual."

The pleasantries continue for some time as politicians and representatives and advisers and aids from all present parties rub elbows and idly discuss Galactic matters, recent movements in the Senate, and so on. A few other Senators shake hands with you and Master Korth, but none make such an impression as Senator Hast.

Eventually, Cazzr begins directing everyone into the meeting hall. But he comes to you first.

"The Storm Lord will see you after the first session."

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 01:09 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher continues to follow Master Korth's lead in these social situations, only interested in the sense of knowing who is involved but mainly preoccupied by the Storm Lord wanting to meet with them and with Senator Hast.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2015 04:39 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Master Korth thanks Cazzr then starts going with the flow of the crowd into the meeting hall, to observe the proceedings as mandated.

But you feel distracted. As if you should be elsewhere.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 07:39 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Where does Gallagher feel he should be?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2015 09:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Elsewhere. As if you are missing something by being here.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:15 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Can Gallagher follow his senses?

Additional question: Will Master Korth let Gallagher simply wander off when there's an important meeting about to start?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2015 05:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Something elusive draws you off into the palace...

Only one way to find out if Korth will stop you.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2015 07:25 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher will get to wandering!

As he starts to wander, he contemplates what the elusive sensation is and tries to see if it solidifies as he wanders. Obviously, the Force wants to show him something, or wants for him to see something he wouldn't see if he stayed by Master Korth.

He plays "hot/cold" with the Force, too, trying to sense the direction the Force wants him to go.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 08:45 PM