KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Theft at Electric Court
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher reaches out with his senses upon landing, glad to not have been fried by lightning on their way in. He wonders if that will be a risk he faces often while on Crzkz.

"What were those meetings like?" Gallagher asks before they step off. He pulls his bags to himself with the Force and straps it over his shoulder.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 06:08 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Crzkz feels strange to you, Gallagher. On Coruscant, you can sense multitudes of life forms and every wall and walkway. Here, things feel muddled and unclear. It will take the utmost concentration to use your supernatural senses here. You lift your bag just fine.

"The Crzkzi are suspicious but polite," Korth says. "And with good reason. Over the millennia, many have tried to manipulate the Crzkzi and take their prized creations. The task before us is an uphill battle."

You disembark into the hangar and are immediately drawn to a blue glow moving toward the ship.

Korth emits a series of vibrations with his lips and tongue, which is returned by the blue glow... which comes into focus as you approach. It is a Crzkzi! They are tall slender beings with narrow, oval-shaped heads and vertical mouths, with dark round eyes on the sides of their heads. Despite their distinctly alien appearance, they remain beautiful.

Korth and the Crzkzi talk briefly before Korth explains that this particular being is the one he met, years ago.

"I am called Cazzr," says the Crzkzi. "I am your contact here, both with the foreign affairs ministry and the technological community."

"I appreciate that they provided a familiar face for our visit," Korth says.

"Who are you, child?" Cazzr asks.

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Nov 5th, 2012 02:45 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I am Gallagher, Padawan to Master Korth," Gallagher introduces himself. He tries not to stare at Cazzr, intrigued by the way his head is shaped and all. He is not the first alien that Gallagher has seen, but certainly the first of his kind. "I am training to become a Jedi Knight."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2012 12:15 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Cazzr smiles, contorting his vertical mouth into a diamond shape.

"I am pleased to meet a student of Korth," Cazzr says. "You will learn much from him, if you listen. Have you not seen a Crzkzi before, young one?"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 05:01 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I haven't," Gallagher says.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 07:06 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Now you have," Cazzr says.

"Shall we move on?" Korth asks. "I am eager to meet with the Storm Lord and proceed with our talks."

"Oh, of that I am certain," Cazzr says. You sense a hint of irritation from the Crzkzi, if not distrust. It fades quickly. "He is expecting you. Come with me."

Cazzr guides you to another hangar, where a Crzkzi speeder is waiting. It is a short ride from the starport to what you perceive to be a tremendous palace at the city center. It scintillates as power courses through its glass-like walls, redirected from the weather vanes that crown it. It is amorphous and strange in shape.

"The Electric Court," Korth explains. "The leader of the Crzkzi, the Storm Lord, rules from here."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 07:33 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher looks in awe at the palace.

"Why is he called the Storm Lord?" Gallagher asks, more to Cazzr than to Korth. "I'm guessing that might be obvious..."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 05:11 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Fairly," Cazzr says. "The Storm Lord has access to and control of the entire power network, which is integral to our society. Interest groups lobby with the Storm Lord for energy, not money."

"That I didn't know," Korth says.

"Money is still important, of course," Cazzr says with a smile.

"Of course," Korth says, smiling back.

The airspeeder lands near the palace, keeping its distance from the energized weather vanes and lightning rods. You walk the rest of the distance to the grandiose palace gates- which, of course, are electrified.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2012 05:59 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Electricity is a major theme in Crzkzi culture," Gallagher says, matter-of-factly. "Does an electrified fence even do anything to you? I know what it'd do to me..."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2012 10:06 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"It can interrupt our natural field," Cazzr says.

"Non-fatally," Korth adds.

"Yes," Cazzr says. "It can result in unconsciousness."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 02:52 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"It would just fry us," Gallagher says. "Does ANYTHING hurt the Crzkzi? Because it doesn't sound like it."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 07:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Cazzr emits a vibrating sound you think is laughter.

"I'm not sure you should know," Cazzr says. "The Crzkzi are a durable people, or we could not have evolved where we did. Only the strong survive worlds like ours."

"It's not information we need," Korth says, smiling. "We're here as friends, not enemies."

"Just so," Cazzr responds.

The guards recognize Cazzr and open the electrified gates for him. They are not physical gates, but electrified walls of energy. The conductors that control them are intricately decorated with imagery of angry lightning gods, which glow fiercely when the gates are active. They flicker and fade when it turns off, and you pass through.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2012 01:38 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher admires the artistic effor that went into making the gates, and anything else worthy of notice around the gate and through it. He offers respectful nods to any Crzkzi guards he passes, and looks up at the palace in awe.

"How long has the palace been here?" Gallagher asks. "How far back does Crzkzi history reach back?"

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 01:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Crzkz's history reaches back to the founding of the Republic 25,000 years ago. It was not a founding member and generally stayed apart until fairly recently.

The palace has been here for thousands of years, dating back to the time of the earlier Sith Wars.

"My, you're inquisitive," Cazzr jests.

The overall lightning imagery does not relent inside the palace. Everything is jagged edges and glowing lights, flickering and dancing across the walls.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 12:06 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Sorry," Gallagher says, if he senses that Cazzr is offended. If not, Gallagher just carries on in silence, observing his new surroundings. He fiddles with the hems of his cloak as he walks.

The grandiose design of the palace is probably a bit much for spartan Gallagher. He likes things simple. Crzkz definitely isn't.

"Where are we going?" Gallagher asks after a bit of walking through the halls.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2012 01:44 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"To our advanced research facilities," Cazzr says. "All are contained here in the palace, as it is the most secure structure on Crzkz. No army has ever penetrated this place, nor will they ever, should one try."

"For all sorts of reasons," Korth adds, with a knowing smile.

"Sometimes I wonder if you know too much..." Cazzr says, returning the grin.

You are ushered into a lift which smoothly shoots upwards, powered by strong electromagnetic pulses. Everything about this place is a marvel, Gallagher.

You sense great power here.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2013 08:04 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"The Force is strong here," Gallagher says to Korth. Then to Cazzr, "Does your world believe in the Force? Or do they view it differently?"

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 07:46 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Both," Cazzr says.

The lift stops after a long ascent to what must be the highest reaches of the palace. It dispels you into an open corridor where everything, as before, is scintillating with energy that crackles through the reflective mercuric walls.

The hall widens into the laboratory. The interior design continues, but the laboratory is a high hall with tremendous windows and vaulted ceiling. The layout reminds you of a church altar, with steps rising at the rear to a vault door. The windows give splendid views of the lightning rods that adorn the palace's peaks.

Several Crzkzi in the garb of scientists are working with a variety of equipment, all of which sparks and glows with electricity.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 09:42 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher notes the vault for a moment before glancing about at the work taking place.

"What are they working on?" Gallagher asks. "Master Korth has said that Crzkzi technology is very advanced, but I don't know what you actually make aside from stun guns."

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 08:48 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"A multitude of projects," Cazzr says.

He pauses by one of the work stations, where a group of Crzkzi in lab coats are positioning an advanced suit of armor. They flip a switch, and there is a faint crackle and shimmer as the suit is powered up.

One of the technicians aims a pistol at it and fires.

The bolt dissipates upon contact with the armor, leaving a light scorch but nothing lasting.

"Impressive," Korth says.

"A sustained energy source could short-circuit them," Cazzr says. "It's what they're working on, currently. Our armed forces utilize those suits. Our lord does not like that they have a weakness."

"Understandable," Korth says.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2013 09:11 AM