KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » N. Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors

N. Korea Agrees to Allow Inspectors
Started by: Symmetric Chaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tsilamini

If America unilaterally disarmed, the only nation that could beat it militarily (and almost certainly would if it came to blows) would be Russia, and the only reason is because MAD wouldn't stand.

If America had a 100% protective ICBM shield, and actively patrolled their waters for nuclear-armed subs, then no, Russia would be defeated fairly easily.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:39 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Come on, dude. Not only is America still a military power-house without nukes that any single or multiple countries would have a tooth and nail fight, destroying America would throw the world into an economic shit-ward spin; people in power like their money.

I hope your optimism is warranted. I am more pessimistic. A conventional force runs on oil. All one would have to do is cut off that oil supply first.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:42 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by inimalist
If America unilaterally disarmed, the only nation that could beat it militarily (and almost certainly would if it came to blows) would be Russia, and the only reason is because MAD wouldn't stand.

If America had a 100% protective ICBM shield, and actively patrolled their waters for nuclear-armed subs, then no, Russia would be defeated fairly easily.

The cost for Russia turning America into a glass dessert would be extremely high. Like a boxer winning the fight, but becoming a cripple for it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I hope your optimism is warranted. I am more pessimistic. A conventional force runs on oil. All one would have to do is cut off that oil supply first.

If America wanted to, they could hold all domestic oil production within the nation. That, plus imports from Canada (who would, unquestioningly, support America) and Mexico (very few nations who Mexico would align with above America) would easily cover the necessary resources.

The problem with oil is that it is on the world market. Its why the whole Keystone Pipeline debate is hilarious. You would buy our oil, then your companies would ship it overseas because oil is a world commodity. Same as the "drill baby drill" meme, all the oil drilled would be shipped to the world market, not preserved for American domestic use.

In a world war scenario, I can see this being one of the first changes made.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:46 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

The cost for Russia turning America into a glass dessert would be extremely high. Like a boxer winning the fight, but becoming a cripple for it.

I agree, I just think Russia is a clear winner in that conflict.

The long term consequences would be disastrous, if not in terms of military retaliation from NATO, at least in terms of the destruction of the world economy.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:47 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

If America wanted to, they could hold all domestic oil production within the nation. That, plus imports from Canada (who would, unquestioningly, support America) and Mexico (very few nations who Mexico would align with above America) would easily cover the necessary resources.

The problem with oil is that it is on the world market. Its why the whole Keystone Pipeline debate is hilarious. You would buy our oil, then your companies would ship it overseas because oil is a world commodity. Same as the "drill baby drill" meme, all the oil drilled would be shipped to the world market, not preserved for American domestic use.

In a world war scenario, I can see this being one of the first changes made.

...but your point supports the "drill baby drill" meme.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:48 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

...but your point supports the "drill baby drill" meme.

In a world where oil is not a global commodity, sure.

Get me started on how the Chinese have bought our entire oil supply to ship to Asia....

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:49 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

In a world where oil is not a global commodity, sure.

Get me started on how the Chinese have bought our entire oil supply to ship to Asia....

I have a gut feeling that we are not drilling because we want everyone else to run out of oil first. wink

China is a wild card.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I agree, I just think Russia is a clear winner in that conflict.

The long term consequences would be disastrous, if not in terms of military retaliation from NATO, at least in terms of the destruction of the world economy.

Come on, dude. Not only is America still a military power-house without nukes that any single or multiple countries would have a tooth and nail fight, destroying America would throw the world into an economic shit-ward spin; people in power like their money.

We pretty much agree 100%. Good, good. *rubs hands menacingly*

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I have a gut feeling that we are not drilling because we want everyone else to run out of oil first. wink

China is a wild card.

Possible. It likely has more to do with OPEC paying our politicians to suppress more drilling on US territory.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:55 PM
tsilamini

China is a wild card.

not us, we can't sell it to the Chinese fast enough

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 07:58 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

not us, we can't sell it to the Chinese fast enough

Maybe we are pulling an OPEC on China. Now that is pure speculation.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 08:03 PM
tsilamini

no, really, it is just our government selling off the land as fast as possible

but, we got a pair of pandas on loan for one of our zoos, so its sort of a fair deal

(I might just start a thread... its such a ridiculously huge topic though)

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 08:04 PM