KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 6 Star Wars Episodes.

6 Star Wars Episodes.
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Another fan of AOTC... wink

I know people that actually walked out of it during that bloody scene in the field on Naboo. Visuals aside, It's definitely the weakest for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 07:33 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by -Pr-
I know people that actually walked out of it during that bloody scene in the field on Naboo. Visuals aside, It's definitely the weakest for me.

Yeah, I can't deny that the scene in the feild on naboo was pretty horrible. The rommance scenes were horendes, worse than anything in any other star wars film, but there are other stuff in AOTC that I really like. I think the action's cool, Christiphor Lee does a good job, seeing Yoda fight was good, the scenes with Obi Wan &the clones is enjoyable, so these other things make me like it, so minus the cheesey romance, etc, it's really quite good, a lot better than Phantom.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2012 11:08 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ It's actually the ONLY Star Wars movie that did not blow me away first time I saw it. And I actually did not need to see it again. Unlike the others.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 10:51 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggy22
Lover

ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

Scythe is a God among men

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 02:36 PM
Click here to Send Ziggy22 a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggy22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Wow I'm surprised how many people are putting ROTS below all 3 of the Originals.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Ziggy22
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

That's what I would have thought most people's would be.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 04:32 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Wow I'm surprised how many people are putting ROTS below all 3 of the Originals.
Which order woud you put them in?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 04:35 PM
Lord Shadow Z

I never really took much away from watching AOTC, it had few memorable flashpoints and 'moments' to really grab you. TPM had the podrace, the mystery of Maul, 3-way lightsaber fight (and the debut of the dual lightsaber).

ROTS kept me interested mainly in how they were going to handle the Anakin/DV transformation (for years I thought the Vader suit was a Sith initiation thing) and that kept me watching even though the hole in Grevious' background/story irked me throughout. The seduction to the dark side was okay, not necessarily the reasoning behind his willingness to tread the path but it was rushed, no doubt. The fights/confrontations were okay, didn't really have much variety there. What brought it down for me was the unreasonable extremes of emotion between Anakin and Obi-Wan with some dodgy dialogue going on and the comedic entry of DV into the PT left me speechless.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2012 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Which order woud you put them in?

It's really hard for me but I'll give it a go:

ROTS/ESB
ANH
ROTJ/TPM

AOTC

I had to leave a couple of spaces before I put AOTC, just to stress the others are all close for me but AOTC is clearly inferior to the rest imo.

Although I did like Dooku and seeing all the Jedi in action. But that wasn't enough to make it anywhere near as epic as SW movies usually are for me.

P.s. If we were to include the CW Movie I would have to leave about a hundred spaces embarrasment

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 10:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

AOTC is very pretty, but to me this film is pretty obsolete... it spends a lot of time on things that can be told in a minute and isn't all that important to the story. The only thing that could have been interesting is the identity of Syfo Dyas but nothing was done with that. So why bring him up in the first place.
AOTC is only relevant for Anakin falling in love with Padme, but that was so horribly done that I'd prefer to ignore it. So in the end, how much is AOTC worth? Not a lot.

When ROTS came out it suddenly made AOTC lousy and it made TPM a bit better for me.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:09 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

AOTC is very pretty, but to me this film is pretty obsolete... it spends a lot of time on things that can be told in a minute and isn't all that important to the story. The only thing that could have been interesting is the identity of Syfo Dyas but nothing was done with that. So why bring him up in the first place.
AOTC is only relevant for Anakin falling in love with Padme, but that was so horribly done that I'd prefer to ignore it. So in the end, how much is AOTC worth? Not a lot.

Yes the only thing AOTC should get real credit for is special effects. I believe every scene in that movie was completely digital.

When ROTS came out it suddenly made AOTC lousy and it made TPM a bit better for me.

ROTS did made AOTC look very lousy.

As for TPM many people who were not fans found the whole political plot of TPM boring, not realsing that the man appointed Supreme Chancellor was a Sith Lord.

Of course all the fans realised this, but I think your wider movie audience did not. Palpatine for the most part came across as quite innocent in that movie alone.

After watching ROTS all the political stuff would have made a lot more sense to them. Even the name Phantom Menace makes more sense now.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:34 PM
C-3POTheClever

Of course all the fans realised this, but I think your wider movie audience did not. Palpatine for the most part came across as quite innocent in that movie alone.
I don't know. I thought straight away, he seemed like a bad guy. There was just something about him which had EVIL written all over him. When the Phantom menace finished however.. I did beleive he was quite inoccent, but just seemed evil.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 03:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

I think TPM would have worked much better if they made it clear to the audience. Palpy playing both sides of his persona on Coruscant seems a lot more interesting to me that all this forced secrecy.

As you said, all the fans knew... Yet Lucas decided not to characterise him in the depth that he had available.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 08:39 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I think TPM would have worked much better if they made it clear to the audience. Palpy playing both sides of his persona on Coruscant seems a lot more interesting to me that all this forced secrecy.

Yes that's exactly what I always thought. It's like he expected the audience to watch Episode 3 before Episode 1!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 12:16 AM
Charlie512

It's really hard for me but I'll give it a go:

ROTS/ESB
ANH
ROTJ/TPM

AOTC

I use to like Rots a lot better before I realized how much Vader's turn sucked.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2012 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Charlie512 a Private Message Find more posts by Charlie512 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ I actually really enjoyed the scene when Palpatine is convincing Anakin to just be open minded to the dark side smile

Ian McDiarmid's a brilliant actor.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 01:12 AM
Lord Shadow Z

As you said, all the fans knew... Yet Lucas decided not to characterise him in the depth that he had available.

thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! WTF? Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

(I still think Windu survived that btw, could have landed in a Bacta tank factory. Completely plausible big grin ).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

^ I actually really enjoyed the scene when Palpatine is convincing Anakin to just be open minded to the dark side smile

Ian McDiarmid's a brilliant actor.

Completely agree, his performance as the Emperor in the PT was scary, especially the way he spoke when he was trying to turn Anakin and then when his true nature came out when confronted by the Jedi. It reminds me of Jean Marsh's portrayal of Queen Bavmorda in Willow; same viciousness but in her case nothing was hidden behind a facade.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Such a great actor deserved a better fleshed out character IMHO.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 08:24 PM
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

No, I'm sure most of them can tell he's evil. As I said, when I first watched TPM, I thought he seemed evil straight away. I did beleive he wasn't though at the end of TPM. I think it's a good idea for him to appear to be good at first anyway, then you get a nice suprise, big plot twist.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2012 10:55 PM