KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 6 Star Wars Episodes.

6 Star Wars Episodes.
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

The plot twist wasn't that great for starters, secondly all SW fabs knew who he was, thirdly it made him a rather superficial character until the plot twist and after that he was just a one dimensional gurgling evil dude.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2012 08:33 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! WTF? Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

Only problem was, until the plot twist came in the very last movie those audiences were just getting bored through the whole political drama in Episodes I and II.

Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z

(I still think Windu survived that btw, could have landed in a Bacta tank factory. Completely plausible big grin ).

LOL Nice thought but I think Unless we here something official, like he's returning in the Live Action series, we can safely assume he died.

A guy who can defeat the Emporer, who unlike Yoda isn't getting too old, would do something more than just hide out.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Mar 29th, 2012 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He'd make a career as a guy named Jules.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 05:15 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ And you would know which his Lightsaber is.. It's the one that says "bad m***** f*****" on it..

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 05:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Indeed. the guy with the dead Jedi storage.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2012 06:15 PM
OB1-adobe

Hey kids,

It's been awhile. Howz everybody holding up?

Anyway here is my two cents:

ANH
ESB
ROTS
ROTJ
TPM
AOTC

My list hasn't changed in 7 years

I bought the blu rays the day they came out. Love them. I have nitpicks, but whatever. I don't think anyone wants to hear about those?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 02:10 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hey OB1, wazzup?

And just shoot about the BD's, I'd listen to it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 06:17 PM
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by queeq
Hey OB1, wazzup?

And just shoot about the BD's, I'd listen to it.

Oh you know, just keeping it real.

Blu ray nit picks:

Of all things the NOOOOOO, and any of the other changes didn't bug me. They were not necessary, but I think the pros out weigh the cons with this set

I didn't like R2's CGI parts in rotj, that could have done a lot better

Mostly it was nit picky technical stuff that got my hard on, or hard off.

There some seriously distracting stuff in 2004 dvd's that I'm glad was taken care of. I can watch death star escape now with shuddering at the tie fighter fighter boxes, Luke and vader's sabers in rotj look better.

Though like most people: I'm pretty upset that they didn't upgrade Luke's anh lightsaber training scene. It will be fixed for the 3D release, just watch.

Right now I'm finally chilling back and watching all of the extras. I watched some but not all. Now I'm watching all of them.

I think the whole Lucas film archives thing is a cool idea, and it's pretty entertaining to see the models and costumes. Even though whatever camera they used to shoot the beauty shots had two dead pixels.

At any rate you see how much work was put into these films, which helps suppress my own nerdy nitpicks because you just accept the films for what they are.

Sure they could probably look better and sound better, but I'm glad I bought it.

When I'm done watching the extras I have another treat to look forward too. I just bought the Godfather trilogy on blu ray. I've never seen them, but I'm looking forward to it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 07:49 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow... then you are in for a treat. Excellent transfer that. Cherish it.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 03:02 PM
OB1-adobe

Wow... then you are in for a treat. Excellent transfer that. Cherish it.

I did cherish it. I really enjoyed it, all 3 of them.

Unfortunately I have to agree with the masses that part 3 was weakest. However I'm glad the series had a conclusion, and I liked how it was the culmination from Michael's actions in his life and how it ended up destroying everything around him, even when he was looking for forgiveness.

Just wish Robert Duvall's character was in it

Unlike some film franchises that get resurrected after many years like Terminator, and they try to continue it, shit happens, and then it gets left in Limbo.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 12:53 AM
queeq
Chaos

Duvall refused to join the old team. Unfortunately...

Yes, it's very much a weaker episodes. It does have a few memorable elements though. Andy Garcia in a great role. Pacino's lovely line: When I thought I was out, they pull me back in. And his death at the end... subtle and tragic.

But GFII is still my favourite, what a great film that is. (Yes GFI is a cinematic highpoint, but to be able to top that with GFII - outstanding).

Old Post Apr 20th, 2012 06:57 AM
C-3POTheClever

My order has changed now. It's now what is bellow!
ROTS
ROTJ/ESB
AOTC/ANH
TPM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 12:05 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Re: 6 Star Wars Episodes.

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Can each of you say all 6 episodes in the order from your favourite to your least favourite? Mine are bellow.
1. Episode VI
2. Episode III
3. Episode V
4. Episode II
5. Episode IV
6. Episode I

I would say
ESB- great story, character development and dramatic
ROTJ- good action, and the redemption of Vader is epic
ROTS- key storyline, well executed fights, shows the fall of Anakin
ANH- good introduction to the universe, fun characters
TPM- good pod race, good duel with Maul
AOTC- the first half is a mess, then the final 45 minutes turns into Apocalypse Now in space. Great war scenes but tough to get through the first 1 1/2 hour to the battle.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2013 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Re: Re: 6 Star Wars Episodes.

Originally posted by Kickballjedi
I would say
ESB- great story, character development and dramatic
ROTJ- good action, and the redemption of Vader is epic
ROTS- key storyline, well executed fights, shows the fall of Anakin
ANH- good introduction to the universe, fun characters
TPM- good pod race, good duel with Maul
AOTC- the first half is a mess, then the final 45 minutes turns into Apocalypse Now in space. Great war scenes but tough to get through the first 1 1/2 hour to the battle.

I can agree with this. It's strange how AoTC turned out to be worse than TPM considering the second film was more relevant to the plot.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 08:51 AM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

ESB
RotS
RotJ
AotC
ANH
TPM

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2013 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

My order is now:
ROTS
ROTJ
TESB
AOTC
ANH
TPM

Old Post May 30th, 2013 08:36 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vensai

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
No, I'm sure most of them can tell he's evil. As I said, when I first watched TPM, I thought he seemed evil straight away. I did beleive he wasn't though at the end of TPM. I think it's a good idea for him to appear to be good at first anyway, then you get a nice suprise, big plot twist.

Did you watch the original trilogy beforehand. A lot of people correctly guessed he was the Emperor.

Credit to Scythe

Old Post May 31st, 2013 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Vensai a Private Message Find more posts by Vensai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

Originally posted by Vensai
Did you watch the original trilogy beforehand. A lot of people correctly guessed he was the Emperor.
Well, tecnically yes, but that was when I was really little, so I didn't really understand them. When I was a bit older though, I watched the Phantom menace first, & it was more then that I was into Star Wars, & understood it.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2013 02:22 PM
Kickballjedi

The plot twist wasn't that great for starters, secondly all SW fabs knew who he was, thirdly it made him a rather superficial character until the plot twist and after that he was just a one dimensional gurgling evil dude.

I had several ideas for plot twists GL could've used instead of hand feeding the facts to us in the PT.

1) End the PT not knowing that Anakin was Vader. End the PT with Anakin turning evil, killing younglings or other Jedi, even showing the epic battle with ObiWan, but don't show him turning into, or Palpatine naming him, Darth Vader. The mystery of the OT wasn't that Vader was Luke's father, it was that Vader and Anakin were the same person. OB1 throws us off in ANH by saying Anakin was killed by Vader, this is why we were shocked when we learned Vader was his father. At least some of the mystery could've remained.

2) End the PT with the viewer not knowing Padme had the babies. This way we are surprised when we first hear Luke Skywalker's name in ANH. Then doubly shocked when we learn he has a twin sister who was also born/survived.

3) My last idea was to have Palpatine be like a Golem character, 2 sides of the same psyche. He might argue with himself when alone in his throne room. Of course, the "evil" side wins out in the end. That would've given Ian a broader range to portray. And after the first movie (and even more in the second because of Dooku both helping and working against Sidius) I thought maybe Palpatine and Sidius were two different people.

This is all for the sake of anybody who watches the movies 1-6 of course. I felt the PT took away any "plot twists" that happened in the OT.

Vader- "No. I am your Father"
Luke- "I know, I saw the OT"

Old Post Jun 27th, 2013 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Personally, I think Episode One should have started with Anakin and OB1 meeting as ambitious, young men. One a Jedi, the other a talented pilot. They are forced or assigned to fight together in the Clone Wars: a friendship grows... Anakin accepts training from OB1, shows exceptional talent as a padawan. And from here on, the fall begins. Something else than mother...

The whole development of Anakin should have spanned three movies during the Clone Wars. I think...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:56 AM