KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 6 Star Wars Episodes.

6 Star Wars Episodes.
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kickballjedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Personally, I think Episode One should have started with Anakin and OB1 meeting as ambitious, young men. One a Jedi, the other a talented pilot. They are forced or assigned to fight together in the Clone Wars: a friendship grows... Anakin accepts training from OB1, shows exceptional talent as a padawan. And from here on, the fall begins. Something else than mother...

The whole development of Anakin should have spanned three movies during the Clone Wars. I think...

This! Good one Queeg. That is exactly what I hoped when I first went to see Episode 1 in the theaters! I thought it would be a story similar to Ben Hur, with Anakin as the Messala character who turns on his older, wiser friend Ben Hur (OB1) to gain favor with the powerful Roman "Empire". In the grand finale, instead of the epic chariot race, they would have their duel where it appears OB1 has defeated Anakin and leaves him for dead... only to have Anakin reappear 20 years later as the evil enforcer for the Empire. <sigh> if only it could've been a storyline as powerful as that.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 01:23 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup... it was all there in the OT...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 09:56 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
^ It's actually the ONLY Star Wars movie that did not blow me away first time I saw it. And I actually did not need to see it again. Unlike the others.

There were many things that hurt AoTC.

It started off okay, the assassination attempt on Padme was cool, the bounty hunter was cool. We saw a peek of the bad acting to come as Anakin was "uncomfortable" around Padme right off the bat.

Then the movie goes down the toilet via 2 horrible subplots-
the mysterious "poison dart"- give me a break! Obiwan spends days searching for a missing planet and finds out the dart was made on Kamino. Really!?!? A society built on cloning has some amazing engineers who redesign the centuries old technology of the dart.. and Obiwan learns this not from a library or even the Jedi archives, but a line cook at a local diner. Waste of time.

And the love scenes- some of the most uncomfortable, annoying, unemotional lines I've ever heard.

After this the movie actually gets back on track- the battle with Jango, the heroes gathering on Geonosis and fighting their way out of the pit, not bad. The sequence in the factory was a little forced, but I would forgive that if it were the only bad segment in the movie. And finally, the movie reaches Star Wars level once the Jedi start to battle the droids, then the clone army arrives to save the day.

I think most Star Wars fans gave the movie a chance, but those 2 horribly acted, horribly written, horribly developed subplots just ruined it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2013 01:37 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones is the worst thing ever made by a human. Except for the bagpipes.

"Why is it so bad" you ask? Well it will take a little while to explain because basically the answer involves every single thing in the film.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2013 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nmillwater33

1. Episode V
2. Episode IV
3. Episode VI
4. Episode III
5. Episode II
6. Episode I

Old Post Sep 21st, 2013 08:18 AM
Click here to Send nmillwater33 a Private Message Find more posts by nmillwater33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Another thing about AOTC is that the few plot points gathered in this film (Syfo Dyas orderd the Clone Army but no one knows why, Jango fett is hired by Tyrannus, Tyrannus is revealed as a former Jedi, and the Genosians design the Death Star) have no bearing at all for the rest of the story:
1. Syfo Dyas's motives or the real story behind this order of Clones never leads to Palpatine (so why include this rather lengthy subplot if it serves no purpose)
2. Tyrannus died right at the beginning of ROTS, an unused and there useless character
3. The Death Star plays no part in ROTS and the fact that the Geonisians designed the DS is completely irrelevant for the OT

All in all AOTC is a completely OBSOLETE film. That's why I don't like it at all.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 06:43 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

TPM at least served as something of an introduction, but AotC just felt... unnecessary.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 06:45 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

VERY!

The only real plot points we needed was
A) Anakin falling in love, but that was so horribly done, that we should discard it as relevant scenes
B) That Clones were made. But why this intricate storyline, how important is it that we know all the ins and outs of the order of Clones and if it is, why don't get the full story.

Silly. Can't believe Lucas hired a writer to help him out on this one and still manages to produce such rubbish.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2013 06:47 AM
KyleAP

Empire Strikes Back 10/10
A New Hope 8/10
Return of the Jedi 8/10
Revenge of the Sith 5/10
Phantom Menace 2/10
Attack of the Clones 2/10

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2013 09:15 AM
Click here to Send KyleAP a Private Message Find more posts by KyleAP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's about my list, although I would rate ROTS with a higher grade than 5/10. ROTJ gets a 7/10 I think... saved by the excellent Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2013 07:28 AM
C-3POTheClever

That's about my list, although I would rate ROTS with a higher grade than 5/10. ROTJ gets a 7/10 I think... saved by the excellent Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes.

I thought you gave TPM a 6 & AOTC a 5? They're the ratings you gave when I asked for everyone's ratings. Have you changed your mind on them or something?

Last edited by C-3POTheClever on Oct 10th, 2013 at 08:35 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 08:31 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C-3POTheClever

I agree that the Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes in ROTJ are what makes the film great. I'm not a huge fan of all the 'ewock stuff'.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 08:34 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by KyleAP
Empire Strikes Back 10/10
A New Hope 8/10
Return of the Jedi 8/10
Revenge of the Sith 5/10
Phantom Menace 2/10
Attack of the Clones 2/10
I'd go with this. RotS may not be good for being "dark", but it's at least good at being "dark". And I get a bit of a kick out of it.

That and Palpatine. He's delightful.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2013 10:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I thought you gave TPM a 6 & AOTC a 5? They're the ratings you gave when I asked for everyone's ratings. Have you changed your mind on them or something?

Did I? Must have been in my crisis days when I couldn't accept how bad the prequels were. I struggled with that for a while... Let's just say they haven't improved in my appreciation since the last time I graded them. wink

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 08:15 AM
C-3POTheClever

Did I? Must have been in my crisis days when I couldn't accept how bad the prequels were. I struggled with that for a while... Let's just say they haven't improved in my appreciation since the last time I graded them. wink

Yes! Below is the quoute.
The Phantom menace 6/10
Attack of the Clones 5/10
The Clone Wars 5/10
Revenge of the Sith 8/10
A New Hope 8/10
The Holiday Special - a must-see horror movie
The Empire Strikes Back 9.5/10
Return of the Jedi 7.5/10

Well, I guess maybe it was in your crisis days. Do you stand by your rating for episode 3?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2013 03:36 PM
queeq
Chaos

About, it might have dropped a point.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2013 06:26 PM
Salthasha

empire strikes back
a new hope
attack of the clones
return of the jedi
phantom menace
revenge of the sith

Old Post Oct 24th, 2013 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Salthasha a Private Message Find more posts by Salthasha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much.

Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 1
Episode 6
Episode 5
Episode 2

Old Post Dec 14th, 2013 08:16 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by sweersa
They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much.
We have taste in movies that exceeds "horrible".

Old Post Dec 15th, 2013 01:06 AM
queeq
Chaos

Hehehe... So, sweersa, why do you rate ESB so low?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2013 12:04 PM