KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 6 Star Wars Episodes.

6 Star Wars Episodes.
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

its funny, I always got the impression that George told the actors to act wooden; like as if he was trying to evoke a bygone era in the PT...I think back to Queen Amidalas forced and awkward sounding delivery and I can't fathom her coming up with that weird inflection on her own..It would make sense however for the Jedi to be monotone I suppose...they were sexless monks after all. And Hayden Christensen always gets flack for his portrayal of Anakin but again; GL wanted him to act like a petulant child and thats what comes across on screen in ep 2; I find him much more enjoyable and even likeable as a character in ROTS (the beginning anyways)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 10:59 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I doubt that George asked them to act 'wooden'. However when you see him direct the actors in de making of documentaries, he does direct how they should pronounce and stress certain words in a particular way he has in mind.

Some would call that bad directing because you're not really letting the actors do the work. But hey, if that's what you want, that's what you get. And in reality it's wooden acting...

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 06:47 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

yeah i suppose but most, if not all of the actors in the prequels have done great acting in other films so its not as if they are bad actors, they were directed a certain way and that reflected in their performances

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 07:24 PM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Any actor can suck occasionally. But across the board, over 3 films, and multiple actors? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was probably shitty direction.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

quote:
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Can each of you say all 6 episodes in the order from your favourite to your least favourite?
I only agnoledge the origianl 3 movies smile

Star wars 1,2 and 3 smile

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I acknowledge proper spelling of words in English.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 03:34 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Yes I just noticed I made a mistake but I cant correct it sad

Last edited by Dude111 on Jul 11th, 2016 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 01:07 AM
Click here to Send Dude111 a Private Message Find more posts by Dude111 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope. It will be there until the end of time.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2016 06:35 PM
C-3POTheClever

In 2021 my new order is:

Revenge of the Sith
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace
The Rise of Skywalker
The Last Jedi
Solo
The Clone Wars movie

What is your current order now?

Old Post Nov 6th, 2021 09:50 PM
Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi (I only put this above A New Hope because of the golden bikini and the ending)
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones

I haven't seen the rest and I don't care. It's obvious Lucas was embarrassed that after Empire became so successful and his wife started blabbing about how she saved the first one through editing he panicked and tried to rehash his toys and pretend there were some hidden meaning behind them. You can see this in Return of the Jedi. Death Star is back, more speed racers, more puppets, more lightsabers and less actual character development.

When the Phantom Menace came out it looked like something George was originally planning where some weirdo befriends puppets to fight a war while he defeats the bad guy/saves the queen. Everyone hated it so he tried to copy Empire and failed spectacularly, so Revenge of the Sith came out and as far as I can tell, people only liked it because Darth Vader was in it. The rest is just filler.

As for the sequels, they're doing the same thing of shoving shit in the frame to sell toys to kids but focusing on the things people liked from the original trilogy (specifically, Luke, Leia and Han). Unfortunately, they made the same mistake by focusing on the toys and not the characters.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2021 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Star Wars is creatively bankrupt. Should have been left alone after the prequels and kept in the realm of the EU materials. If Lucas was nice, maybe have let the copyright die with him and hand it over to the public domain.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 05:10 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote