KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Reflex speed.

Reflex speed.
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

She was already at the speed force when she grabbed her with the lasso.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:40 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^Touching or feeling the outer limits of speed-force is no big deal, Max mercury the slowest of all flashes including jesse whose normal max speed is .25c has touched it many times. The scan of superman being "shocked" is just after diana getting upgraded by clayface, its just before or after he casually grabs her attack and tells her that her reflexes are no match for him.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 05:51 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
^Touching or feeling the outer limits of speed-force is no big deal, Max mercury the slowest of all flashes including jesse whose normal max speed is .25c has touched it many times. The scan of superman being "shocked" is just after diana getting upgraded by clayface, its just before or after he casually grabs her attack and tells her that her reflexes are no match for him.

Scan? Also, this is about reflexes and Wonder Wonder Woman REFLEXES is above his. Not hard to grasp if we look at fts. She blocker his heat vision like it was nothing...Superman on more than one occasion has been hit by heat vision...hell, Batman has tagged him with his own heat vision. The lady has blocked heat vision coming from all angles from Amazo and Amazo had Superman and Wonder Woman powers during the time. She tied up Amazo before he could react and Superman didn't even see her this.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by abhilegend

Malefic laughed at orion's speed in Ostrander's run of martian manhunter.
like i said I don't know Orion's speed feats that well. I just thought I remembered someone saying that Orion was able to keep pace with Superman at some point which is why I put him where I did.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:15 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

@carver

this is quoted from recent flash and he's not yet shown speeds to equal wally pre reboot

"My body sends pain messages to my brain at such velocity that the femtosecond I feel something, I will react"-The Flash

EDIT: to clarify a femtosecond is to a second as a second is to 31.7 million years

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Last edited by BlackZero30x on Mar 4th, 2012 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2012 06:46 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Cogito
Did you really just show 3 scans of WW blocking bullets?

Really?

laughing

Attachment: wwvsiornvl8.jpg
This has been downloaded 129 time(s).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:50 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Good to see you back Tony.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:51 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by carver9
Good to see you back Tony.

Happy Dance

Attachment: 2rc5onm.jpg
This has been downloaded 130 time(s).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:00 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

This doesn't include her tying up Amazo who had Flash powers before he could react. Superman didn't even see her move.

Blatant untruth, and you've been shown up on it before.

And the sad part is, you diss Wonder Woman's speed whenever she's up against anyone that isn't Superman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Blatant untruth, and you've been shown up on it before.

And the sad part is, you diss Wonder Woman's speed whenever she's up against anyone that isn't Superman.

Huh? I've said numerous of times that Wonder Woman is the fastest Herald minus Flash. Even though her reflexes is above most doesn't mean she outright stomp any Herald she face, especially with CIS on.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:25 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Huh? I've said numerous of times that Wonder Woman is the fastest Herald minus Flash. Even though her reflexes is above most doesn't mean she outright stomp any Herald she face, especially with CIS on.

You're backtracking while trying to back up your point.

Going to address the other point?

Scan? Also, this is about reflexes and Wonder Wonder Woman REFLEXES is above his. Not hard to grasp if we look at fts. She blocker his heat vision like it was nothing...Superman on more than one occasion has been hit by heat vision...hell, Batman has tagged him with his own heat vision. The lady has blocked heat vision coming from all angles from Amazo and Amazo had Superman and Wonder Woman powers during the time. She tied up Amazo before he could react and Superman didn't even see her this.

You need to start using actual logic in your arguments, seriously.

And to stop lying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Mar 5th, 2012 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
You're backtracking while trying to back up your point.

Going to address the other point?

You need to start using actual logic in your arguments, seriously.

And to stop lying.

Wonder Woman has proven imo that she is the fastest Herald. Her reflexes is next to none. Pure speed, I would give the edge to numerous of people on that list over her...reflexes, I would only put Flash above her.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wonder Woman has proven imo that she is the fastest Herald. Her reflexes is next to none. Pure speed, I would give the edge to numerous of people on that list over her...reflexes, I would only put Flash above her.

I don't mind people believing she's the fastest; you can make that argument if you want. It's not unreasonable.

Stating as fact, or stating things that aren't true, though, aren't going to help your case.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 05:31 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

One writer who was butthurt because he was IIRC getting his *ss handed to him in a debate on the DC boards (Lol worthy) and it's suddenly fact.

Superman's at least as fast as Wonder Woman in terms of reflexes and his raw speed leaves hers in the dust. The best evidence would be their brief hand to hand encounter in sacrifice but Superman was hallucinating and torn by grief/rage so it's useless as conclusive evidence. On the other hand, there's Superman slapping her around like she owed him money in For Tomorrow etc.

Diana is pretty lucky that no Superman biased writers (Casey, Loeb etc.) ever gave a shit about a fight between the two (Too busy handling real business) like some of her writers are. He'd have probably torn her to pieces.

That was Green Arrow talking, not Superman. no expression

In the very same scene you're referring to by the way, Superman was heavily hinted at being faster than her:

But continue on Carver, I know logic isn't your strong suit.

For the record, Thor's reacted to heat vision before so I'll remember to note this if we ever discuss his reflexes.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Mar 5th, 2012 at 01:10 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 12:56 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 01:15 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

1. what does running have to do with reflex speed?
2. if you see it, then have the time to think of what to do before reacting, does that even count as a reflex action?
3. do people even know what reflex action is?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 03:37 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Re: Re: Reflex speed.

Based upon maybe more my perceptions of the memorable feats rather than scans you guys are posting..

Tier 1

Flash

Tier 2
Superman
Silver surfer
Wonder woman
Martian Manhunter
Gladiator

Tier 3
Orion
Thor
Beta ray bill

Tier 4
Green Lantern (Hal jordan)
Quasar
Nova

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:02 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I would put Nova up there with Superman and Gladiator. He have some amazing fts.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
flash is in his own league.
I was about to say this thumb up. On panel, Flash has reacted by the attosecond/picosecond/femtosecond. That puts him in a category far and away above pretty much anyone/thing else in comics.

Flash himself said it best:
(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 5th, 2012 at 04:23 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Where Supes/WW are concerned, I have never seen Dianna perceive events on THIS kind of 'time table':
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
"Now that I've sped up my senses to match Flash's speed, it's like the whole world has just FROZEN in place around us."

Not saying her reactions aren't faster than Superman's, but I've never seen her speed up her perceptions to such a degree that time essentially stops around her (something Supes effortlessly accomplished)..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 5th, 2012 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Mar 5th, 2012 04:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote