KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (173): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links

Coruscant Orbit

The camera pans across a great swathe of space traffic around Coruscant, perhaps the busiest 'airspace' in the galaxy. Ships of all sizes and descriptions flow, glide or lumber past. The point of view moves closer into the planet, where we see many of the fixed installations that exist in close orbit- communications satellites, defence installations, hyperspace modules for Jedi starfighters...

Then one larger installation comes into view- s space station, large and modern looking, foreboding and grey, and with very few windows. A large shuttle coming up from the surface has just docked with it. The camera pans in to the arrival area- one of the view places with an outside view- but says in space, so we see but not hear what is going on inside.

Descending out from the shuttle are all of you- Roan and the Jedi, Xeth and the Renegades; all with a mixture of stern and curious looks. Coming to great you is a man in a neat white uniform, who offers his hand to Roan and you start to talk. The man, despite his polite gesture, does not seem happy. The camera pans along as you walk, and as it heads into an office- with many certificates on the walls- now we can only see the man you are talking to as he gets increasingly frustrated. Eventually, though, things seem to move on. All of you move off together, deeper into the station.

We see in sparse windows how you walk through the complex, continuing to look around in curiosity. Every so often, you come to a giant metal bulkhead, which is only opened after a number of actions are taken by the man in the white uniform. You do not meet anyone else on your journey.

Eventually, you come to your destination- but you do not enter it. You stand outside the room you have come to, where a large observation window affords a look inside. The window is slightly less than transparent, as the material is extremely thick and toughened to withstand damage. Inside, all there seems to be is gloom- and the silhouette of a being on the ground.

The camera finally pans in through a small window and the man in the white uniform can be heard.

“... has no choice in the matter; if I activate the link he can hear us and we him. But he cannot see us from his side until I activate that feature for him also.” He pushes a button and speaks into a microphone. “Now, listen to me. You have...”

“I have visitors,” comes a soft voice from inside. It sounds cultured and well-spoken, yet there is an edge on it that it hard to define, and seems to unsettle the listener.”

“What makes you think that?”

“I know.”

“Come now, we've talked about this before. You can do better than that. You've never talked about visitors before.”

“It's never been the right time before. I've been waiting. Hello Roan, hello Xeth. I am looking forward to meeting all your new friends.”

The two named Jedi exchange uneasy glances.

“Now listen to me. You must not exhibit...”

“Talking of disappointments, how can you not have thought I would know this? I see many things, and one advantage of being locked in a room I cannot leave is that one becomes marvellously focussed on what is going to come. Any tiny change echoes through causality. You really thought I wouldn't know? I didn't expect you to to know my other two reasons, but that you should have known. I'd express disappointment but your incompetence is terribly predictable.”

“Cease that behaviour at once! I am not here to argue with you!”

“No, but you did not want to be here at all, and finally I have someone worth talking to, and I am sure they are keen. You see, my second reason for knowing was simple logic, which I knew you would have trouble with. It was always going to be this way. Something has changed, and now the activities of Kuylen in the days before Avalar have stopped being an idle curiosity and started to become a vital matter. And I know why.”

“These people...”

Syphar n Kalar!” the silhouette exclaims- have shout, half snarl. He starts to laugh. “Yes., Your reactions tell me all I need to know. The third reason then.”

A beep sounds as the electronic clock, one of the few things in the room inside, strikes the hour.

“It is time...

“Listen to me!”

“Let me see. I should see as well as feel you, if you want me to speak.”

“Whether you speak or not...”

“... is ultimately down to me, and I wish to see. There can be no harm in that.”

“Very well..” says the man, irritably, and presses another control. In a flash, the silhouette stands and reaches a hand forwards in the Grip stance, causing a number of the Jedi to reach for their sabres- or maybe even activate depending on your mood- and for the man in the white uniform to give a shriek and jerk back. But the silhouette is just laughing.

“Oh, too easy, doctor. As if I would waste my time killing a wretch like you. Such a tiny moment of pleasure as opposed to the problems it would cause me....”

The silhouette takes a step forwards.

“Adelmo is back. You need my help. I am willing to give it to you... on my terms.”

“You will get no terms! Do you really think we would release you just because...”

Release me? Oh doctor, you really are entirely bereft of imagination. You think I would ask for anything so tedious? Do you really think I even care? Do you think I need to trick you into letting me do you harm? Do you not understand? You really think this place can hold me? That anything can? I am patient. I have stayed here waiting for this time to come. And now it has.”

The silhouette finally steps forwards towards the glass, his tall form becoming visible as he does so. You can see his smile.

“Time for you to get to know me then. I am Alik Saar. Come play my game.”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 19th, 2012 at 06:10 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 06:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

One day earlier

So, you have returned to Coruscant. Maybe you've come from Roan Trilanger's Jedi mission on the vault world of Tellannia, where you've been sifting through piles of evidence. Maybe you've come from a successful Renegade operation at Kovanis, where a gold exchange contract that was plagued by pirates and corporate deception has been sorted to the advantage of the exploited natives. Maybe you are another Jedi, just returned form dealing with recent disturbances caused by growing political unrest, and you have been assigned to Roan;s investigation. Or maybe you are one fo Xeth Tam's Renegade investigators who has been working on a mission deep in Hutt space for some while, now finally able to come back and see what this recent mess Xeth has got himself involved in is- it must be pretty significant for him to work with the Council on it.

So it is that a small army of Jedi is in the Council chambers, listening to Mace and Ki-Adi Mundi explain the situation. Yoda remains in grumpy silence.

The situation is this. The Jedi are following up on a spate of violent thefts from ancient sites around the Republic, all of which were totally destroyed in the raids so there was no way to tell what was stolen or why. The raider was a strange warrior named Kara Katai, who can use the Force but in ways that seem strange to you. Kara was working for someone bigger, whom the Jedi team has now identified as being 'The Lady Adelmo', a renegade from a far distant planet of Force Users- a long story there to be sure- who has been twisted by a frame of mind that maps very closely to the Dark Side, and appears to be looking for the 'Syphar n Kalar', an ancient and absolutely mythical story about an unbeatable Sith 'something' of no description whatsoever. Regardless, Adelmo's activities are highly dangerous, and she must be stopped. Recently there was success as Kara Katai has been detained, and it has bene hoped that her interrogation will give clues as to Adelmo's whereabouts or plans.

So, bad news first of all from Mundi.

“The woman 'Katai' will not talk. Her mind is exceptionally closed.”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 9th, 2012 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 06:02 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Roan looks around at all of the Jedi assembled, old and new. He gets some satisfaction from the seriousness with which his investigation is being treated, but he isn't completely calm. All of the recent incidents are swirling in his head. He has a bad feeling about all of it...

"I would have been very surprised if she had. All of my experiences with her indicate a woman who is incredibly focused."

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:09 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Nonetheless," adds Mundi in his careful tones, "our interrogation has not proven pointless."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:10 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Really? What did you learn?"

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:34 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"We have been trying an alternative approach with Katai," says Windu. "We've been exposing her to various stimuli related to the galaxy- news reports, people, places, music... we use some we know she has a connection to- from the planets she raided- and some that we have no reason to think she has had contact with. The Knight Trorn.."

"... mmmm...." mumbles Yoda. "Sensitive, that boy." Trorn has not been a boy for some time.

"... has been with her throughout, sensing her mind for any sign of recognition of the stimulus. Even the Dark Side can only cloud so much. We've built up a pattern of things she does and does not recognise or relate to."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:45 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Have there been any useful revelations gained from this method?"

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 07:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"It was Master Yoda's idea to show her material related to Larios Kuylen," says Mundi. Yoda makes no comment.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:04 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Roan's stomach drops at the mention of Kuylen.

"What was her response?"

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:27 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"It quickly became clear that Katai knew Kuylen," says Mundi. "And from there, we established that Adelmo did also. It seems they were working together."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:29 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Kuylen and Adelmo were in league?" Xeth chitters. "Well isn't that just brilliant. How did you suss that? Would Adelmo have been connected to any of the Mausoleum nonsense?"

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:33 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Damn. That is bad. Very very bad. Do you have any idea as to how much they were working together? Or even what their goal was?"

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, they don't think she was connected to any of that. Kuylen didn't get the Mausoleum's location until after he came back to the galactic scene; he needed the star maps from Avalar and the astrolabe that Ascar owned.

"And of course, none of you found even the slightest mention of her or things related to her at that time," says Windu. "Nor have any traces been found at any part of the Damagran Confederacy, from Avalar to Jaglan Beta to Damagran itself. Nor is there any evidence she visited Dordellus. If she knew of Zeiton and Darth Demnos, she did not pursue it."

Mundi continues

"The link between Kuylen and Adelmo is a gap in our knowledge. But there has always been a sizeable gap in our knowledge about Kuylen's activities."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:39 PM
Brit
Duchess

"Is it not a mystery what happened to him or where he went after he abdicated his position in the Order?" Jelena asks. "Or what even convinced him to turn to the Dark Side?"

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:43 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin is more concerned about Rand's involvement in the whole thing, wondering if there was any connection between Rand and Kuylen that she had missed or when Rand became mixed up with Adelmo.

She keeps quiet for now, musing.

Nice trick.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 08:47 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"These are indeed mysteries," says Mundi. "There is a long gap between his faked death and war in Damagran that exposed his existence. As a result of the mission to Damagran, we discovered one of his major operations was building up his triple alliance with Pelloran and Faylar; many of his followers were involved there. Yet it is also clear he had at least one other set of operations that we know very little of."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 09:00 PM
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Denzral shuffled his robe a bit standing to left and slightly behind Jelena. "What do we know?" He asked.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 09:51 PM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"What did that consist of?" Gallagher asks about the separate operations.

He is nervous about all of this and keeping D'an close.

Last edited by Alkaselzer on Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2012 11:35 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"We know very little. We know it involved a trade in artefacts, as he used to bring the pieces to Ascar for verification. We also know he was involved in many other cultures, like his extorted subjugation of the warrior people of Belseraphon. Much of it remains a mystery, but the artefact trade ties in with Adelmo's area of operations.

"We only have one possible lead to find out more. It's a lead we've had for some time, but we've never been able to make use of it. Now it is too important for us to avoid pressing the issue. Your orders in the first place are to go to Orbital Detention Centre One. It;s a Bureau facility in Coruscant orbit. There you must speak to Alik Saar- the one person from Kuylen's operations we have in custody, ever since Zeiton."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 12:03 AM
Rio Rio

Rast will have joined up with this merry band here. He probably did not work for Xeth since he tends to go it alone.

"What do we already know about this guy?" Rast asks. "How long have we had him locked up? Will he even want to talk to us?"

Old Post Mar 10th, 2012 12:36 AM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote