KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (173): « First ... « 168 169 [170] 171 172 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin disembarks with Wentar, staying close to him as he greets the welcoming party. She knows that, out here on the fringe of civilized space, the Renegades of the group will be able to talk the talk with these people.

She opts to keep her Selenian pistol and her lightsabers close at hand... just in case words don't work as well as they hope.

Nice trick.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 09:44 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"Destiny awaits," Gallagher says to Roan, Andro, and their Padawans. "I can feel that several threads will meet here... and I'm not sure if I'm relieved or worried."

Gallagher will venture out of Roan's ship but makes sure to let the Renegades take the lead, his anxiety over this whole situation slightly relieved when Wentar shouts out a hello before he does.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 10:02 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena hops out of the Twilight Dancer and stows her flight helmet before walking up with Wentar, probably having traded her Jedi robes for something rugged yet attractive.

"Be ready for anything, Essallin."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Oct 11th, 2015 10:09 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alkaselzer
"Destiny awaits," Gallagher says to Roan, Andro, and their Padawans. "I can feel that several threads will meet here... and I'm not sure if I'm relieved or worried."

Gallagher will venture out of Roan's ship but makes sure to let the Renegades take the lead, his anxiety over this whole situation slightly relieved when Wentar shouts out a hello before he does.

Andro unclips his saber and nods to Argo to do the same, "With everything we've gone through these past few years?" He slides his saber up his sleeve, concealing it where he can get to it fast, "I'm worried."

"Let's go meet our new friends."

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 03:44 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well then, the approaching group forms a vague semi-circle around you guys, facing your ships.

Rather like the various ships around you, they are a disparate bunch, dressed not unlike some of the Renegades amongst you, representing a wide variety of cultures and experiences; there are cloaks and ponchos and jackets. Many wear goggles, others wear masks- the bright sun is likely part of that.

Many of them are also armed to the teeth. Two of them have rail-guns- serious heavy weapons; explosive warheads fired via particle acceleration. Could make a mess of things.

The two who step forwards to speak seem acquainted; they seem to have some form of continuity of dress. Both are in light body armour of sombre colour and masked; they speak through a modulator. Both have the feel that they are not novices. One is more elegantly dressed beneath the armour; the other's clothing is worn and patched- but he carries his right hand slightly lower than his other. Some of you recognise the stance of someone ready to go for their weapon in a hurry if need be. He is the one that talks.

"Control told me some nonsense about Republican scavengers. You're a long way from home, and you've come somewhere very particular. Were you hoping to meet someone in particular here?"

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 12th, 2015 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 06:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin will take the lead, stepping to the forefront. She opens her mind to the Force and attempts to get a read on the man with the patchy armor, Scanning him. Not that she needs the Force to tell her that he's wary of them and ready to draw if need be.

"Scavengers? No, no. Explorers on a mapping expedition. We aren't looking for anyone in particular. We've got to admit, we didn't expect to find anyone out here at all. Our scanners show that the radiation levels are unusually low considering how close we are to the star."

Vera-Kin examines the bunch, sizing them up.

"What've we run into, out here? If I'm allowed to ask. Whatever you're doing, you're out in the middle of nowhere."

Nice trick.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2015 10:58 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Since I'm sitting on Force points at this point...

Gallagher will use Empathy to deduce the relationship between the two men leading the welcoming committee and see how they feel toward us.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 02:22 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Some form of friendship, you think, or at least relationship. The one speaking is somewhat more dominant but he listens to what the other has to say.

Incidentally, Gallagher, that was the second query from your vision. You don't feel you were particularly bold...

(Trick was to give them a name! To answer Roan though- good you were thinking that way but Lennah has been (effectively) dead too long to matter)

-

Btw, this place has the feel of some sort of giant camp- whether that's a summer camp (or holiday camp in the UK) or a prison camp is hard to tell. It's not just the temporary accommodation all round and the haphazard feel- it's the speakers. They keep throwing out messages all over, like this was a military exercise.

"Maintenance team required at Level 2C.

"Personal jet propulsion within the fortress is forbidden. The penalty is death."

"Command message is imminent. Be prepared."

He's reading as surprisingly calm, Vera.

The other one comments first, though.

"They said in orbit they were seeking artefacts."

The worn one takes it up from there.

"Oh dear. Not very good liars, are you? And I'd bet all my limbs you aren't any sort of survey group, with that firepower on your ships. Well. It doesn't matter anyway; you've come to the wrong place; the last place you'll ever come to. We'll keep your ships, though- they look good. We could do with more like that."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 13th, 2015 at 01:32 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 12:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Somebody better do some really smooth Lando worthy fast-talking, or I think the lightsabers are coming out. We really don't want to get all tore up this soon. Anyone good at BS that can make the two stories mesh? Mapping and scavenging? Scavenging on the side as we map for some entity who's funding our trip?)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 01:21 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a bit late for that- they are coming for you now. It wouldn't matter anyway- without answering either question with a name, the reaction is irrecoverably hostile.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 13th, 2015 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 01:30 PM
Craft
CTE

(Would any random name have done it? Or was it someone more specific?)

-

"We've come in peace!" Wentar yells, exasperated and fearing he has let the team down with his misinterpretation of Gallaghers's vision. "We can still discuss this, it doesn't have to come to violence!"

He raises his hands as if to surrender, to give these people one last chance to keep it diplomatic, but he knows it's too late. He's failed at gaining their trust and now it's come to violence. It's the paranoid nature of the Outer-Rim, he thinks to himself. No one ever feels safe. It's why I do this.

He keeps his focus on his lightsaber and prepares to call it if he senses the others doing so.

-

What's the plan? They're already hostile. Should we drop the charade if they wont let us come quietly and bring out the lightsabers or try keep some kind of cover but make it harder with guns and fists?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 02:18 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It had to be a name they knew.

It's beyond words- no-one will listen. I need actions.

The only cover is your own ships, and the heavy weapons makes that impractical.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 02:23 PM
Craft
CTE

(Damn... I suspect that name is either Saar or Adelmo, they're the only two people alive we know who've been here before.)

Very well then! To hell with subtlety. There's no point in keeping any cover if we're dead.

-

Wentar will still say his piece, but when it becomes clear they're not listening he will draw and activate his lightsaber. "Fine! Have it your way!"

He will move to the biggest threat to the group, one of the rail-gun wielders, and attempt to take him out before he can get a shot off.

-

Are we entering combat rounds? If so here's my load out and actions.

Orthodox Guard, Bodyguard and Block as my schticks.

If we get initiative: Tap Orthodox Guard, +1 Armour from Block, bodyguarding anyone close to me.

They get initiative: Tapping Orthodox Guard and Bodyguard. +1 Armour from Block.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 02:38 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

Vera-Kin shakes her head and throws out a Combat Push at Patchy before igniting her lightsabers and jumping after him.

She attacks with Orthodox Guard, Block (+1 Armor), and Charge, bringing her lightsabers across the front of his light armor and giving him a reason to add more patches to it.

Nice trick.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:05 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

If they want to show off their rail-guns, Xeth gladly shows off his grenade launcher. He lugs that into view from under his cloak and fires a grenade round into the group. He stays close to Wentar so he can benefit from Bodyguard.

Eye of the Storm, Dodge & Weave, Power Attack.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:11 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher pushes away the sinking feeling that he and the others did not properly heed a warning from the Force. He wades into the group of shooters with D'an at his side and attacks, using Cleave to cut down two of them.

Balanced Guard and Cleave since that's all I have!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:16 PM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena is also not happy that it devolved to violence right away. But if she needs to defend herself, she will! She ignites her purple lightsaber and shields Essallin with it, while she and her Padawan advance on... the elegant armored guy. She follows Vera's example and uses Combat Push to know her opponent off-kilter.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:22 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

Rast jumps in and immediately attacks a shooter using his fists.

Assault, Street Fighting, and DW.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:30 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

(Shit hit the fan immediately...)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 05:33 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Fine, I like it better this way anyways." Andro says to no one in particular as he flicks his hand fowrard to make his lightsaber appear in his hand. "Argo, advance! We have to take out those rail guns."

Orthodox/Cleave/Riposte

Old Post Oct 13th, 2015 09:40 PM