KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (173): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Her name is Elzair, and she was the secretary to a certain Gene Lennah, an exceptionally rich corporate type. Lennah is a collector of artefacts and it seemed Saar took an interest in them. Saar befriended Elzair as a way to get to Lennah's collection and steal parts of it. She testified about her part in helping him get access in return for immunity; she was also able to speak about the security guard he murdered in the process."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Andro wil use this Time to visit with his mentor, Master Tinn. He'll of course be taking Argo. Foremost on Andro's mind is to see what Tinn thingks of the progress he's made since the... 'Seinar Incident', as he's taken to thinking of it.

Andro has worked hard to correct his thinking, and has done so fairly well. The charge of a Padawan proves the council has little to no doubt in his mntal stability, but Anxro is curious to see what opinion Wise Saesee may have on his development since.

He figures it also wouldn't hurt to get his take on the current mission, and the various characters they're be dealing with.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:57 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well I will want to go talk to Elzair.
I will also ask Sunda what he things of this situation, especially the sort of shaky justice system that was used to put Saar behind bars.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 01:14 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, last call for other people wanting to use Merits, else you are off with Roan to see Elzair.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 11:04 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

I don't have much online time right now (wish things were moving a little slower). I will be online later. I will catch up then. Sorry guys.

A long time have I waited for this, my little green friend!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 11:18 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Nothing has even happened yet...

Xeth will get in touch with Gralus and see what the Taloraanians think about the Bureau, if they think anything at all.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 11:41 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

In that case Denz will go and get Soapy, or at least Soapys replacement, maybe an R2 unit in that case, and upload Soapy's memories to him. And while I am at it see what the Jedi Archives say about the Bureau's past maybe.

Last edited by Jedireaper on Mar 12th, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 11:43 AM
Jedireaper is currently offline Click here to Send Jedireaper a Private Message Find more posts by Jedireaper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

If I use my merit, will it be "disabled" for the rest of the play?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 12:24 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 12:37 PM
Craft
CTE

I have no merits that seem appropriate to this situation right now so Wentar's off to see Elzair with Roan!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 01:37 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

ok, in that case I don't see why I shouldn't use my contact... how did the bureau got into existence, who's the boss (before and behind the screen), what's their goal, do they seem "legit" (as in, are there rumors they are covering things up), ...
?

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 05:04 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedireaper
PSN ID > DarkJedireaper

Oddly enough that was what I was gonna look for... heh. But you go ahead in my place.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 11:32 PM
Brit
Duchess

Jelena will go with Roan.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 03:17 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

This is before we see the doctor, correct?

If so, Iffa will drop in on Master Fisto.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 07:36 AM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Elzair is a woman in her late 20s currently living in a Coruscant apartment. You are outside her door; how will you proceed?

Sunda thinks the word of the Jedi on Saar's threat should have been all that was needed.

-

Jovan- the Bureau was created as a result of new laws that came in after Kuylen caused a certain amount of devastation on Malastare (Xeth was present). The Jedi did not fully contain the situation and many died. Kuylen and his cronies fled and it became clear that the Republic lacked the structure to trace such criminals moving between worlds- the Republic is made up of sovereign worlds and if they do not co-operate with each other, many criminals can escape justice just by moving to a planet that does not recognise the jurisidction of the original world. The Jedi are the only 'federal' force around and there are not enough of them.

Its full name is the Bureau of Immigration and Undesirables. Its budget is invested into administration and advanced sensor systems; the idea is that they will identify and track dangerous criminals trying to move between worlds. A sensor net has been set up all over the galaxy to track the movement of certain marked ships (and it is now an offence to change or remove your ship's identification tag). Offenders are picked up at the immigration offices they have opened all over the galaxy. This netowrk located Kara Katai for you, last episode

The Republic is rather de-centralised and resistant to central authority, but the deaths on Malastare got the Bureau vote passed through. It was Palpatine himself that proposed t. it is run by Supervising Agents, with their own uniforms, and ultimately responsible to a Senatorial committee. It is as legitimate as they come.

The Archives have little to add; the Bureau is recent. They note the Bureau's part in catching Katai and also their interest in finding any remaining associates of Kuylen, as part of the legacy of Malastare. Similarly, they have also requested all files on known Dark Siders from the Jedi; the Bureau deals with all criminal types but there is this particular idea of trying to remove the Dark Side as a problem ever since Malastare and the bureau is keen to learn all it can, Hence ODC-1 being purpose-built for such criminals.

-

The Taloraanians know very little about the Bureau, except they quite often get criminal updates coming through about them and they are required to send certain sorts of information about space traffic in their sector. Every so often, an Agent comes along to check if their immigration procedures are up to scratch.

-

Tinn thinks you are doing just fine, Andro! But a question for you.

"Saar is the intellectual sort. What have you learned about dealing with clever Dark Siders?"

-

Rast- your lawyer will tell you that the Bureau has tremendous legal powers. Their Agents have the power of arrest if (and only if), chasing a known interstellar criminal, which gives them the same authority as a Jedi in such circumstances. Beyond that, they have the power to levy enormous fines or penal sentences on any person or organisation that is thought to be obstructing their progress. Objections to the power of the Bureau have been part of the recent political divisions with the outer worlds that spilled into the recent riots and the growing independence movement.

It is by far the most legally powerful organisation in the Republic bar the Jedi themselves, and with much more manpower. Obviously they lack your martial prowess and general reputation, and they didn't make waves over Katai as they knew that only the Jedi could have caught her- in theory, nothing obligated them to aid Xeth and the others catching her; they could have kept the case internal.

But your lawyer friend will point out... you as Jedi can hardly complain about the power they have. The Jedi's is greater and there is nothing remotely democratic about the process by which you get them- the Jedi choose and train their own

"Of course, you gave that authority up," he adds. "Hope you aren't regretting that."

-

What did you want to ask Fisto about, Iffa?

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 02:00 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Is...is this me?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 05:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As in the thread you should be posting in? Yup!

BtVS

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 05:47 PM
Rio Rio

Wow okay he was helpful, cool.

"That is part of the reason I have you," Rast will say to his lawyer (I need to name him). "I can't imagine they're good at catching anyone with Jedi powers. Not as good as the Jedi anyway."

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 05:56 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

(Heh, that statement is great Rand, as that is exactly what they are designed to do... You should go ask the darkies about "Osokans"...)

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 06:33 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

(Darkie popping in here to say "**** THE BUREAU AND THOSE GODDAMN PIGS".)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2012 06:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote