KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Plagueis Versus Darth Caedus

Darth Plagueis Versus Darth Caedus
Started by: Battlemaster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by truejedi
Some deity had been tipped from its throne. The father perhaps? I love how this book comes out, and mere months later, Apocalypse wipes out, or contradicts at the very least, i guess whatever your opinion is, what happened to tip the force to the dark side.

wut?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

FOTJ just came to closure. It provides insight into what tipped the balance of the force. It mentions nothing about Plageious or Sidious.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:44 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

FOTJ just came to closure. It provides insight into what tipped the balance of the force. It mentions nothing about Plageious or Sidious.

There is a passage in Apocalypse from an omniscient or otherwise extremely well educated source indicating that the shifting of the Force's balance in the PT was the product of someone other than Plagueis and/or Sidious?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Herbert Spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Herbert Spencer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Yoda/Luke/Killiks. So I mean... Pretty good sources.Not omniscient, I'll give you that. But as reliable as Sidious, who admittedly didn't truly understand the process himself. Especially together? Yeah, probably.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 02:59 AM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yoda/Luke/Killiks. So I mean... Pretty good sources.Not omniscient, I'll give you that. But as reliable as Sidious, who admittedly didn't truly understand the process himself. Especially together? Yeah, probably.

You're being very vague. I haven't found a single reference to this phenomenon that remotely contradicts Plagueis's ritual beyond Thuruht's distorted recollections and, per Denning, "The Killiks really don’t remember anything quite accurately. It’s all filtered through the minds of people who’ve become Joiners."

Would you mind being a little more specific as to Yoda's and Luke's beliefs?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:04 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

I finished book myself. This book raised only more questions and interpretations about what is balance in the Force, when it was tipped, how and how many times, was it restored or not and whether Anakin really restored balance. I will share my thoughts in relevant topic.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

I think Luke is the one who realizes that Anakin's rejection of the throne of Mortis let the force slip out of balance and spin towards the dark side.

His information about Mortis, came from Yoda.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:18 AM
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

{Mine is a digital copy on Notepad, excuse the lack of page numbers.}

quote:
"Thuruht believes that a change in the Current caused Abeloth's release," Raynar said, summarizing for his companions. He turned back to Thuruht. "But the Jedi believe the future is always in motion. So I have trouble seeing why a change in the Current would release Abeloth."

quote:

You know, Thuruht replied. Abeloth was freed the same way she is always freed. The Current was turned.

The current of time? Raynar asked. He thought of Jacen Solo and his flow-walking. Tahiri had told the Masters that she was convinced that Jacen fell to the dark side trying to prevent some tragic event that he had seen in the future, and that he had been fond of using flow-walking to look at both directions in time. Or do you mean the Force current?

Is there a difference? It is the Force that guides the future.

quote:
And when the Current turns, Thuruht said, it is the Force that suffers.

quote:
"Yes," Thuruht replied. "The Force guides the Current. It is impossible to turn the Current without also changing the Force."

"And that is what frees Abeloth," Raynar clarified.

"Yes," Thuruht agreed. "The Force is in the dominion of the Celestials. When their power is usurped, the Bringer of Chaos comes."

^ From Thuruht, there is no contradiction. Abeloth is released after the balance is tipped.

I think Luke is the one who realizes that Anakin's rejection of the throne of Mortis let the force slip out of balance and spin towards the dark side.

quote:
Luke nodded. "Of course," he said. "But there isn't a lot to tell. In Yoda's story, Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker encountered the Father when he was dying. The Son and the Daughter were at odds because the Son wanted to take the Father's place. The Father told Anakin that he had been chosen to assume the Father's place-and keep the balance between the two siblings. When Anakin refused, matters came to a head. The Ones fought, all three were slain, and their world died with them."

^ Again, no contradiction in sight.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:23 AM
ares834

Here are two quotes.

"His father’s refusal to become the new Keeper of the Balance had set off a terrible chain of events. All three of the Ones had died, and now the Force was out of Balance.
Looking back over the last half a century, it certainly seemed to Luke there had been a shift toward chaos."

And shortly after.

"The galaxy was tipping toward darkness before their eyes, and as far as Luke could see, the Jedi and their allies were the only ones capable of restoring Balance. If they did not dedicate themselves completely to the light all would be lost."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:34 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Thank you ares: And this:

Luke nodded. "Of course," he said. "But there isn't a lot to tell. In Yoda's story, Obi-Wan and Anakin Skywalker encountered the Father when he was dying. The Son and the Daughter were at odds because the Son wanted to take the Father's place. The Father told Anakin that he had been chosen to assume the Father's place-and keep the balance between the two siblings. When Anakin refused, matters came to a head. The Ones fought, all three were slain, and their world died with them."

The book insinuates that the death of the Ones was what tipped the balance of the force to the dark side.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:38 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Look at it this way.
The Ones were beings of the Force. They did not exist infinitively but appeared around 100k years ago(not a fact). They experienced emotions like normal human beings. They could die and they did.
They withdrew from influencing the galaxy inside monolith, which means father did not want to affect the galaxy in any way.
So. Are they really the true keepers of the balance in entire galaxy or it is just a father trying to live in piece with his kids? Are they really gods or just another example of powerful Force beings that could reshape the galaxy the way they wanted but galaxy would live better without someone as powerful as them? And, moreover, how could their death affect the whole galaxy, if they withdrew from it anyway? And what if son just happened to be kind like sister, would that ruin the galaxy?

Was it really Anakin's destiny to take the father's place or it is just a father trying to find someone to look after his kids? Is it really destiny of the Force or just an example of someone's egoism?
Son showed Anakin his future as Darth Vader. Maybe this is the real Anakin's destiny?

See how opened all this new information to interpretation?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:44 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Herbert Spencer
Restricted

Account Restricted

ty

There's no real contradiction, though. Plagueis & Sidious were active participants in the ritual; Yoda's information is second hand, Luke's is third hand. The Force's imbalance was established by Mace to have occurred prior to the films in TPM and AOTC, which chronologically precede the Father's death in the Mortis trilogy.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 03:55 AM
ares834

Originally posted by Arhael
Was it really Anakin's destiny to take the father's place or it is just a father trying to find someone to look after his kids? Is it really destiny of the Force or just an example of someone's egoism?

Until Apocalypse came out I always thought the Ones didn't actually "exist". Rather they were like the Vader illusion that Luke confronts in the dark side cave. So of Anakin "stayed behind" it wouldn't be that he literally took the Father's place and lived on Mortis but rather he would give up on his worldly desires (Padme).

Originally posted by Arhael
Son showed Anakin his future as Darth Vader. Maybe this is the real Anakin's destiny?

The Jedi Covenant also have a vision of Vader almost 4000 years before. Anyway, I've always thought it was a cool idea that Anakin didn't merely bring balance to the force by destroying the Sith but also the Old Jedi Order as they had grown stagnant and ineffective. This would then allow Luke's new superior Order grow.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 04:08 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Nephthys
I found a comprehensive respect thread on Plagueis. After reading it I definately think he can take Jacen.

You post in the OBD?

The North Remembers

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, I lurk.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2012 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gideongarner01

Sabers would go to caedus by a fair margin
Force is hard. They are both monsters in the force but considering caedus has surpassed ROTS sidious in terms of force usage I’d say he’s a little above Plagueis. I am all out duel caedus takes a 6-7/10 majority.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2019 11:42 PM
Click here to Send gideongarner01 a Private Message Find more posts by gideongarner01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meatpants

Plagueis takes sabers, Force and all-out.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2019 03:34 AM
Click here to Send Meatpants a Private Message Find more posts by Meatpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote