KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Can any country beat the U.S in war??

Can any country beat the U.S in war??
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
laughing out loud
Slight mistake, i thought it was navy when i did my research.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:06 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Which doesn't make it any less effective of an Air Force...besides, they upgrade all their planes to suit their specific needs so they're different aircraft than the ones we use.
Our air force would still rolfstomp them in war.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:07 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Numbers aren't the only things that win wars. Where we're fighting, how we're doing it also count. As does timing, preparation, availability of supplies and to safe bases.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:14 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Slight mistake, i thought it was navy when i did my research.

You clearly didn't do much research if you confused the navy with the air force...

Based on what?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:14 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

How's this list make out ?

http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:25 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

The US has no domestic manufacturing base and therefore no strategic industries making us dependent on foreign countries. Our infrastructure is crumbling, and our power and communications grids have fallen significantly behind. For all our toys, see how we fair in an invasion when our resources are cutoff.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:26 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

There is no country on the planet that can challenge United States dominance in a conventional battle.

But on the other hand, it's important to look at the last ten years as a reminder that we're not invincible. The rules of engagement are important. We could kick China's military in the ass, but could we successfully occupy their country? Doubtful.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 06:14 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Numbers aren't the only things that win wars. Where we're fighting, how we're doing it also count. As does timing, preparation, availability of supplies and to safe bases.
We have numbers higher quality, much higher budget than any country, and more foreign bases though

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Mar 11th, 2012 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 02:48 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
There is no country on the planet that can challenge United States dominance in a conventional battle.

But on the other hand, it's important to look at the last ten years as a reminder that we're not invincible. The rules of engagement are important. We could kick China's military in the ass, but could we successfully occupy their country? Doubtful.
I think we could kick china and russia military ass at the same time.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 02:50 PM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Don Corleone
How's this list make out ?

http://www.globalfirepower.com/
Its true but the US should be in its own category when our navy> the following 15 most powerful countries combined.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 02:54 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Darth Jello
The US has no domestic manufacturing base

This is absurdly false. And, as of late, more and more companies are coming back to America to do their manufacturing. Blame it on the economic recession we have had the last few years...but it has been good for businesses.

and therefore no strategic industries making us dependent on foreign countries.

A ridiculous conclusion based on a false premise.

Our infrastructure is crumbling

The opposite is true. It is improving.

and our power and communications grids have fallen significantly behind.

This is only partially true. In some ways, the US has a much better communications system than others. In some areas, we are ahead of much of the world in communications. Still, in others, we are behind. For instance, you can get close to 100Mbps download speed in New Jersey in some areas but in Montana, you'll be lucky to get DSL.

We are testing, in Kansas, a 1000Mbps residential speed service for internet. Imagine this deploying to most of the US? I look forward to it. big grin

For all our toys, see how we fair in an invasion when our resources are cutoff.

Yeah, how could we possibly survive with plenty of weapons, food, and energy resources against a fairly impossible invasion scenario? big grin

Last edited by dadudemon on Mar 11th, 2012 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 04:05 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

I would have to see it to believe it.

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 04:13 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Well, everyone in Russia and China are safe. As Vizzini says, "Never go into a land war against Asia."

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:06 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

is it true that china will exceed us in 10 years?

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:34 PM
tsilamini

it really depends on what you mean by "beat" and "war"

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 05:37 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ive just realised this is all based on non nuclear war.

Russia has far more nukes than any country even the us.

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 09:57 PM
Flyattractor

Ive just realised this is all based on non nuclear war.

Russia has far more nukes than any country even the us.

Thats true. But then back in the day The US wasn't run by a bunch of pinko commie hippies like it is now.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:11 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay lets say it is non nuclear war. Wouldnt a country want to bomb our major cities and bases? Or can the usa prevent all bombing attemps?
Can icbms be shot down?

I have returned

Old Post Mar 11th, 2012 11:34 PM
dadudemon

Can icbms be shot down?

Colossus-Big C, please use "Google" more often.

Almost every last question you ask, as of late, can easily be answered with less than 1 minute of Google searching.

The answer to your question is "yes". Missile defense systems have been worked on for decades and the technology is just now maturing. Look up GBI and missiles to read about stuff.

Or just google search "shoot down ICBMs". Yes, you can "ask" google search questions just like that and it finds the answer for you. no expression

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 01:03 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Why should he google it when he can get saps like you and I to answer these questions for him?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2012 01:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote