KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Letters vs Dum Dum Dugan BattleZone

Letters vs Dum Dum Dugan BattleZone
Started by: Dum Dum Dugan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
what? you mean i still gotta vote??
laughing out loud

It's only a few posts.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 5th, 2012 03:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

what? you mean i still gotta vote??
stop shirking your duty...I was trying to be a good samaratan and cover for you, but now it's on you.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 5th, 2012 03:40 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Starscream M
stop shirking your duty...I was trying to be a good samaratan and cover for you, but now it's on you.

laughing out loud

well, not sure i can provide the same level of insight as you can, but i guess i can take up the reins again. you're prodding is annoying though, and actually makes me want to put off my vote until....i don't know, maybe next week sometime? i'll see how much time i get this weekend. smile

Old Post May 5th, 2012 12:54 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

laughing out loud

well, not sure i can provide the same level of insight as you can, but i guess i can take up the reins again. you're prodding is annoying though, and actually makes me want to put off my vote until....i don't know, maybe next week sometime? i'll see how much time i get this weekend. smile
well, maybe I wouldn't have to prod if you had you know....done your job

as it is, your vote seems to be the sole judge vote and it will determine the victor...so I look forward to reading your final opinion

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 5th, 2012 02:15 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Well, this BZ kind of fell apart after the opening posts. I would have liked to see a full debate but Dum Dum went MIA. erm

The tough part about judging this sort of debate is that I have to forget everything I know about the characters and rely on the debaters.

The MA skills debate was a wash imo. They are both high end in MA skills.

The speed edge goes to Wolverine. But I don't think it's a deciding factor since Batman has displayed enough skill and had gadgets to even the field.

When I finished reading Dum Dum's posts I had him winning. I think he countered Letters' intial posts with scans and commentary. And half of Letters' scans were too small to read. Again, I have to forget everything I know about the characters and base a decision off the debate.

But then Letters comes back with 11 posts which went without a counter argument from Dum Dum. I can't really ignore that fact.

My decision goes to Letters based on Dum Dum not rebutting 11 posts. Not a great way to win, but a win is a win I guess.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:08 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This means now that Batman beats Wolverine since a mod agreed already, whoever disagrees gets banned.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:40 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Starscream M
well, maybe I wouldn't have to prod if you had you know....done your job

as it is, your vote seems to be the sole judge vote and it will determine the victor...so I look forward to reading your final opinion

well (A) you're not involved, so i have no idea why you care or why you think your 'prodding' will have any meaning.

(b) i signed on voluntarily, to judge when time for ME permits. i fit this around MY schedule. i've judged enough and competed enough to know that rule quite well. i've waited a lot longer then this for judges votes to come in.

and (c) for future reference--prodding leads to a LESSER willingness to do....whatever you want me to do. no expression

that said, i too vote LETTERS.

this was weird for me. all that discussion about top 10 ma's was....a useless waste of words imo. this wasn't going to be won on h2h skill. if it got to that point, bats would lose.

this came down to logan's hf vs bat's gear and his ability to temporarily incapacitate logan long enough to constitute a forum win.

dum relied on the old--logan runs through everything bats can throw at him and cuts him up. the non-rebutted portion from letters showed a lot of tech/gear that would make this very difficult though. a combo of gas/explosives and particularly the foam (which really went uncontested as standard) made me think this combo would work to incapacitate logan long enough to give bats the win here.

perhaps with further debating, dum could have convinced me. as it was, there was a lot of wasted words imo on an area that didn't mean particularly much. i needed to see more ways logan could counter the tech, and less how he could beat bats (which was evident) if it came to straight h2h. for letters parts, i think he could have focused much MORE on the tech side, since i think that is the only real way bats had a chance. as it was, he did just enough to earn my vote.

this could have been an epic bz, but..... it was what it was and i don't think it was necessarily indicative of the way another bz might go between these 2 characters. :/

Old Post May 5th, 2012 08:47 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Bentley
This means now that Batman beats Wolverine since a mod agreed already, whoever disagrees gets banned.

laughing out loud

Congrats Letters.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 5th, 2012 09:20 PM
Letters

Cool. Thanks to all the judges for taking the time and also be serious about it. I had a lot of fun compiling and researching the info, I also tried to keep it as truthful as possible and even conceded points when proven wrong.

Its a shame Dum Dum wasn't. Able to continue for whatever reason. It may have been a weird way to win, but then again if there was a problem with my argument Dum Dum should have been able to easily address it.

I am very impressed with the non biased judges and it really shows a lot about your character.

Even if Batman may not defeat Wolverine every time, to prove it he needs a better lawyer to take on Letters- The Master of Words lol smile

Old Post May 6th, 2012 01:59 AM
Letters is currently offline Click here to Send Letters a Private Message Find more posts by Letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Letters
Cool. Thanks to all the judges for taking the time and also be serious about it. I had a lot of fun compiling and researching the info, I also tried to keep it as truthful as possible and even conceded points when proven wrong.

Its a shame Dum Dum wasn't. Able to continue for whatever reason. It may have been a weird way to win, but then again if there was a problem with my argument Dum Dum should have been able to easily address it.

I am very impressed with the non biased judges and it really shows a lot about your character.

Even if Batman may not defeat Wolverine every time, to prove it he needs a better lawyer to take on Letters- The Master of Words lol smile

Congrats. You should battle for the KMC street level title.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 02:34 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why would dum dum ask for a battlezone and then not rebut his arguments ? Awful.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by quanchi112
Why would dum dum ask for a battlezone and then not rebut his arguments ? Awful.
He hasn't been on KMC since his last post. Maybe school, work, pc issues, personal stuff, etc.

I would have liked to see the debate go on though.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:41 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Badabing
He hasn't been on KMC since his last post. Maybe school, work, pc issues, personal stuff, etc.

I would have liked to see the debate go on though.
To me that doesn't matter because letters gave him a chance to extend the deadline. Now look at letters bragging it's official that Batman won over Wolverine. He's bragging he beat dum dum all over the net.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,242113.0.html

Old Post May 6th, 2012 05:30 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^ lol

that IS funny. i find it hilarious that he proclaimed it 'official' when really all it was was 2 guys opinions on a debate that really wasn't even completed for whatever reason.

this bz will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the outcome of a battle between these characters, and it certainly doesn't make it 'official' that batman beats logan! lol

the only thing 'official' is that letters beat dum in a debate. that's it.

i mean, congrats letters, but methinks you're putting a little more stock in this thing than is warranted. but.....whatever. have fun with it i guess. smile

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:26 PM
FlyingAces

What's even funnier is the "win" seems to be more by default than having solid arguments.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:30 PM
FlyingAces is currently offline Click here to Send FlyingAces a Private Message Find more posts by FlyingAces Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

How cute. A few other no-name socksters crawling out of the woodwork to cry some more.

Congrats, Letters, for the effort and for the match. Superman is still stronger, faster, etc. than Diana, though. thumb up smile

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 6th, 2012 04:56 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Old Post May 6th, 2012 05:04 PM
Letters

Originally posted by Don Corleone
Congrats. You should battle for the KMC street level title.

Thank you sir! Yea that sounds fun, maybe I will.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 06:06 PM
Letters is currently offline Click here to Send Letters a Private Message Find more posts by Letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Letters

^ lol

that IS funny. i find it hilarious that he proclaimed it 'official' when really all it was was 2 guys opinions on a debate that really wasn't even completed for whatever reason.

this bz will do nothing to change anyone's mind about the outcome of a battle between these characters, and it certainly doesn't make it 'official' that batman beats logan! lol

the only thing 'official' is that letters beat dum in a debate. that's it.

i mean, congrats letters, but methinks you're putting a little more stock in this thing than is warranted. but.....whatever. have fun with it i guess. smile

Oh I'm milking it for all its worth bro. And I wouldn't sell your opinion short, you and bada and PR are considered to be respected posters on both herochat and KMC.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 06:10 PM
Letters

Originally posted by FlyingAces
What's even funnier is the "win" seems to be more by default than having solid arguments.

You really think so? Maybe you would care to discuss it after I blow up the Batman vs Wolverine thread in the vs forum.

Old Post May 6th, 2012 06:11 PM