KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone Discussion: Naija boy vs Newjak. WBHulk vs FP Kuurth. Strength comparison

Battlezone Discussion: Naija boy vs Newjak. WBHulk vs FP Kuurth. Strength comparison
Started by: Naija boy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naija boy

After going through the initial WBH vs Thor slug fest thread. Id like to switch out PR for another judge. No offence PR as i think you are more than capable but i noticed that you seemed to already agree with some of what Newjak stated in that thread (possibly due to Carver the anti-hulk but still) which sort of spawned this whole debate. I already have my first post typed up but i want to clear up the judging issue before posting it.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Last edited by Naija boy on Apr 5th, 2012 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:05 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

If we went through all the WBH vs Someone fist fight threads what do you think the odds are that we'll find posts from all the judges that would lean to one side or the other in our debate?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Might I suggest having the debate first then deciding on the judges. Deciding the judges is the worst and you hope the judge will decide who wins the debate based on the debaters not their own personal opinion regarding the matchup.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 02:36 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
If we went through all the WBH vs Someone fist fight threads what do you think the odds are that we'll find posts from all the judges that would lean to one side or the other in our debate?

I actually agree with this. You aren't going to find someone here who doesn't already have an opinion on this one way or the other. If your argument is clear and strong enough, you should have no problem convincing someone the opposite of what they currently believe... Unless Naija is saying that Pr is biased. But I don't think that's what he's trying to say.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Last edited by Odekahn on Apr 5th, 2012 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 04:06 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

On second thought no worries. I was iniitially tentative because i looked over it and Pr was present within the thread that sparked the entire debate in which Carver was advocating pro hulk positions and unfortunately doing more harm than good to the overall argument (no offense Carver big grin ) with Pr even having to correct him on some issues. Hence for a sec i thought Carver mightve permanently tainted his view of the issues in question (which often happens where good ol carver is involved) However Pr is one of the more fair and balanced posters around here and so ill trust his objectivity in approaching the discussion.

Last edited by Naija boy on Apr 5th, 2012 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2012 04:06 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

So is this not happening? I was looking forward to seeing it.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 07:14 AM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Naija boy
On second thought no worries. I was iniitially tentative because i looked over it and Pr was present within the thread that sparked the entire debate in which Carver was advocating pro hulk positions and unfortunately doing more harm than good to the overall argument (no offense Carver big grin ) with Pr even having to correct him on some issues. Hence for a sec i thought Carver mightve permanently tainted his view of the issues in question (which often happens where good ol carver is involved) However Pr is one of the more fair and balanced posters around here and so ill trust his objectivity in approaching the discussion.
Sounds good

So with that out of the question the only thing I want to verify for certain is how much stronger is Naji trying to state WBH is stronger than Savage Hulk. We'll use that as the base line.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on Apr 8th, 2012 at 02:05 PM

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 02:03 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Ok im about to put up my first posts but i want to calrify Newjak if you are going to be making a positive case for anything or if you are merely going to be trying to counter my arguments?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 03:21 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok im about to put up my first posts but i want to calrify Newjak if you are going to be making a positive case for anything or if you are merely going to be trying to counter my arguments?
Does it matter?

The point is for you to prove WBH is what 10 times stronger than any other version of Hulk, while I'm trying to prove that isn't true.

From that point on it doesn't matter how I argue, unless I'm missing something.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 03:41 PM
Naija boy

Im asking this because if we get the same number of posts, and I have to take a certain amount of posts establishing my argument (which i assure u is very comprehensive), then u get to simply try to rebut them with all your posts then it is uneven. I would have less posts available for actually engaging you in crossfire debate since i would have to use some of them to establish the argument and present evidence in the first place

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 03:45 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Im asking this because if we get the same number of posts, and I have to take a certain amount of posts establishing my argument (which i assure u is very comprehensive), then u get to simply try to rebut them with all your posts then it is uneven. I would have less posts available for actually engaging you in crossfire debate since i would have to use some of them to establish the argument and present evidence in the first place
You're first post should cover that fairly well I would think. As for how I go about this debate is up to me, whether I want to prove a positive or not or just try and debunk any argument you have.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 03:47 PM
Naija boy

^No, the case goes beyond my first post which is the issue. As i said, it is very comprehensive. Since im having to both establish my case to the judges and then go into the debate defending it from any of your attempted refutations it is uneven if i have the same amount of posts since i have much more to do in the same space

Last edited by Naija boy on Apr 9th, 2012 at 04:03 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 03:50 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

^No, the case goes beyond my first post which is the issue. As i said, it is very comprehensive. Since im having to both establish my case to the judges and then go into the debate defending it from any of your attempted refutations it is uneven if i have the same amount of posts since i have much more to do.
The case is simply what we both agree to be the stipulations of the match.

Is WBH more than 10 times stronger than any other incarnation of Hulk.

We each get 12 posts to to show either for or against. What I do with my posts in determining that doesn't matter to you. You're still going to try and prove the samething regardless.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:04 PM
carver9

You're dodging Newjack.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

^^ *Sigh* Newjack ur just not getting it. The issue is that in battlezones/versus matches individuals usually prove positive cases on both sides hence they prove their case in favour of whatever character they are supporting and refute their opponents case within the same space. The issue here, is that I am going to first have to establish a positive case for WBH, which you are probably just going to try and refute with all of your 12 posts. I on the other hand will have less posts to counter these refutations since i would already take up space trying to establish my assertion in the first place. A burden which you do not have. which is why having the same amount of posts is uneven.

Last edited by Naija boy on Apr 9th, 2012 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:13 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by carver9
You're dodging Newjack.
How am I dodging. I don't know exactly what Naji wants here.

We have the stipulations we have the post count.

What we do with them is our own.

Does he want to know what I'm going to prove?... That's already been stated.

Does he want me tell him the arguments I'm going to use to prove that?.. That isn't happening, why would I give him that it doesn't make sense...

^ *Sigh* Not getting it. The issue is that in battlezones/versus matches individuals usually prove positive cases on both sides hence they prove their case in favour of whatever character they are supporting and refute their opponents case within the same space. The issue here, is that I am going to first have to establish a positive case for WBH, which you are probably just going to try and refute with all of your 12 posts. I on the other hand will have less posts to counter these refutations since i would already take up space trying to establish my assertion in the first place. A burden which you do not have. which is why having the same amount of posts is uneven
I get it, it's just weird and doesn't add up.

What do you want an extra post?

What exactly would you want to make it fair?

Do you want me to specifically tell you want I'm going to do with my posts?

Seriously we have the stipulations you're trying to prove one side I'm trying to prove the other go to town Naji.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:18 PM
Naija boy

I am saying that the same amount of posts is uneven. So yes an additional post would suffice. The issue is that you are NOT trying to prove anything (that would necessitate a positive case). You are trying to disprove something and so you have to rely on me posting my argument first and then trying to counter it. I dont need to know your arguments nor do i care to.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:23 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I am saying that the same amount of posts is uneven. So yes an additional post would suffice. The issue is that you are NOT trying to prove anything (that would necessitate a positive case). You are trying to disprove something and so you have to rely on me posting my argument first and then trying to counter it. I dont need to know your arguments nor do i care to.
So basically you want the extra post so you can get the last word in is essentially what it is.

You're also making a big jump in logic here. I don't have to wait for you to post first. I could still post my own arguments first. You imply I need you to somehow start this debate I don't.

Cause I am trying to prove something, WBH is not more than 10 times as strong as other versions of Hulk. I don't need you for that but how I choose to go about this debate and use my posts is up to me.

So you can take your unfair bullshit and go somewhere else. If you want we can ask the judges to decide how unfair it is?

Or we can ask one of the judges to take an opening post from each of us then post them for us not counting to our total?

Or I can give you one extra post. Whatever will make you feel better and less wanting to cry. Cause honestly if after 12 posts from each of us you can not get across or debunk all the relative points to this debate something's wrong and one extra post is not going to help you.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:40 PM
Naija boy

What a blockhead. This has absolutely nothing to do with getting the last word in as even with an extra post, I still WOULD NOT get the last word in because of how comprehensive the case im going to have to first establish is. I tire of your mindless badgering so yeah i will take that extra post if you agree and my first posts will be up in the next few minutes

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:51 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

What a blockhead. This has absolutely nothing to do with getting the last word in as even with an extra post, I still WOULD NOT get the last word in because of how comprehensive the case im going to have to first establish is. I tire of your mindless badgering so yeah i will take that extra post if you agree and my first posts will be up in the next few minutes
Wait so let me get this straight you're asking me for an extra post because you decided to blow a couple of posts on your opening. I take it back I'm not giving you the extra post because you wanted and chose to do that.

That's your own damn fault.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:53 PM