KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Letters vs Dum Dum Dugan BattleZone discussion thread

Letters vs Dum Dum Dugan BattleZone discussion thread
Started by: Dum Dum Dugan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
(please log in to view the image)

Surely by "arrogance" you must mean uncompromising and well placed faith in my unquestionable deductive reasoning and skills as an orator / debtor? Because it can't be arrogance if it's justified. evil face

My post remains succinct and accurate. Now bow before S-Rank von Doom.

I always knew you were a rogue Doombot.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 12:40 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skelliher

Guys, just to let you know I know for a fact Dugan has his rebuttal almost ready. It will be posted either in the wee hours of the morning or sometime Friday I would guess.

Aside from him having a crazy work week last week, most of the reason his rebuttal is taking so long, as some of you pointed out, is the fact that he has to address all of Letters's claims, most of which are backed up either by obscure, laughable, or non-canonical evidence.

Dugan is going to show in painstaking detail why virtually none of Letters' arguments are legit while posting counters of his own.

Like I said, I'm new to this forum, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that you guys even have it in your mind that Batman could take the majority without prep against a superhuman. Makes me wonder what the hell else goes on on these boards. Next you'll be arguing Bats could take Hulk down without prep.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 02:03 AM
Skelliher is currently offline Click here to Send Skelliher a Private Message Find more posts by Skelliher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
E-Nigma420

Originally posted by Skelliher
Guys, just to let you know I know for a fact Dugan has his rebuttal almost ready. It will be posted either in the wee hours of the morning or sometime Friday I would guess.

Aside from him having a crazy work week last week, most of the reason his rebuttal is taking so long, as some of you pointed out, is the fact that he has to address all of Letters's claims, most of which are backed up either by obscure, laughable, or non-canonical evidence.

Dugan is going to show in painstaking detail why virtually none of Letters' arguments are legit while posting counters of his own.

Like I said, I'm new to this forum, but I think it's pretty ridiculous that you guys even have it in your mind that Batman could take the majority without prep against a superhuman. Makes me wonder what the hell else goes on on these boards. Next you'll be arguing Bats could take Hulk down without prep.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:14 AM
E-Nigma420 is currently offline Click here to Send E-Nigma420 a Private Message Find more posts by E-Nigma420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Letters

Well, I see this argument spawned more than one cheerleader lol. Are you gonna help him write it too?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 05:57 AM
Letters is currently offline Click here to Send Letters a Private Message Find more posts by Letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

pathetic. if it's so crystal clear it shouldn't be an issue for dum--on his own--to show it as such. little peon sycophants like you actually want to make me throw up.

this is a f****** battlezone--keep the cheerleading the hell out of it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 01:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skelliher

He is arguing it on his own ... this is a discussion thread separate from the debate.

I'm just saying I get that Bats is a beast when he has prep, but I don't think he can take someone on Spider-man or Wolverine's level.

It's funny because Bats is popular largely because he doesn't have powers, but I actually think it makes people over-estimate him instead of under-estimating him.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 07:30 PM
Skelliher is currently offline Click here to Send Skelliher a Private Message Find more posts by Skelliher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Leo, I would not-cheerlead you any day of the week.

I mean it. From the heart.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2012 07:43 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Existere
Leo, I would not-cheerlead you any day of the week.

I mean it. From the heart.

aww, shucks... love

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 04:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

He is arguing it on his own ... this is a discussion thread separate from the debate.

I'm just saying I get that Bats is a beast when he has prep, but I don't think he can take someone on Spider-man or Wolverine's level.

It's funny because Bats is popular largely because he doesn't have powers, but I actually think it makes people over-estimate him instead of under-estimating him.

fair enough. just that you're the second person to come in saying dun will post, dum's ready, bat's is gonna get slaughtered!

those kind of sentiments do NOT help dum (i'm one of the judges for this so i know of what i speak....) and it only serves to possibly influence others. like i said, if it's such a foregone conclusion, then dum should have no problem making his own case.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 04:04 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Am I the only one who finds it weird how a bunch of hairy-palm cheerleaders with close to no-posts are coming into to praise battlehammer and saying "he'll have his post ready in a few moments"?

And then there's Srank, who has thousands of posts.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 7th, 2012 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 04:37 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, if you're going to sock at least be smart about it...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 7th, 2012 at 05:00 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 04:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Philosophía
Am I the only one who finds it weird how a bunch of hairy-palm cheerleaders with close to no-posts are coming into to praise battlehammer and saying "he'll have his post ready in a few moments"?

no, not the only one.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 05:16 PM
Starscream M

now, do ppl believe me when I say dumdum quit our debate too?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 05:56 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Philosophía

One, yes one (you apparently have a different concept of what constitutes "a bunch" than reality does) new poser shows up and agrees with Dum Dum and suddenly I'm creating sock accounts? Have a mod check the IPs or something.

Am I the only one who finds it strange that E-Nigma420 has no posts and comes in here to cheerlead and praise letters, and yet there is Philosophía with thousands of posts? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK ALERT!!!

Now... what's a polite way to tell you to f@ck off?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 05:57 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Starscream M
now, do ppl believe me when I say dumdum quit our debate too?

I think something up. I helped Dum Dum find some Batman scans and issue numbers he was looking for weeks ago (a month even?) when he was starting to compose his rebuttal... no reason it should have taken this long. Disappointing.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 06:04 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I don't really think it's fair to throw around accusations of socking until it's made a little more clear where the hell Letters is coming from, and therefore where any other posters might have wandered in from.

Anyways, this match was disappointing. If Letters wants a real debate, there should be a number of posters around willing to take on this match.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 06:36 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Letters

I don't really think it's fair to throw around accusations of socking until it's made a little more clear where the hell Letters is coming from, and therefore where any other posters might have wandered in from.

Anyways, this match was disappointing. If Letters wants a real debate, there should be a number of posters around willing to take on this match.

Enigma is a good buddy of mine who doesn't ever post on nerd boards. He is agood natured guy tho.

And I do look forward to a serious debate. Dum Dum challenged me to the battlezone. I didn't even know what a battlezone was when I first registered lol.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 06:50 PM
Letters is currently offline Click here to Send Letters a Private Message Find more posts by Letters Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you're probably right. i actually wasn't accusing srank--don't think he'd do that, but....it is weird. i've seen this happen before in bz's, tournaments and at other times where i've debated against one person. it always strikes me as a little....odd.

whatever, if dum doesn't show, it will look really bad, especially given the huge time limit of a month. erm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 07:21 PM
Skelliher

I used to be a member on this board years ago. I just came back because I'm interested in seeing how this debate unfolds, and AvX sort of brought me back into the Versus area.

I actually forget my old username on KMC. Maybe the mods can check. I think it was sousuke or greenleaf or something like that.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 07:28 PM
Skelliher

BTW is there any archive of past Battlezone debates and their winners or anything to look through?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 08:31 PM