KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge

Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Do Pre-Crisis characters count? For example would Kent Nelson count?

No.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 05:26 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Existere
Fair amount of pressure to make a strong character pick, being on a team with such open rosters for choices and no real competition for picks.

There should be like team captains or something.

I'd be open to this, but it would have to be something agreed upon by everyone else. Teamwork will be essential as you'll want to draft picks that complement each other.

Originally posted by carver9
What about outside amping for prep, would that count (Sundip, Belt of strength)?

Any power ups made can't amp a character more than one tier higher than their default one.

Example: Captain America couldn't be overall amped to anything higher than Mid/High Meta as he'd start off in the Street Level/Low Meta tier as default. Superman couldn't be amped any higher than Trans Tier (low end) as he is traditionally High Herald.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 05:29 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd be open to this, but it would have to be something agreed upon by everyone else. Teamwork will be essential as you'll want to draft picks that complement each other.

Any power ups made can't amp a character more than one tier higher than their default one.

Example: Captain America couldn't be overall amped to anything higher than Mid/High Meta as he'd start off in the Street Level/Low Meta tier as default. Superman couldn't be amped any higher than Trans Tier (low end) as he is traditionally High Herald.

Ok, so that would exclude Sun amping and Sun dips since we really don't have a quantifiable way of judging where this puts Superman at tier wise? Or would we have to guess?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 07:03 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

As long as I don't have to rep Superman.

How restrictive are you with versions of characters? Say I wanted to use Aquaman, would I have to choose either pre or post reboot?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 10:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
Ok, so that would exclude Sun amping and Sun dips since we really don't have a quantifiable way of judging where this puts Superman at tier wise? Or would we have to guess?

If you're asking specifically where does OWAW Superman stand in an attempt to replicate that, I'm going to go ahead and say that he'd be above the low end of Trans Tier. If someone wants to argue it, we'll wait for the actual pick. Or until I make a discussion thread.

Originally posted by -Pr-
As long as I don't have to rep Superman.

How restrictive are you with versions of characters? Say I wanted to use Aquaman, would I have to choose either pre or post reboot?

DC is limited to New Earth, Pre-Flashpoint canon. So Brightest Day would be around the cut off date if that helps.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 05:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If you're asking specifically where does OWAW Superman stand in an attempt to replicate that, I'm going to go ahead and say that he'd be above the low end of Trans Tier. If someone wants to argue it, we'll wait for the actual pick. Or until I make a discussion thread.

DC is limited to New Earth, Pre-Flashpoint canon. So Brightest Day would be around the cut off date if that helps.

It does, thanks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 05:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I don't usually have time for these things, but I'll make the time if this thing is for real.

I can rep any character....

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 05:54 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I would like to rep hal or Superman.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 06:06 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'm going to be holding off on drafting characters just yet; I want to make sure we have a good number of people ready to participate. But what I can do is begin signing up people for either the JLA or Avengers. Just let me know which team you'd like to represent and I'll file you under that.

Once we have an even number of people (or close to even as possible), I'll set a date for drafting characters for each tier.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 06:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ideally drafting should be a team decision imo; six people should coordinate their picks to make the most effective team possible rather than all just picking their favourites, I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 06:42 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by -Pr-
Ideally drafting should be a team decision imo; six people should coordinate their picks to make the most effective team possible rather than all just picking their favourites, I think.

Very true.

If people want to pick their favorite characters to rep, they can, but team effectiveness will go a long way toward actually winning.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2012 06:44 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

This would be one giant battlezone, correct? Not multiple battles or a long tournament?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 01:06 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blair Wind
This would be one giant battlezone, correct? Not multiple battles or a long tournament?

Yep, the former.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:30 AM
Odekahn

This is going to be epic.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 04:58 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Odekahn
This is going to be epic.
It it ever happens yes it will be. I personally don't think it will, sadly.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by quanchi112
It it ever happens yes it will be. I personally don't think it will, sadly.

Why not?

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:13 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Why not?
The other idea tanked after multiple people expressed interest. It's hard for just two people to have a battlezone with real life constraints let alone 5 or 6.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Originally posted by quanchi112
The other idea tanked after multiple people expressed interest. It's hard for just two people to have a battlezone with real life constraints let alone 5 or 6.

Is there a time constraint on how quick a reply must be made? i thought it might be a problem due to finding enough people. Personally, I believe DC would win because they are simply more powerful imo. But I love both companies and wouldn't hesitate to play devil's advocate and join the Marvel side if there's participation issues.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:23 PM
carver9

Is there a time constraint on how quick a reply must be made? i thought it might be a problem due to finding enough people. Personally, I believe DC would win because they are simply more powerful imo. But I love both companies and wouldn't hesitate to play devil's advocate and join the Marvel side if there's participation issues.

Very debatable, especially when you have people like Sentry, Thor, Hulk, even Ironman, Namor, Wonderman, and the list goes on. The Avengers is very powerful and arguments could be made both ways. I think Surfer even worked on the Avengers before. Jake, are you allowing bfr?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:49 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

And can Hulk go WB?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 05:50 PM