KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge

Avengers vs. JLA: Battlezone Challenge
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
And can Hulk go WB?

Pretty sure he already vetoed that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 06:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Very debatable, especially when you have people like Sentry, Thor, Hulk, even Ironman, Namor, Wonderman, and the list goes on. The Avengers is very powerful and arguments could be made both ways. I think Surfer even worked on the Avengers before. Jake, are you allowing bfr?

No BFR. In order to win, the opposing team must be KOed or incapacitated in such a way they cannot fight back.

And can Hulk go WB?

No.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 06:45 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Odekahn
Is there a time constraint on how quick a reply must be made? i thought it might be a problem due to finding enough people. Personally, I believe DC would win because they are simply more powerful imo. But I love both companies and wouldn't hesitate to play devil's advocate and join the Marvel side if there's participation issues.
Depends on the lineups or if it's an all time lineup which side is more powerful. I have no idea about the specifics. Jake is your man to go to there.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 07:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Odekahn
Is there a time constraint on how quick a reply must be made? i thought it might be a problem due to finding enough people. Personally, I believe DC would win because they are simply more powerful imo. But I love both companies and wouldn't hesitate to play devil's advocate and join the Marvel side if there's participation issues.

Well, we need to get people interested and signed up first before we can discuss time limits. But right now, I'm inclined to be lax on limits if only so I can accommodate for people being busy with whatever they have going on.

Considering all the ardent supporters for DC and Marvel, I feel this would be the perfect place to put up or shut up and I really hope people are willing to do that.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 07:26 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Hmm.

I may do this. Not sure which side I want to go on though. I'm a much bigger DC (and JLA) fan, but I feel like I could do some cool things with the Avengers team.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:04 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No. No loopholes for you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by -Pr-
No. No loopholes for you.

But I've already thought of 5 strategies for both the JLA side and the Avengers side each which takes into account all possible combination of teams, each with 3 contingency plans deep. sad

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:10 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blair Wind
But I've already thought of 5 strategies for both the JLA side and the Avengers side each which takes into account all possible combination of teams, each with 3 contingency plans deep. sad

LIES!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:23 PM
Odekahn

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Well, we need to get people interested and signed up first before we can discuss time limits. But right now, I'm inclined to be lax on limits if only so I can accommodate for people being busy with whatever they have going on.

Considering all the ardent supporters for DC and Marvel, I feel this would be the perfect place to put up or shut up and I really hope people are willing to do that.

I'm for sure interested! But It'll be my first time (I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions on how to do this) so I'm not sure if anyone would want a noob on their team, lol. But I'll volunteer for which ever side needs an extra person. I love DC and Marvel.

P.S. Yes, carver, it's debatable, but isn't that what we're here for?

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:31 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Very debatable, especially when you have people like Sentry, Thor, Hulk, even Ironman, Namor, Wonderman, and the list goes on. The Avengers is very powerful and arguments could be made both ways. I think Surfer even worked on the Avengers before. Jake, are you allowing bfr?

lol Wonderman.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 10:38 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Jake might I suggest a certain debate by say mid april for teams to be decided and for the draft or whatever to begin. This way people have to commit or this falls by the wayside. Nothing worse than thinking it could happen to have 2 months pass and for it to die a slow death.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 11:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

I know a way that it for sure won't happen... if we don't try at all.

Let's do it!!!

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2012 11:27 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

lol Wonderman.

Uuummm, what's wrong with Wonderman?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 04:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Uuummm, what's wrong with Wonderman?

You mentioning him in the same breath as Thor and Hulk.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 04:22 AM
carver9

You mentioning him in the same breath as Thor and Hulk.

Not the same breath, he is a top tier imo though. I'm referring to Ionic...Wonderman in general is a beast.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 05:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Not the same breath, he is a top tier imo though. I'm referring to Ionic...Wonderman in general is a beast.

He's all right, but he's not exactly the big gun on the team. He's like... A smaller, but still not needing to overcompensate, gun.

I don't see how you think he's a top tier. He's a good notch below the likes of Thor and Hulk.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 05:01 AM
carver9

He's all right, but he's not exactly the big gun on the team. He's like... A smaller, but still not needing to overcompensate, gun.

I don't see how you think he's a top tier. He's a good notch below the likes of Thor and Hulk.

He is a top gun and is one of the people the Avengers rely on when handling threats (if Thor isn't there).

You don't think Ionic Wonderman is top tier physically?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 05:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He is a top gun and is one of the people the Avengers rely on when handling threats (if Thor isn't there).

You don't think Ionic Wonderman is top tier physically?

I don't agree.

Ionic is different; I'd give him more respect. Standard Simon though? Not really.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 05:22 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I'd rather have Ironman and his bag of tricks any day.

IMO, if I were running this tourny. I would pick out 2 team captains 1 per team and have them try and recruit their team mates. I would pick out captains by seeing who's most interested in this thing.

For example :

Avengers captain : Blair

JLA's captain : pr

Once the team's are in place they can discuss what character's work best together.

Last edited by Facee on Apr 4th, 2012 at 01:36 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 01:34 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Avengers:
-jalek moye
-psycho gundam (tentatively)

JLA:
-abhilegend
--Pr-

Judges:
-JaketheBank

Brief recap of everyone's who's officially signed up thus far (or made interest). If you want to officially or tentatively sign up, please go here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t563254.html

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 05:55 PM