KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Captain America 2

Captain America 2
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WhiteWitchKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Cripes...Iron Man 3 made $1.2 BILLION. It was the biggest hit of 2013, and one of only 16 films to have broken the billion dollar barrier in the modern box office. No matter how much you think it's success was undeserved, it got loved plenty by audiences and enough by critics.

Do you think if it scored 10 points higher on Rotten Tomatoes it would have grossed as much as Avatar? There's no proof anything like that ever happens.

Lol, not Avatar but another 100 Million or 200 would've been great. But yeah, I do think it would've made even more had the storyline not pissed off so many fans. Go through this page, raving reviews, posters seeing multiple times (some 3-7 times), and encouraging others to see it. Same with other discussion boards like IGN and CBR. Did IM3 or Thor 2 this kind of love? IM3 and Thor 2 wasn't any where near as good as Cap, it could've banked even more had they had more love than critics.

And this is the same guy that wrote the Blade movies, who's an even more obscure character.

Last edited by WhiteWitchKing on May 23rd, 2014 at 07:17 AM

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 07:06 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Lol, not Avatar but another 100 Million or 200 would've been great. But yeah, I do think it would've made even more had the storyline not pissed off so many fans. Go through this page, raving reviews, posters seeing multiple times (some 3-7 times), and encouraging others to see it. Same with other discussion boards like IGN and CBR. Did IM3 or Thor 2 this kind of love? IM3 and Thor 2 wasn't any where near as good as Cap, it could've banked even more had they had more love than critics.

And this is the same guy that wrote the Blade movies, who's an even more obscure character.

A large population of the general audience loved it though. My friends, who have never read Marvel comics in their lives, absolutely loved the movie.

I think devoted fans of the source material are mainly the ones who had a problem with IM3. And had IM3 lived up to their expectations, it would have earned maybe an extra 30-40 million. It was a smaller percentage of the GA that was disappointed with IM3 - so the box office would not have been drastically higher without the Mandarin twist. IM3 basically reached near enough to its box office limit

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 05:06 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
It was a smaller percentage of the GA that was disappointed with IM3 - so the box office would not have been drastically higher without the Mandarin twist. IM3 basically reached near enough to its box office limit

I've not met anyone who "loved" that movie. If what you say was true then it would have killed MOS in DVD/BLU-RAY Sales. But it didn't. MOS beat IM3 there by a fair margin.

Old Post May 23rd, 2014 05:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Crossbones To Return With Costume. Could Show Up In Any Marvel Movie

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=102099

Old Post Jun 18th, 2014 09:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

At $703 million now, as of last weekend. thumb up

The most popular Marvel heroes right now have to be:

1. Iron Man
2. Spider Man
3. Captain America
4. Thor
5. Wolverine/The X-Men

Well, now Days Of Future Past has just edged out Cap 2 as the biggest hit of the year.

http://collider.com/x-men-days-of-f...ast-box-office/

So now X-Men is up in the realm of the high grossing Marvel Cinematic Universe films. While The Amazing Spider Man 2 is the lowest grossing Spidey film yet, with some of the most mixed critical and fan reaction.

Is Spidey's appeal finally wearing off?

Maybe the list should look like this, now:

1. Iron Man
2. Avengers
3. X-Men series
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Spider Man
7. Wolverine
8. Hulk

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 30th, 2014 06:01 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Maybe people's tolerance for shitty Spiderman movies are wearing off.

Started with 3, got worse with the reboot and its sequel.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 03:57 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

You know I came to a realization, Spidey 2 really didn't age that well either. It was on yesterday and it was a downright cringeworthy experience almost from beginning to end.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 07:04 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Honestly, I don't think any of Sam Raimi's films age well. lol. He's the master of cheesy dialogue.

They're fun as hell to watch the first few times, though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 07:19 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Shut up, clown

his Evil Dead films are still fun too watch.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2014 09:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Maybe the list should look like this, now:

1. Iron Man
2. Avengers
3. X-Men series
4. Captain America
5. Thor
6. Spider Man
7. Wolverine
8. Hulk

Not sure why you've placed IM above Avengers.

Also think you've placed Spider-Man pretty low. Even Spidey's lowest grossing film only grossed a few million less than CA2. So I don't think that suddenly puts his movie franchise popularity/worth below Cap's movie franchise Overall. Would be a different story if Cap2 beat TASM2 by like 50 mill. And no Thor film has come on par with even Spidey's lowest grossing.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 2nd, 2014 at 02:33 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 02:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

In terms of franchises

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. X-Men
4. Spiderman
5. Captain America
6. Wolverine
7. Thor
8. Hulk

Captain America WS, as one of the greatest comic book films of all time, barely outgrossed a crappy spiderman movie. Spiderman is still incredibly popular.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 06:58 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Kazenji
Shut up, clown

his Evil Dead films are still fun too watch.
cry about it

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 08:04 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
cry about it

Sam Raimi was also the showrunner for Xena, and wrote for Hercules.

He's not the greatest writer, but still great in my book.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 08:20 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I think he's great too. I love me a good Raimi film.

His movies are just campy as ****.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2014 08:22 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Not sure why you've placed IM above Avengers.

Also think you've placed Spider-Man pretty low. Even Spidey's lowest grossing film only grossed a few million less than CA2. So I don't think that suddenly puts his movie franchise popularity/worth below Cap's movie franchise Overall. Would be a different story if Cap2 beat TASM2 by like 50 mill. And no Thor film has come on par with even Spidey's lowest grossing.

I placed Spidey lower because his franchise is the one that seems to be stalled and going slightly backward, even after a reboot and being No.1 for the longest time. Everyone else is trending hugely upward, with Cap and Thor getting big extra attention thanks to Avengers. And the most acclaimed and successful X-Men film just got released as well.

Why Iron Man is No.1 - he was the central character in Avengers and his third film crashed past the billion dollar gross mark, second only to Avengers for comic book films. The joking dialogue on Superhero cafe between Superman and Batman in 2013 - Superman: "Iron Man 3 is coming out." Batman: "The Avengers wasn't Iron Man 3?" Tony Stark has become probably the central face of Marvel movies right now (but Steve Rogers is closing in on him...)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 05:16 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Tzeentch
cry about it

Unfortunately that's what your doing right now

Stop trying to get your opinion mixed up with facts

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 07:31 AM
Darth Thor

In terms of franchises

1. Avengers
2. Iron Man
3. X-Men
4. Spiderman
5. Captain America
6. Wolverine
7. Thor
8. Hulk

Thor is above Wolverine though. Apart from that though I agree with this list.

Captain America WS, as one of the greatest comic book films of all time, barely outgrossed a crappy spiderman movie. Spiderman is still incredibly popular.

Exactly.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 09:25 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Kazenji
Unfortunately that's what your doing right now

Stop trying to get your opinion mixed up with facts
you're*

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2014 11:21 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Totally misses the point & becomes a grammer nazi....typical roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 06:59 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

In terms of franchises

What's important is that Captain America: The Winter Soldier made almost DOUBLE what the previous film made; in a less seasonal release slot, too. This is nearly a parallel to The Dark Knight grossing more than twice as much as Batman Begins, while upping the stakes of the story and the character arc. I don't think anyone would ever have thought a Captain America movie would outgross a Spider Man movie, especially when considering overseas box office. But it's happened. Cap 3 might be the biggest hit of the three, now, the way the story has been escalating.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2014 04:41 PM