KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » What's wrong with X-Men: The Last Stand?

What's wrong with X-Men: The Last Stand?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Jello
If you heard David Hayter's original treatment for X-Men 3 before Brett Ratner, you would hate Last Stand too.

The Guyver wrote the original screenplay? Sweet if it happened.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2012 03:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
The other two movies did the exact same thing.

At least they were remotely good though and had arguably decent enough characterization for nearly all the major characters presented (unlike Last Stand), but First Class is probably the best one thus far for not coming down to being a Hugh Jackman wankfest.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 06:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least they were remotely good though and had arguably decent enough characterization for nearly all the major characters presented (unlike Last Stand), but First Class is probably the best one thus far for not coming down to being a Hugh Jackman wankfest.

Have to disagree to an extent. Cyclops was an abomination, as was the love triangle between him, Jean and Logan. Storm was iffy too, imo.

Honestly, the first movie showed promise, but the second, as well as it was made, just really disappointed me; the only good things (imo) being Stewart, McKellan, Cummings, and Kelly Hu in that catsuit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 07:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ingonyama
Gay X-Geek

My problem isn't even with Jackman; his Logan's really good, if a little more "squeaky-clean" than I'm used to. I prefer a little more torment in Wolverine and a little less "good example." But most of that is less to do with Jackman and more with the writers wanting him to look good.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 11:36 PM
Ingonyama is currently offline Click here to Send Ingonyama a Private Message Find more posts by Ingonyama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by Ingonyama
My problem isn't even with Jackman; his Logan's really good, if a little more "squeaky-clean" than I'm used to. I prefer a little more torment in Wolverine and a little less "good example." But most of that is less to do with Jackman and more with the writers wanting him to look good.

Nobodies saying he didn't play a good Wolverine.

We're saying that he was essentially shoved down our throats. X1, X2, and X3 should have all been called Wolverine Chronicles.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2012 11:38 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

X2 made more sense with Wolverine alot more it with them finding out the old Weapon X place.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2012 02:34 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

It suffered for a couple of reasons

Studio Interference. After Singer went to go do Superman Returns Fox decided to rush production to have it out by Summer 2006. They didn't even have a director until weeks before filming was to begin. And when a director is finally on board, it's Brett Ratner who had grown a reputation for being a hack, douchbag, MTV music video, action director. They also didn't wanna wait for several actors to take care of prior engagements before filming.(Marsden, Romijn, and Paquin) As a result several characters were either "killed off" or had very little screentime.

It also suffered by having so many characters and not even being 2 hours. Angel was also a character that wasn't on screen very much.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2012 12:08 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

I cant believe the HORRIBLE Juggernaut they had the nerve to display! They used the "Juggernaut *****" joke but clearly they didnt watch the video since he was so damn tiny! Granted he was bigger than everyone else but come on!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Apr 15th, 2012 12:30 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Well Vinny Jones is a tiny guy. They didn't use CGI, just a muscle suit so they couldn't make him too huge.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2012 01:35 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I wouldn't call 6'2" "tiny".

Old Post Apr 16th, 2012 06:35 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I would.

I'm approaching 6'5. : D

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 01:25 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And yet you're still a cowardly black man with the physical capability of a kitten. That's been run over. And injected with AIDS.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 06:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I didn't mean height. He's not a "large" man. And I'm 6'1. 6'2's not that tall.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 06:43 AM
NemeBro

It's over four inches taller than average American height.

Though yeah, he made a pitiful Juggernaut.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 05:43 PM
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by -Pr-
The other two movies did the exact same thing.

Yep, but I didn't care "that" much. Because the movies were actually ok, or good.
I'm not a fan of Cyclops, but I recognise him as a central piece of the team.

I accepted that he was only shown "on the side", because, well, Wolverine sell more, and the team was already established, so, it wasn't "that" important to show him on the front stage. But even so, he was the one leading the X-Men team in the final battle, and his presence showed him in a good light.
Xavier and Magneto were awesome. Creed, on the other hand, sucked ass, but hey, they can't give a good treatment to everyone, I guess.

I loved the second movie, with the exception of Cyclops taken away right of the bat. The movie debut was The Shit, with Nightcrawler making his way into the White House. The story was good. Nothing bad to say about it.

The third movie, OMG. They ****in' killed Cyclops in the oppening sequence, then, lated, killed Charles Xaver. Wtf.
Also, wtf happened to the Juggernaut's background story? This series need a reboot as bad as the Four Fantastic series needs a reboot (don't get me started on this) because they scrapped it. Marvel should take care of the Marvel movies. They have to stop selling the series.

Seriously, only the Blade Trilogy have been constantly decent, if you forgot some details of the third opus.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 05:56 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

All the new Marvel movies have been good. Hulk, Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America, Thor. And Avengers is going to be awesome.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 06:10 PM
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by KingD19
All the new Marvel movies have been good. Hulk, Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America, Thor. And Avengers is going to be awesome.

Hell yeah.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 06:25 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ingonyama
Gay X-Geek

Originally posted by KingD19

As someone who's been an X-Men fan for as long as I have, I'm actually jealous of how good these other movies have been. Even the Fantastic Four movies used the characters to their fullest extent.

Why do all Marvel's other characters get all the best writing, the best effects, while we X-Men fans get such comparatively lackluster efforts?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2012 10:41 PM
Ingonyama is currently offline Click here to Send Ingonyama a Private Message Find more posts by Ingonyama Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
89thwarrior

Originally posted by Ingonyama
As someone who's been an X-Men fan for as long as I have, I'm actually jealous of how good these other movies have been. Even the Fantastic Four movies used the characters to their fullest extent.

Why do all Marvel's other characters get all the best writing, the best effects, while we X-Men fans get such comparatively lackluster efforts?

I just wonder why viewers like us are not heard. Fans like us should be recognized with what our thoughts are with movies like X-Men. The writers should know that we are very concern of the facts and reliability of the characters' origins and their credibility. The only X-Men movie I like is X-Men 2 that is more likely closer to the realm of X-Men universe. They should care about us because we are the ones who are making them rich.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 07:03 PM
89thwarrior is currently offline Click here to Send 89thwarrior a Private Message Find more posts by 89thwarrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

I think it's safe to say the the X-men movies would have been great if not for FOX.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 07:18 PM