KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Tandiandthe223 -- The Ultimate Wonder Woman Appreciation Thread

Tandiandthe223 -- The Ultimate Wonder Woman Appreciation Thread
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
A gentler pose, for balance.

Notes suggest this is from Green Arrow and Black Canary #4, although it looks like the work of the artist doing the current DCnU solo title.

I'll recheck when I'm in the condensing phase.

It's from the issue when Ollie brought Connor to the hospital, and the League rallied around Ollie and Dinah. I think that's the right number, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oxqwFv7-z8
(1 min 19 sec)

Source: Superman/Batman Apocalypse DVD
(Warner Bros preview/promotional clip)
Director : Lauren Montgomery
Original Story Writer: Jeph Loeb
Screenplay Writer : Tab Murphy
Date of Release: September 2010
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:49 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by -Pr-
Ollie brought Connor to the hospital, and the League rallied around Ollie and Dinah. I think that's the right number ...

Thanks.

Say, P.R., can you direct me to where I might quickly find the answer to my X-Men question, posed earlier in the following thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t569002.html

(Your name was specifically mentioned as go-to person, which, given who you say your favorite character is, makes considerable sense ...)

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:59 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Thanks.

Say, P.R., can you direct me to where I might quickly find the answer to my X-Men question, posed earlier in the following thread?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t569002.html

(Your name was specifically mentioned as go-to person, which, given who you say your favorite character is, makes considerable sense ...)

I'll try to keep it brief, as it's a Wonder Woman thread.

For the breakdown of the Cyclops and Jean marriage, your best bet is to read New X-Men 114 - 154.

Link to first issue: http://marvel.wikia.com/New_X-Men_Vol_1_114

Bullet points:

After the arc "The Twelve" Cyclops is lost out in the world with Apocalypse's consciousness inside his mind, fighting for control. He spends weeks/months alone, but is eventually saved by Jean and Cable, but not without lasting damage being done. Apocalypse's influence left Cyclops more... Realistic, and more honest, in a way.

Fearing that Jean wouldn't like the "new him" Cyclops withdrew from her, and Jean's either inability or unwillingness to confront the issue led to them growing apart.

When Genosha is wiped out, with millions of mutants wiped out, Emma Frost comes to live at the school.

Over the course of the run, Cyclops begins getting therapy from Emma Frost. She falls for him, and the two begin a "psychic" affair (though it should be noted that at around the same time, Jean (who was beginning to manifest the Phoenix again) made a move on Logan only to be rebuffed).

Jean finds out about Scott and Emma, flips stuff, and Cyclops is made to choose between both women. Before he can reveal his choice, Magneto attacks New York (I think it was New York), and the X-Men battle him. Jean is killed. At her funeral, Emma tells Scott that they need to rebuild. Scott says no, and quits the X-Men.

In the future, a bunch of stuff basically culminated in the world going to hell, all because Cyclops didn't stay with the X-Men. So White Crown Phoenix Jean changes history, and at the grave, where Cyclops had told Emma he quit, he is instead mentally "nudged" in to staying with the X-Men, and of course, staying with Emma.

That's as brief as I could make it, and tbh, I left a lot out. I really do recommend the series though. It's excellent.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by Newjak on Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 10:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I was joking when I said ask him

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 08:14 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

I didn't actually use personal messaging to make this particular request of him, though. I only do that when I feel there is something reasonably important to ask him that doesn't strike me as quite appropriate to ask by standard public means owing to his position, etcetera. I figured the route I chose here would be the least intrusive that still actually got me the specific information I was looking for.

At any rate, P.R. WAS kind enough to answer and DID turn out to be the right person to ask, so, thanks for the advice!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2012 09:21 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Why are we discussing X-Men in a Wonder Woman respect thread?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Aug 18th, 2012 05:41 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

cool

Image 1 of 6

Attachment: 1000 uncanny_x-men__218-11 rogue punch jug windowsmash.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:20 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 2 of 6.

Attachment: 2000 uncanny_x-men__218-12 rogue takes jugpunch.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:21 PM
bluewaterrider

Attachment: 3000 unlimitedaccess1p12io4.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:22 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 4 of 6

Attachment: 4000 unlimitedaccess1p14tz7.jpg
This has been downloaded 70 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:24 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 5 of 6.

Attachment: 5000 ww jug 3.jpg
This has been downloaded 71 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:26 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 6 of 6.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source 1: Uncanny X-Men #218, Volume 1
Writer: Chris Claremont
Penciller: Marc Silvestri
Date: June 1987
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_218

Source 2: Unlimited Access #1, Volume 1
Writer: Karl Kesel
Penciller: Pat Oliffe
Date: December 1997
http://marvel.wikia.com/Unlimited_Access_Vol_1_1

Attachment: 6000 ww jug 4.jpg
This has been downloaded 64 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 01:33 PM
bluewaterrider

Wonder Woman versus Superman. The Vanishing. For Tomorrow snapshots.

Image 1 of 7.

Attachment: 10 vanishing supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:24 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 2 of 7.

Attachment: 20 supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 102 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:25 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 3 of 7.

Attachment: 30 supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:25 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 4 of 7.

Attachment: 40 supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:26 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 5 of 7.

Attachment: 50 supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 104 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:27 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 6 of 7.

Attachment: 60 supermanv2_211.jpg
This has been downloaded 106 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:27 PM
bluewaterrider

Image 7 of 7.

Storyline: "For Tomorrow."
Source: Superman #211, Volume 2
Writer: Brian Azzarello
Penciller: Jim Lee
Date: January 2005
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Superman_Vol_2_211

Better context of this encounter can be found by clicking the following link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=5

Attachment: 70 s2_211. curse replaced.jpg
This has been downloaded 90 time(s).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2012 03:30 PM