KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Any good sci-fi recomendations?

Any good sci-fi recomendations?
Started by: Lord Andres

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Any good sci-fi recomendations?

Hey, I was wondering if you guys had any good recomendation for me.

I was hoping to get something catering to my taste, I am quite fond of sci-fis like these.

2001 Space Odessey
Moon
Solaris
Stalker
The Abyss

So I was hoping you knew something that might be a little bit more rare that I might have overlooked.

Thanks

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 04:25 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Forbidden Planet.
Planet of the Vampires.
Contamination. Italian Alien ripoff.
Dark Star. trippy film.
Robot Monster. heh.
X-Tro.
The Quartermass series.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 06:38 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Damn, I don't think I've heard of any of those, ninjak. I'll have to check 'em out.

Pitch Black / Riddick
Hunter Prey
Pandorum
(not perfect, but I like the story)
Children of Men
Dark City
The Fly
Sunshine
Serenity

Old Post Apr 8th, 2012 06:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

You've probably seen them but
Alien
Aliens
Total Recall
The Dish (not sci-fi) sci fact, but a great movie.
Mars Attacks.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 04:18 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1

The Dish (not sci-fi) sci fact, but a great movie.

Aussies freakin Rule! Happy Dance

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 05:54 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but Id like more!

Anyway Ninjak that quartermass seems interesting, but I am alittle lost, do you mean the films or the actual series? if you do mean the films, what is the proper order of them? and if you mean the series which one do you mean? the one from 1979?

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2012 10:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
josephw002

I will be buying a condo there soon and I need to know if my disguise will work to fool security.(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 03:09 AM
josephw002 is currently offline Click here to Send josephw002 a Private Message Find more posts by josephw002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Bluesteel
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but Id like more!

Anyway Ninjak that quartermass seems interesting, but I am alittle lost, do you mean the films or the actual series? if you do mean the films, what is the proper order of them? and if you mean the series which one do you mean? the one from 1979?

Thanks.

The TV series was puchased by Hammer horror studios in 55. A company I have a huge interest in.
The Quartermass Xperiment- 1955
Quartermass 2- 1957
Quartermass and the pit-1967

There was a conclusion in 79 which was a 4 part serial but it did get limited cinema release. Known simply as Quartermass. enjoy.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 05:39 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by the ninjak
Forbidden Planet.
Planet of the Vampires.
Contamination. Italian Alien ripoff.
Dark Star. trippy film.
Robot Monster. heh.
X-Tro.
The Quartermass series.

I've only heard of 3 of those

Forbidden Planet, Dark Star and The Quatermass

i have seen Dark Star John Carpenter's first movie after he was done doing shorts.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2012 07:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry1233

i think avatar

Old Post May 12th, 2012 02:51 AM
harry1233 is currently offline Click here to Send harry1233 a Private Message Find more posts by harry1233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

equilibrium(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 14th, 2012 07:56 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

dune, startrek, space balls?? ill think of more..eeh im tired

john carter?? lol vampires in space? flight of a navigator?

flash gordon?

Last edited by rudester on May 14th, 2012 at 08:01 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2012 07:58 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DrWalrusCat

Does Carpenter's "The Thing" count? I haven't seen the remake but I would always err on the side of Carpenter when given the option.

Old Post May 15th, 2012 07:53 PM
DrWalrusCat is currently offline Click here to Send DrWalrusCat a Private Message Find more posts by DrWalrusCat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

it came from mars...lol

Old Post May 17th, 2012 06:17 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Enemy Mine (1985)

It's a little 80s, but it's a pretty interesting and intelligent story, based on a book I think. Stars Dennis Quaid. Would probably make a better book, but I enjoyed it.

Old Post May 23rd, 2012 02:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pylgrym
Fay Wray Fan

Looking at your list, you enjoy movies taking place mostly in deep space (or deep water!) So, other than FORBIDDEN PLANET, be sure to catch
APOLLO 18;
SUNSHINE:

EVENT HORIZON;

SCREAMERS andLIFEFORCE (both scripted by O'Bannon of ALIEN fame)
'
How are we doing?
'
pylgrym
'
'

Old Post Jun 4th, 2012 09:27 PM
pylgrym is currently offline Click here to Send pylgrym a Private Message Find more posts by pylgrym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Hey Pylgrym.. and the rest of you.

Well keep'em coming, but I still havint quite found one that I really like again. about the deep space and deep ocean, well, what I like is when there is alot of mystery to it, alot of things left vague or not told at all. I love that, when the movie has AMAZING feel/atmosphere to it, and you can really FEEL the movie. You want to know more!

The Thing from 1982 is one of my all time favorites! Terminator 2 is also good, even though that one is on the other side of the sci-fi table compared to say Stalker! heh. Both still good, for deiffernet reasons.

Alien 1, and The Thing. for example... just yummy! thats what I am talking about when I mean a good atmosphere, its like it has alot of personality. Avatar on the other hand has an atmosphere, but it dosent have that interesting one hehe.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2012 02:35 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

These oldies, imo, hold up pretty darn well...

- War of the Worlds (1953 version)
- The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms
- Earth vs The Flying Saucers
- 20 Million Miles to Earth
- King Kong (1933 version)
- It! The Terror From Beyond Space (not the best fx, but this is the movie said to have inspired 1979's "Alien").

Some of these you can catch on Youtube.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Jun 11th, 2012 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2012 02:58 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Pro[f#cking]metheus

Old Post Jun 12th, 2012 10:19 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

King Kong's sci-fi?

thats a new one to me.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 03:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote