KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War Ascension

God of War Ascension
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phanteros
the Shade knight

God of War IV?

(please log in to view the image)
http://webassets.scea.com/pscomauth...er_12371_hp.swf
teaser image

Old Post Apr 18th, 2012 06:11 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Unless Kratos plans to punch out the Protogenoi, I don't really see what else God of War has to offer, sequel-wise (Spin-offs and prequels are fair game).

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 12:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I've never played GoW, so is there a reason why the Gods can't just fight their way out of Hades like Kratos does? They could come back that way.

Or maybe the vengeance is against Kratos himself.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 12:22 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The implication is that when they die, they die as a concept, not physically. Hercules could probably do it though.

The second point I have considered.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 12:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Ah, so now God of War can join all the other flagship games on the mantle of games that are getting run into the ground.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:11 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Ah, so Sony finally decided to milk out every drop in the GoW franchise, like Microsoft did with HALO and Infinity Ward did with CoD.

Not that I have a problem with it lol.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:22 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The ones for the PSP have actually been good with them being prequel's

but yeah its time to milk the game since its supposedly should've ended at God of war 3.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Ah, so Sony finally decided to milk out every drop in the GoW franchise, like Microsoft did with HALO and Infinity Ward did with CoD.

Not that I have a problem with it lol.

Nowhere near as milked out as CoD or even Assassin's Creed.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:48 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Maybe one of the evils that Kratos let loose out of Pandora's Box takes a physical form and becomes the antagonist.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Nowhere near as milked out as CoD or even Assassin's Creed.
Give it time, my son.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 02:56 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's a game cover that's been leaked on the internet.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ Looks like it is a prequel. At least Kratos is still the protagonist.

Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Give it time, my son.

It does not need time. It's already a better series than those two are.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:35 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Kazenji
The ones for the PSP have actually been good with them being prequel's

but yeah its time to milk the game since its supposedly should've ended at God of war 3.

i wanted it to end at 3.

but 3's ending was so terrible that i could not rest without a proper one.

so i'm glad this is coming.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:37 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why was 3's ending terrible? big grin

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:42 AM
CosmicComet

cliffhanger

little resolution

power to forgive yourself. **** that. so rushed.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:46 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

just saw the teaser. another prequel??

where's my real ending santa monica?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:52 AM
ares834

A prequel?

****, we want 4 not some lame ass prequel.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:32 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

The trailer was actually alright.

Ascension being a Prequel is understandable, but they should have made it for the Vita. Previous two prequels were on handhelds, and the numbered games were on the consoles. Meh.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:49 AM
CosmicComet

this is kratos before he ever made the pact with ares it seems, going by the trailer.

interesting, as the comics cover that time period as well,

BUT FUUUCKKK.

No epic feats to come now. :'(

God of War 4 for PS4 please? Since this isn't 4.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 05:41 AM