KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War Ascension

God of War Ascension
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
A prequel?

****, we want 4 not some lame ass prequel.

So i'm guessing you haven't played the ones for the PSP then.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am guessing that with a title like "Ascension", that this series will be starting at some point where Kratos is a mere Spartan General, and ending with his ascension to Ares's enforcer.

And hey CC, look on the bright side: This game could show off Kratos's prowess as a warrior as well as his competence as a general.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:26 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

I donna care about generalship!

And I know more than enough about his prowess as a warrior. >.<

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:59 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Dayum.

I thought it was going to be a sequel where Athena somehow obtains the 'Powah of Howp', and Kratos somehow survived the fatal fall from the cliff.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:25 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

why would it have been a fall from a cliff?

it wouldn't have been fatal anyway, just a big ocean. he jumped from the center of olympus down to the underworld before with no problem.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:31 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Kazenji
So i'm guessing you haven't played the ones for the PSP then.

I played one of them and found it to be merely decent. Plus I really don't care about Kratos's story pre-ghost of Sparta.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 03:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by NemeBro
I am guessing that with a title like "Ascension", that this series will be starting at some point where Kratos is a mere Spartan General, and ending with his ascension to Ares's enforcer.

And hey CC, look on the bright side: This game could show off Kratos's prowess as a warrior as well as his competence as a general.

Isn't it obvious?

Pre-Ares Kratos does have some of those feats from the limited run Comic book series. Meh.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 04:44 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGoldenSpy

So he's gonna have a strong tan in this game.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 06:29 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

And screw only one lady, his wife.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:18 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
And screw only one lady, his wife.

Oooh. Positively romantic.

Also:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/04...f-war-iii-soon/

quote:
Ascension might a prequel to the first God Of War but that doesn’t mean Sony won’t revisit the lineage after the ending of God of War III. Speaking on Twitter, game director Todd Papy has hinted that such discussion won’t be too far away, either. “We will talk about that soon,” he said when asked why they didn’t opt to continue the story after God of War III. “You’ll just need to have some patience with us,” he said, using a wink emoticon.

consider my pen0r wet. big grin

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 07:41 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I donna care about generalship!

And I know more than enough about his prowess as a warrior. >.<
Well, I do.

But a game with him as a badass normal would prove it to an extent that Dantefagz couldn't deny!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 08:31 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^Meh, I've come around to it now, especially with news that they haven't forgotten about post-God of War 3 stuff.

He can't have chain blade weapons for at least most of the game.

So it will be the first God of War game to feel radically different.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 08:49 PM
TheGoldenSpy

I bet the whole comic series is gonna happen in this game.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 08:51 PM
TheGoldenSpy is currently offline Click here to Send TheGoldenSpy a Private Message Find more posts by TheGoldenSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

That would be awesome.

Kratos does some great stuff as a bad ass 'normal' in the comics.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2012 09:00 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Multiplayer is being included in this game.

Ah well. Also, apparently the game takes places right after Kratos kills his family. So Blades of Chaos are still in, as well as the trademark white coloured skin.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...the-gods-of-war

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 03:01 PM
Demonic Phoenix

^ EDIT: Ignore the plot timeline bit. Pappy stated that it takes place after he sells his soul to Ares, and that we'll have brown-skinned Kratos at certain points.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 03:42 PM
TheGoldenSpy

Please don't tell me that's ornstien.

Please god not again.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 03:54 PM
Demonic Phoenix

http://www.screwattack.com/news/god...iplayer-footage

Link contains a recorded vid of the Live Q&A event with the director that occurred today.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 07:46 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

All these announcements... Sony is going to have a crazy press conference this E3.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 08:54 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Multiplayer.

Old Post May 1st, 2012 01:50 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote