KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War Ascension

God of War Ascension
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

My one b*tch: Fast forward to the 5:45 mark. This new foe is called the Elephantaur.

I mean, REALLY?! So its translated to Elephant-bull? F*cking Hell! The word Minotaur literally translates to "the bull of Minos". Some people think that it means man-bull, but it doesn't. If anything, this guy should be called, I dunno, something like Pachymannus or Ele-man. Anything other than Elephantaur! /rant

God of War: Ascension looks great, still.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 03:59 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

All for calling it the Pachyman.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 04:54 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Perseus for Hades, Orion for Zeus, Achilles for Ares and Odysseus for Poseidon? Interesting.

And a trailer giving us a brief overview of abilities for those aligned to Zeus:

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2012 02:28 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2012 05:36 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's a demo for this with the Total Recall (2012) Blu-Ray.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2012 05:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

New single player teaser. For thirty seconds worth of clips, I'm glad they finally branched off from just the first demo.

And while I know that the game is the earliest in the timeline, Kratos' slimmer look is kinda jarring compared to God of War III imo.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2013 11:44 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Meh, what I find jarring is the fact that Kratos' skin is still so damn pale before he became the Ghost of Sparta.

~ http://www.justpushstart.com/2013/0...l-recall-demos/

Apparently the PSN demo for the single-player won't be the E3 version.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 03:03 AM
CosmicComet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
New single player teaser. For thirty seconds worth of clips, I'm glad they finally branched off from just the first demo.

And while I know that the game is the earliest in the timeline, Kratos' slimmer look is kinda jarring compared to God of War III imo.

truth be told, he's only really slimmer in the arms.

I liked that cat looking dragon thing. looked like some huge snake next to it as well.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 03:06 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I s'pose so. Still has plenty of detail to it, especially the close-ups on his face for that firey shockwave/spell.

On that note, I've read that that's supposedley one of the four elements that the new "rage" mode is gonna be basing itself on. One is fire which, from I've seen, looks pretty reminiscent of how Thera's Bane handled in Ghost of Sparta.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 04:17 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Is it just me, or did Kratos' 'rage' mode get worse as the series went on?

It was easily the best in God of War 1. It was probably the worst in God of War 3.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 04:20 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I liked that cat looking dragon thing. looked like some huge snake next to it as well.

It's the GoW version of the the Manticore
Is it just me, or did Kratos' 'rage' mode get worse as the series went on?

It was easily the best in God of War 1. It was probably the worst in God of War 3.

Do you mean in terms of looks, or in terms of usefulness in gameplay? Because on both fronts, you're right, though Rage from GoW2 was about as useful as the one from GoW1.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 03:10 PM
CosmicComet

I don't think Rage in God of War 2 was as good, God of War 1 had that infinite magic thing once fully upgraded, and then in God of War 2, you could not block in Rage mode IIRC, because it was reserved for that tornado thing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2013 03:18 PM
Demonic Phoenix

I don't think Rage in God of War 2 was as good, God of War 1 had that infinite magic thing once fully upgraded, and then in God of War 2, you could not block in Rage mode IIRC, because it was reserved for that tornado thing.

They both had their pros and cons.

Rage of the Gods in GoW1 provided infinite magic if the Blades of Chaos were maxed out, which was uber considering how overpowered the magics could get in that game. The attack boost provided was also noteworthy, as was the 'tank' effect and the defensive boost.
However, it could not be activated unless the meter was completely filled up, and filling up said meter was a b**** to do.
In addition, you couldn't cancel out of the Rage at will i.e. you'd have to use it all up in one go.

Rage of the Titans in GoW2 had an attack boost, but it wasn't a conventional one as there was no attack boost if you were using a Maxed out weapon (Will elaborate if you need me to). It had the same tank ability and defensive boost that GoW1 Rage had. With those latter two abilities, blocking is rendered moot. Not to mention, why waste time blocking when your boost has a time limit. Instead, we got a mini-explosion mapped to L1 (fairly useless), and when the Blades of Athena were maxed, we got that inferno tornado whose radius increased if more hits were accumulated before activation. (somewhat useful).
In terms of activation and usage, it could be activated as long as the meter was at least 25% full, and it could be deactivated at will. There were also orbs available to speed up the process of filling the meter, unlike in 1, where the only ways to fill the meter up were by hitting enemies (can't remember if the meter filled up when you got hit), and beating Ares the first time (fills up the meter completely iirc).
Also noteworthy is the fact that GoW2's Rage meter would get filled up after every boss battle (including the Icarus QTE), just like the HP & MP meters.

So basically, Rage in GoW1 was overpowered like it was intended to be, but it was also extremely tedious to use. Whereas Rage in 2 was more balanced and far more convenient to use. In terms of usefulness, it more or less evens out for me.

GoW3's Rage of Sparta was a shitfest with all of its restrictions and shit, while GoW:GoS Thera's Bane was alright.
Ascension's Rage mechanic really makes the one in GoW3 look good though. Friggin devs forcing Rage on us like that.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 04:59 AM
CosmicComet

From what I remember, you could still take plenty of damage in God of War 2's rage mode despite the tank effect, so the block would have been pretty useful still in higher difficulty modes.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 05:12 AM
Demonic Phoenix

From what I remember, you could still take plenty of damage in God of War 2's rage mode despite the tank effect, so the block would have been pretty useful still in higher difficulty modes.

Meh, I can't recall properly, but attacks that Kratos could block would do far less damage with Rage of the Titans active, whereas attacks he couldn't block could just be evaded or tanked through.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2013 05:32 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

I'mma go cancel all my other pre-orders.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 11:20 PM
CosmicComet

I'm scared to click that...

First 30 minutes? It's not like the singleplayer is going to be very long in this one, so that would be a sizable chunk I'm spoiling for myself.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 12:05 AM
Demonic Phoenix

I'm scared too, but only because if I do, it might be torture waiting for March.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 12:29 AM
Demonic Phoenix

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 04:21 AM
CosmicComet

I tapped out like a weakling, and watched those 30 minutes.

Good lord.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 04:13 PM