KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » God of War Ascension

God of War Ascension
Started by: Phanteros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Demonic Phoenix

I liked that they brought in the Protogenoi. And the way Kratos killed the second of Aegaeon's arms was epic.

Still, not much was spoiled though. The first 30 minutes, and he wasn't even done with the opening segment.

Also, now we have chapters? WTF.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 11:40 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Can't get a good read on the Hecatonchires' size.

Obviously at least titan sized, but with how far down the ground looks from its waist or so, it seems much bigger.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 05:02 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

(please log in to view the image)

who the hell is this guy?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 02:14 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Looks like Liu Kang wearing the Keaton Mask.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2013 02:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The demo was good enough for me.

My wife just bought this game for me when I get off of work today.

smile

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 12th, 2013 05:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Mar 14th, 2013 11:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Has anyone reached the Trial of Archimedes yet? That part in the single player is so difficult, there's controversy over it. You know you're doing something right if the fans are going be pissed enough to yell at you to nerf it.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 16th, 2013 at 08:48 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2013 08:45 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

This generation of gamers bunch of cry babies.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 02:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Casual gamers are becoming quite the parasites. If they have a problem, why don't they just lower the difficulty?

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 17th, 2013 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 02:41 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Even then they will complain its too hard.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 02:51 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I for one like the challenge of a hard game. Like XCOM. Sometimes I hate that game with a seething passion when I play it on the harder difficulties, but it feels so much better when I win.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 06:01 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i dont know how anyone can like kratos anymore. he is the worlds biggest *******. the last the last god of war game i played i found myself rooting for the antagonists' of the story. I hope kratos dies and burns in hell, what a horrible character. there is nothing likeable or redeeming about him

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 09:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I will admit he is an ******* (edit: really, that word's censored now?) but it's not mostly character that sells these God of War games anyway. It's the stunning visuals and epic boss battles. Oh and the multiplayer's a lot of fun too. It's fresh and a good break from those shooters that's for sure.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 17th, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 10:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What word is that?.....i think i know what it is anyway

yeah he has his moments where he is, but he's standing up to these Greek gods that have been screwing around with his life.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 17th, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 11:49 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Oh man. God forbid he gets vengeance on the people who tricked him into murdering his family, destroyed his home and toyed with his very existence. Even Athena phucked him over and had him thinking she was on his side and he was truly sad he'd killed her, only for him to find out she was using him to ascend to mega godhood. And his own father enjoyed tormenting him while his uncles aunts brothers and cousins all constantly tried to kill him. Even the Titans betrayed him in the end. So yeah he's an asxhole, but its not like he doesn't have every reason to be. The only thing I can say he went too far with was potentially destroying the world in the process.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 12:11 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

"Some reviewers issued complaints regarding the title for one of the trophies of the PS3 video game God of War: Ascension, named "Bros before Hos", due to its alleged offensive nature. In response to the criticism, Santa Monica released a patch changing the name of the trophy to "Bros before Foes"."

People are such pu$$ies these days. I mean, really?!

You're playing a God of War video game that has fantastic amounts of blood, gore, violence, and nudity. You mean to say that the word "ho" offends you over the former list?

I weep for humanity.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 03:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Oh man. God forbid he gets vengeance on the people who tricked him into murdering his family, destroyed his home and toyed with his very existence. Even Athena phucked him over and had him thinking she was on his side and he was truly sad he'd killed her, only for him to find out she was using him to ascend to mega godhood. And his own father enjoyed tormenting him while his uncles aunts brothers and cousins all constantly tried to kill him. Even the Titans betrayed him in the end. So yeah he's an asxhole, but its not like he doesn't have every reason to be. The only thing I can say he went too far with was potentially destroying the world in the process.

Not to mention he went out of his way to do the closest thing of making up for that last part.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 04:39 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I didn't mean to bash the character or anything when I said he's an arsehole. Yes, he is but he has reasons that justify most of his actions for being one but he's still an arsehole for what he did to people like Poseidon's wife for example. She did not ask for being a part of Kratos' brutal puzzle solving.

Originally posted by Impediment
"Some reviewers issued complaints regarding the title for one of the trophies of the PS3 video game God of War: Ascension, named "Bros before Hos", due to its alleged offensive nature. In response to the criticism, Santa Monica released a patch changing the name of the trophy to "Bros before Foes"."

You're playing a God of War video game that has fantastic amounts of blood, gore, violence, and nudity. You mean to say that the word "ho" offends you over the former list?

I weep for humanity.

This isn't the worst controversy I've heard but eh. It's still pretty dumb. Sex minigames aren't a problem with 'em but a word is? I do not understand these people.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 17th, 2013 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 09:06 PM
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Impediment

I weep for humanity.

The worst part is that the developers actually relented and changed the trophy name.

Weak.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 10:31 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Was anyone else surprised to see a bare crotch shot of Kratos during the giant snake level?

I lold.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2013 11:28 PM