KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Chaos King vs Lucifer Morningstar

Chaos King vs Lucifer Morningstar
Started by: lilshogun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cogito
Done through the gate. I'm just pre-addressing any concerns that Lucifer might need a gate in a neutral universe, which is ridiculous. He only needed it because God made it so. He's capable of inter-dimensional transport easily within the DCU, which in Marvel is all it takes to reach the Void.

Yes, which Lucifer still has access to. I don't know whether he can do it without the gate, but considering that it's pretty much part of standard gear for him, this particular strategy should not be up for debate at all.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:31 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Epicurus
Yes, which Lucifer still has access to. I don't know whether he can do it without the gate, but considering that it's pretty much part of standard gear for him, this particular strategy should not be up for debate at all.

thumb up

All I'm saying is that in no other universe I'm aware of would you need the gate, so logically a neutral universe would not require the gate. It certainly should be considered standard gear, though.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 03:39 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by zopzop
Yup. People forget this little fact. It was outright stated that SuperGod Hercules could have restored everything CK destroyed and didn't need to give up his power to do it and rule creation as the new God but he didn't want to.

And as beastly as SuperGod Hercules was in that story arc, CK was more powerful still!

Wait a minute, when was this stated? Herc said he gave up everything in order to restore only a universe.

(please log in to view the image)

He gave up so much power that a high five from Amadeus hurt his hand and he stated that he wasn't ANY type of god anymore but it was worth it.

Side note : I hate story arcs which constantly interchange the words multiverse and universe. It certainly causes confusion for the reader. When I went back and found that tidbit of info above I also noticed that Athena mentioned the word universe in response to Herc's displeasure of Athena's lack of concern for all those who died, to go along with Herc himself mentioning that only a universe was restored. I was leaning towards the multiverse being affected but now I'm not so sure. With that being said, this part of ODG's previous post seems even more reasonable:

Originally posted by ODG
If it's not clearly involving fully alternate realities/universes, then phuck it, the story is probably universal in scope. No matter how often a loaded term like "multiverse" or "universes" gets thrown about.

And for me, Chaos War falls in that category. There's an argument that Chaos King ate the multiverse, sure... but it isn't a strong argument. If Chaos King really did do all that, the comics did a damn good job of hiding it while only hinting at it. And considering the number of tie-ins -- some that even speak to Chaos King's rise to power -- it's really doubtful that he ate Earths 1345, 234677, 123587 and 9999 and countless others... all off-panel. That's just typically not how comic stories are told.

thumb up

Last edited by Sundipped on Jan 23rd, 2014 at 04:49 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 04:37 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sundipped
Wait a minute, when was this stated? Herc said he gave up everything in order to restore only a universe.

He gave up so much power that a high five from Amadeus hurt his hand and he stated that he wasn't ANY type of god anymore but it was worth it.

He WILLINGLY gave up the power because he didn't want to rule as God. He didn't NEED to. Jeezus. mad

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 04:39 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

He WILLINGLY gave up the power because he didn't want to rule as God. He didn't NEED to. Jeezus. mad

Yes he did need to. "I gave up everything TO protect....TO heal....TO restore." Then he said it was worth it. He was left completely powerless afterwards. Doesn't get any more clear cut than that.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:01 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Yes he did need to. "I gave up everything TO protect....TO heal....TO restore." Then he said it was worth it. He was left completely powerless afterwards. Doesn't get any more clear cut than that.

Holy phuck dude, it's right there on panel. Athena told him to wait till he was better (after that brutal beating he received from CK) to restore creation and rule it as God and he said NO.

He could have done it all AND kept his power but he chose not to. Honest question, did you read the story arc?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:09 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Holy phuck dude, it's right there on panel. Athena told him to wait till he was better (after that brutal beating he received from CK) to restore creation and rule it as God and he said NO.

He could have done it all AND kept his power but he chose not to. Honest question, did you read the story arc?

If I didn't, then how would I know what was EXPLICITLY stated?
Ok fuk it....how bout you post the scan where Athena mentions anything about restoring anything. She only said that when he recovers from his injuries he will be declared the new ruler in place of Zeus. Now a new world can grow (this is not equated to restoration mind you) and then existence will begin anew under his authority.

Stop while you can because you're embarrassing yourself....seriously.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:25 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by ODG
The term, "multiverse," is a very loaded term. There's story arcs that have used it differently.

Nobody disagrees that a multiverse is a set of alternate universes. But I've seen it used to also describe (i) every single alternate universe (omniverse, essentially), (ii) every single alternate universe that stems from a single prime universe, or (iii) a single universe that happens to consist of multiple layers of dimensional planes/realities (quantum zone, crimson cosmos, hyperspace, Dreamtime, etc.) -- and is only called "multiverse" because the term universe denotes normally traversable space and doesn't account for all the dimensional layers or pocket realities that are contained in a single, fully-formed universe/reality/continuity.

I think in arguments like this, or any time the term "countless universes," "all dimensions," "all reality," etc., gets used, it better be 100% damn clear that the storyline involves alternate realities/universes. Crisis on Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, Abraxas, Masters of Doom are examples.

If it's not clearly involving fully alternate realities/universes, then phuck it, the story is probably universal in scope. No matter how often a loaded term like "multiverse" or "universes" gets thrown about.

And for me, Chaos War falls in that category. There's an argument that Chaos King ate the multiverse, sure... but it isn't a strong argument. If Chaos King really did do all that, the comics did a damn good job of hiding it while only hinting at it. And considering the number of tie-ins -- some that even speak to Chaos King's rise to power -- it's really doubtful that he ate Earths 1345, 234677, 123587 and 9999 and countless others... all off-panel. That's just typically not how comic stories are told.

This is spot on and one of the main reasons why Lucifer's "Creation" is without, a shadow of a doubt, a true multiverse. The Naglfar storyline in the series involved actual parallel universes, with an alternate version of one of the characters involved in said storyline(Cas) interacting with the , with it being all but stated on-panel that these realities constituted Yahweh's creation. Since Lucifer's(and by extension Elaine's) creation is clearly equivalent to Yahweh's in every way, shape and form, therefore it too is logically a multiverse.

Since your criteria for a cosmic-scale feat to be multiveral is now fulfilled on Lucifer's part, it's hard to deny that Lucifer's feat being multiversal in scope is unambiguously true.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:39 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

If I didn't, then how would I know what was EXPLICITLY stated?
Ok fuk it....how bout you post the scan where Athena mentions anything about restoring anything. She only said that when he recovers from his injuries he will be declared the new ruler in place of Zeus. Now a new world can grow (this is not equated to restoration mind you) and then existence will begin anew under his authority.

Stop while you can because you're embarrassing yourself....seriously.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
The only thing embarrassing here is your reading comprehension.

SuperGod Herc could have restored it all AND ruled it as God but Athena told him to wait till his wounds were healed. He didn't listen to her and didn't want to be God anyway so while he was severely wounded he restored it all and gave up his power (he overexerted himself while wounded).

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:42 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

SuperGod Herc could have restored it all AND ruled it as God but Athena told him to wait till his wounds were healed. He didn't listen to her and didn't want to be God anyway so while he was severely wounded he restored it all and gave up his power (he overexerted himself while wounded).

I had that gif on standby. You posted the exact same pages I quoted from. The onlookers can decide for themselves. Only a small percentage of intellect is required to see that you're lying or either lack reading comprehension.

Last edited by Sundipped on Jan 23rd, 2014 at 06:09 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 05:59 PM
Cogito

Nowhere does Athena say he can restore the multiverse and rule. What she seems to be saying is that he can be god of what exists at that point.

'Be.'

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 06:31 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^ well, this page does seem to explain some things.... laughing out loud sundip and cogito: thumb up

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 07:50 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Nowhere does Athena say he can restore the multiverse and rule. What she seems to be saying is that he can be god of what exists at that point.

Are you missing the "when you recover from your injuries" and the "wait until you heal" parts? Hercules didn't listen to her.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 08:03 PM
operator616

The "Fear Itself" handbook clarified that part:

http://i.imgur.com/uWtDA5T.jpg?1

Recreate existence and rule it as its all-father.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 08:10 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by operator616
The "Fear Itself" handbook clarified that part:

http://i.imgur.com/uWtDA5T.jpg?1

Recreate existence and rule it as its all-father.

Actually that seems to point to a third possibility.

We have recreating existence and rule it as its All-Father or ...rebuilding reality and resurrecting the slain.

So according to that, he could recreate/rebuild existence either way, but it seems resurrecting the dead was what caused him to "expend his divine energy" to the point where he had none left.

'Be.'

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 08:21 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, with the handbook entry, which i've never seen, i owe zop an apology. your interpretation may be correct after all. least you got something right in this thread. big grin

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 08:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

^ That may be the general consensus but on panel she said NOTHING about restoration though. She says: "brother wait until you heal, you cannot wield your powers so--" then she was cut off when Herc rushed her. How can we assume she means restoration at that point in time when she didn't even complete her statement? Was she saying this because it looks as if Herc was appearing to be in attack mode? Judging from what was written in those panels we can't say, but one thing is for certain.....restoration wasn't mentioned. She didn't even know what his intentions were until the next page. Only the ambiguous "and as existence begins anew" was stated by Athena but I'm inclined to believe that this simply means having a fresh start with a new ruler. Also, on panel>>>>>handbook.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 09:13 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's true. but when the evidence can viewed in 2 ways handbook support definitely helps lend one view credence. not 100% but def credence.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 10:38 PM
Robbie_Rotten
Rotten

Can't we just agree that both characters in this thread suck? Lucifer is overrated and Chaos King is needless since he's just a rip-off of Shuma-Gorath.

Anyway...CK > Lucifer

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 11:13 PM
Robbie_Rotten is currently offline Click here to Send Robbie_Rotten a Private Message Find more posts by Robbie_Rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Lucifer is the best written abstract,.so no. And he wins.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2014 11:37 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote