KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone

KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone
Started by: Magic Joe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Hey Face would you be up for Insane Genis versus my Rune King Thor ? I have no faith in abhilegend ever coming through for our battlezone.

My laptop isn't repaired yet.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 05:31 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Don Corleone
abhilegend is now the 1# ranked contender for the KMC Herald level title belt. Is there no one who will challenge him ?

Thanks to all who will judge . I'll pm you before the 1st match.

Judges:

1. Digi
2. Galan
3. Gecko4lif
4. Blair ( reserve judge should any of the top 3 become unavailable).

Do 5 judges.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 09:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
But then it would be boring, everyone would chose a high herald. I wanted to rep a mid herald here.

Just to let you know many guys in high herald tier like genis, zemo, void etc belong in trans tier. They shouldn't be allowed here.

The tiers list is rather out of date. I closed it something like 2 years ago, and even then it wasn't perfect. It should be a decent beginning tool, but not the end-all opinion on these matches.

Originally posted by Existere
Whenever, I'm not really too concerned. I'm good with as soon as a couple days from now, or later if you like. Is there even the most basic of prep time?

Also, abhilegend hasn't competed in a tourney, right? It should be made clear to him what a 'tourney-style' match consists of. I'd feel bad if we started without him understanding the extent of control we have over the characters.

There's a reason I made the Tourney Respect Thread. There's ample opportunity for research.

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If I may, I'd like to suggest having belts for the sub-tiers for each category. It might make the whole thing seem bloated (nine titles total), but that way it keeps the power level differences more manageable. While I do agree a skilled debater can make a case for a weaker character beating a more powerful one, a debater of equal or greater skill, or even just being halfway decent, can drive home the fact that their opponent simply can't compete with them.

And if you divide them by low, mid, and high classes, you'll likely see something different than a debater constantly drafting Thor/Surfer/Superman or something.

Starting small is always advisable. I'd go with 3 and build toward it.

I'd actually be thrilled to compete for High or Low Meta. Screw all heralds though. I'm never entering anything above High Meta ever again (probably). For now, though, I'll judge.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 24th, 2012 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 09:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

Originally posted by Digi
Do 5 judges.

You mean ?(please log in to view the image)

I'll need 1-2 more members to volunteer ...We have 4 strong judges at the moment.

Rule 13 or prep time will be addressed within 24 hours.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 09:58 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I'll judge.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 10:04 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Are really obscure characters allowed?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 10:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Originally posted by abhilegend
My laptop isn't repaired yet.
I grow impatient.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 10:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Robtard
Are really obscure characters allowed?

So long as they meet the tier criteria they'd be debated in, I wouldn't see why not.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2012 10:58 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Agree to a start date and match length and stick to it. This isn't an elimination-style thing, so if someone doesn't show, they just forfeit that match and the next challenger should come up.

Keep things moving. Letting judges or participants slow things down will kill interest, and this format allows for all sorts of turnover and new challengers.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 01:12 AM
Smurph
------

There's a reason I made the Tourney Respect Thread. There's ample opportunity for research.
For sure. I just want to make it clear that a tourney style match differs pretty strongly from a regular forum match with a whole different mindset that plays in to character drafts, strategy, etc.

The distinction might not be clear to someone who'd never seen a KMC tourney - it's not like we've had one for a while.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 09:15 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

I'll judge.

Thanks jake, and remember this is your baby as well. smile

As per rule 13 prep time.

I want to try and keep this battlezone as simple as possible. I believe having long periods of time to prep will only bring problems when trying to judge these matches. Also, If you don't have much experience in a tourny/battlezone it will only bring more confusion.
This may lead to more members not wanting to participate.

I wan't this to be something fun ( anybody) can win any given Sunday. So with that in mind, here are the rules. These rules should create a system for this to operate with anybody running it.

Rules:

1. No posting limit (free form posting, instead).

2. No time manipulation.

3. No insta-kill tactics such as teleporting into solid objects. Even if an attack isnít instantaneous, any attack that could, as a matter of its nature, not be defended against is considered this.

3. Characters will not have knowledge of who they are fighting pre-fight. In battle, they will only be able to know things if the two characters already knew each other.

4. Non-offensive matter manipulation is allowed.

5. No duplication.

6. No power copying in any way.

7. Only experience carries from previous fights, and only information you could have reasonably discovered in the fight is learned.

8. No immortal characters. Characters should be able to be defeated by reasonably accessible means. Healing factors strong enough to blur the line with this are also banned.

9. While battlefields will change, it is assumed that nobody can leave the whole of the battlefield by any means. This also means no BFR or self-BFR. If you fly too far, you hit an impenetrable wall.

10. No reality warping.

11. Rules may be changed if certain strategies become an obvious problem.

12. Matches last 14 days.

13. ( Prep) You will receive a 5 minute briefing about your opponent. You cannot gather gear that would not be considered standard gear.

Judges :

1. Digi
2. Galan
3. Gecko4lif
4. Blair
5. Jake

Last edited by Facee on Apr 25th, 2012 at 04:33 PM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 04:30 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Purdiest li'l thing

Scratch out rule 3.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 04:48 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

For sure. I just want to make it clear that a tourney style match differs pretty strongly from a regular forum match with a whole different mindset that plays in to character drafts, strategy, etc.

The distinction might not be clear to someone who'd never seen a KMC tourney - it's not like we've had one for a while.

Fair enough. With multiple possible opportunities for those interested, though, I imagine it will need to be kind of a trial by fire. Tourney-style debating isn't easy to transition to right away.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 06:22 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

So long as they meet the tier criteria they'd be debated in, I wouldn't see why not.

-Sir James Jaspers-

Come at me, bro.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:06 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Wouldn't really call Jim Jaspers obscure, but that's a hard bar to meet around here.

I also wouldn't call him herald level though.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 11:51 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Tourney-style debating isn't easy to transition to right away.

I disagree. It's incredibly easy

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 12:57 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Brings me back to my very first tourney match.

When I beat you.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 01:00 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Brings me back to my very first tourney match.

When I beat you.

You realize you just set him up, yeah?

wink

Originally posted by Blair Wind

Lol. I don't know when the transition occurred from "I have a good idea and can sling some BS" to "I know everything my character has ever done, every bad thing that has ever happened to your team, and I am documenting it in this 10,000 character post," but there were simpler times on KMC. Times when you could just wander in and win a tourney. I think your first win was probably somewhere in between.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 01:45 AM
Smurph
------

You realize you just set him up, yeah?

wink
...no sad

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 01:52 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

His comment was an allusion to how he won his first tourney essentially as a nobody (or at least an underdog).

Which he could have rebutted with. But now that I've telegraphed it, he can't use it. You're welcome.

...my first match was a no-show. I had a ridiculous writeup and no one to fight. It was all kinds of frustrating.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2012 02:04 AM