KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone

KMC Title Belt Championship Battlezone
Started by: Magic Joe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (49): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Not trying to spam up this thread, but the other day I went back and read through some of the older tourney matches. Funny stuff. I guess if you say something with enough confidence, people automatically assume you're right (BS or not.) Had a chuckle a few times. Even rereading tourneys as recent as the one I participated in (batdude/Khan's), several of the strategies from a lot of us were pretty damn thin... But no one questioned them at the time. It's funny to look back and see things that you could have done so much better, just by adding a few words or scans. Heh.

There are still many tactics that were very well thought out, though. While certainly not the only one, Goob's strategy with Super Adaptoid comes to mind.
You only have so many posts to debunk as much of other another person's crazy strategy and still try to keep your own ridiculousness of a plan from being debunked as well stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 11:30 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Final.. Lol

Mid herald: im in.. Guess I'll just wait for an opponent..

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 02:20 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
l. o. l.

incidentally, wouldn't it be better to pm the pick in secret to avoid any possible....'coincedental' shenannigans'. you know, like if smurph picks superman and and ab picks captain kryponite because, you know, he was planning to choose him all along...?

Captain kryptonite....................

.........sounds awesome.
Originally posted by Existere

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 03:06 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Ambient
Final.. Lol

Mid herald: im in.. Guess I'll just wait for an opponent..

I think Quan is hungry. stick out tongue

Guy's , don't post your characters here. Pm me like Leo stated. Then 5 minutes before your match is to begin I'll make the battlezone thread and post the characters. Remember matches last 2 weeks, so it's not like you cant get ready for it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 04:03 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Alrighty then.. Ill pm u my pick soon as in done with work.. Lol

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 27th, 2012 04:07 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Here's a question. If someone wins a match at a certain level, do they have to defend their belt with the same character? I'm guessing no, but it would add an interesting level of strategy if the answer was yes.

Also, I know who I'm going to take the belt as in High Meta. It will be awesome. But I want to see this get off the ground and judge some matches before entering myself.

So what's our first match?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2012 11:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Digi
Here's a question. If someone wins a match at a certain level, do they have to defend their belt with the same character? I'm guessing no, but it would add an interesting level of strategy if the answer was yes.

Also, I know who I'm going to take the belt as in High Meta. It will be awesome. But I want to see this get off the ground and judge some matches before entering myself.

So what's our first match?

I've asked myself that question over and over again my head. Way I see it is once you've picked your character you can't change it until you ( lose) any match. It work's out both ways. The ( champ) or winner will have already collected enough info on the character that it would make his title defense easier . The challenger's would already know who the character is so they can prepare for it.

This is what I would like, but I'm open to suggestions.

First match would be smurph vs. Ambient or albilegend . I have received no pm's from anybody with a character pick. So I suggest if you really like a character go ahead and pm me.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:12 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I like the idea of having to strategically pick a good character that could handle various threats; as the champ, it should be challenging to keep your title, but rewarding if you can do so even while being meta-gamed so to speak.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:15 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I keep going back and forth on character drafts because Mid Herald is a definitely tricky category.

In the tiers, Wally West is a mid herald, but I'm pretty sure that's definitely not where I would categorize him (for the sake of a tourney at least - the tiers thread took into account standing and stuff outside of sheer power levels, which is all that would really matter here...).

I'll try and make my final decision by tonight though.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:18 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I like the idea of having to strategically pick a good character that could handle various threats; as the champ, it should be challenging to keep your title, but rewarding if you can do so even while being meta-gamed so to speak.

I'll need you to keep track of this thread just in case I'm not around. So I need you to be familiar with what we're doing.

I keep going back and forth on character drafts because Mid Herald is a definitely tricky category.

In the tiers, Wally West is a mid herald, but I'm pretty sure that's definitely not where I would categorize him (for the sake of a tourney at least - the tiers thread took into account standing and stuff outside of sheer power levels, which is all that would really matter here...).

New rule : Think it's rule 14.

All characters have to be approved not only by jake and I , but by all judges as well. Once the thread is up anybody that does not battle because of a character tier disagreement will be disqualified.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:24 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Okie dokie.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:28 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Okie dokie.

Remember they're not submitting write ups to us. It's open free posting when ever they have time no pressure. Just everyone be aware the match closes in 14 days. Anything not completed by then is on the person not the judges.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:38 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Received first character selection . Will pm all parties by tonight for approval.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2012 08:44 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

The tiers thread is old and was never perfect. But yeah, Wally's probably >.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 01:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Ok, so smurph has been ok'd a character for Mid Herald. Just waiting on someone to challenge him. Also , ( Id) has also separated a character for High Herald. So we need just 1 player for either of these tiers to have our first champion of KMC.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 05:19 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

And here I was expecting......

Rage.of.Olympus: Thor
Najiboy: Silver Surfer
PR: Green Lantern (Hal)
-K-M-: Shaman
Philosophía: Superman or Flash
Existere: Cassandra Nova
Dmills: Nova Prime

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 08:09 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by "Id"
And here I was expecting......

Rage.of.Olympus: Thor
Najiboy: Silver Surfer
PR: Green Lantern (Hal)
-K-M-: Shaman
Philosophía: Superman or Flash
Existere: Cassandra Nova
Dmills: Nova Prime

Way off.

Alright, albilegend has chosen a character that I will pm all parties involved tonight.

smurph or albilegend pm each other and decide on a battleground. Once you have chosen the battleground post it here and decide what date to start. I'll do the rest.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 09:56 PM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Sorry it's abhilegend.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2012 10:14 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I get the feeling no one's going to want to pick the obvious people. It might be ultimately debilitating to one's chances, but I know for a fact that some people in tourneys have considered it a badge of honor that they picked...maybe not obscure characters, but at least not A-listers. It's hard to be truly obscure anymore, it was much easier early on when, for instance, no one had ever heard of Wildstorm characters. I could've said that the Engineer warps reality and no one could call me out on it. Simpler times.

Hell, I had a few choices for my team in the finals in the tourney I won, and ended up going with one of my picks because he made a better "theme" with the other two I had already selected.

I'm interested to see this take shape. If it takes off, I'll happily keep track of belt holders in the tourney thread.

Last edited by Digi on May 1st, 2012 at 04:03 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2012 04:01 AM
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Digi
I get the feeling no one's going to want to pick the obvious people. It might be ultimately debilitating to one's chances, but I know for a fact that some people in tourneys have considered it a badge of honor that they picked...maybe not obscure characters, but at least not A-listers. It's hard to be truly obscure anymore, it was much easier early on when, for instance, no one had ever heard of Wildstorm characters. I could've said that the Engineer warps reality and no one could call me out on it. Simpler times.

Hell, I had a few choices for my team in the finals in the tourney I won, and ended up going with one of my picks because he made a better "theme" with the other two I had already selected.

I'm interested to see this take shape. If it takes off, I'll happily keep track of belt holders in the tourney thread.

Thank you for supporting us Digi.

This image has nothing to do with the thread but I thought it would be cool.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN !

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 1st, 2012 04:46 PM