KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC's toughest reality warpers Vs Marvel's

DC's toughest reality warpers Vs Marvel's
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Odekahn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prep-Man
is that in the comic or just the cartoon?

I'm not sure, I honestly don't know the character but several pictures on Google images are suspect, lol.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 11:48 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor was modeled after superman but isn't a clone. Dr. Strange is a clone of Dr. Fate, hulk was inspired partly by solomon grundy. Iron man isn't a copy of batman by any means though.
Pretty sure Thor was modeled after the Norse god...

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 03:48 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor was modeled after superman but isn't a clone.

no expression

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2012 04:29 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

bump for Operator! Kind of a large fight, so which side seems more uber in the reality warping field?

DC:

Mxy (World's Funnest)
Parallax (Zero Hour)
Hourman 1M
Tim Hunter (Full powered)
Dharma
Max Faraday (Fully Powered)
Bat-Mite
Pandora

Marvel

HOM Wanda
Legion
Franklin (Adult)
Jamie Braddock
Marquis of Death
Molecule Man
Proteus
Mad Jim Jaspers

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 11:19 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Galan007
She specifically said they were 3 individual timelines. She merged them into one timeline. With Barry's help.
Lol. This guy.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
Lol. This guy.

Do you still believe she is the weakest character currently? Especially once she goes White Lantern? shifty

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 11:25 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Golgo13
Do you still believe she is the weakest character currently?
Yes, she definitely isn't depicted as an uber cosmic entity. However, her(and Barry's) feat of recreating the DC continuum was much greater than I gave it credit for in this thread.

Curious to see the upgrade, though. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 12:08 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by hunbu04
Galan are you trying to say Vertigo, Wildstorm and main DCU just timelime because the last time I check they were 3 different Multiverses part of DC Omniverse

Vertigo was never a separate universe/multiverse. All characters in Vertigo existed in the DCU new earth universe in exactly the same way with some VERY minor differences to their history- it's a time line thing, not a universe. Wildstorm I'll grant you

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 12:09 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

^ Flashpoint specifically portrayed them as separate continuities.

Originally posted by Golgo13
bump for Operator! Kind of a large fight, so which side seems more uber in the reality warping field?

DC:

Mxy (World's Funnest)
Parallax (Zero Hour)
Hourman 1M
Tim Hunter (Full powered)
Dharma
Max Faraday (Fully Powered)
Bat-Mite
Pandora

Marvel

HOM Wanda
Legion
Franklin (Adult)
Jamie Braddock
Marquis of Death
Molecule Man
Proteus
Mad Jim Jaspers

Battle-wise Mxy is well above everyone here except Owen, who even in his post-retcon form was able to achieve omniversal feats (but the down-side to him, is that he's established to be below abstracts who are <<< Mxy). And sure, HoM Wanda may as well exceed Mxy's power, but in a battle, she'd get stomped (just like someone like Tim, despite having multiversal-level warping abilities, would lose against a universal warper). Next comes MoD, who's above high end abstracts, but never showed any kind of casual multiversal level reality warping (he's significantly below Mxy)

The rest, no-one even comes close. Even assuming Legion has access to his most powerful personality (like Moria), she's a casual universal warper but not multiversal. Adult Frankin is established to be Galactus-level. Jamie Braddock is a casual universal-warper (capable of achieving multi-universal feats but not fully multiversal). Proteus gets destroyed in a microsecond (he has no place here). MJJ without his warp, would lose just as well. Destroying and recreating all DC realities in an instant, is well beyond any of those guys abilities.

Even assuming that Mxy goes down, Max even not tapping into his full potential was (potentially) about to destroy the whole omniverse, ZHP could have recreated a whole multiverse (though not on a whim), and Hourman (assuming he has the complete Worlogog) has multiversal level abilities as well (Dharma and bat mite are universal, Tim would lose in a battle, and Pandora is of no use here).

I think this is intended to be a battle, if it's a question who has more raw power, then it'll turn out differently (let me know).

Last edited by operator616 on Jan 20th, 2014 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 04:46 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by operator616
^ Flashpoint specifically portrayed them as separate continuities.

Battle-wise Mxy is well above everyone here except Owen, who even in his post-retcon form was able to achieve omniversal feats (but the down-side to him, is that he's established to be below abstracts who are <<< Mxy). And sure, HoM Wanda may as well exceed Mxy's power, but in a battle, she'd get stomped (just like someone like Tim, despite having multiversal-level warping abilities, would lose against a universal warper). Next comes MoD, who's above high end abstracts, but never showed any kind of casual multiversal level reality warping (he's significantly below Mxy)

The rest, no-one even comes close. Even assuming Legion has access to his most powerful personality (like Moria), she's a casual universal warper but not multiversal. Adult Frankin is established to be Galactus-level. Jamie Braddock is a casual universal-warper (capable of achieving multi-universal feats but not fully multiversal). Proteus gets destroyed in a microsecond (he has no place here). MJJ without his warp, would lose just as well. Destroying and recreating all DC realities in an instant, is well beyond any of those guys abilities.

Even assuming that Mxy goes down, Max even not tapping into his full potential was (potentially) about to destroy the whole omniverse, ZHP could have recreated a whole multiverse (though not on a whim), and Hourman (assuming he has the complete Worlogog) has multiversal level abilities as well (Dharma and bat mite are universal, Tim would lose in a battle, and Pandora is of no use here).

I think this is intended to be a battle, if it's a question who has more raw power, then it'll turn out differently (let me know).

Which side would you go with?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 06:52 PM
operator616

^ I explained that id pick the DC side in a battle. But Marvel if we're judging them purely power-based.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 07:06 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^ I explained that id pick the DC side in a battle. But Marvel if we're judging them purely power-based.

Don't think Pandora will be the weakest. Looks like GOD himself will be giving her the power of Light. stick out tongue

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2014/0...d-batman-66-7#1

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 07:23 PM
operator616

^ Yeah, that seems interesting. thumb up

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 07:30 PM
yaadaveyaa

wait for real is anyone from dc taking out mad jim jaspers? yea i think hes the tipping point for marvel clear win because of him

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:18 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
wait for real is anyone from dc taking out mad jim jaspers? yea i think hes the tipping point for marvel clear win because of him
WF Mxy has vastly superior feats

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:20 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

Originally posted by Cogito
WF Mxy has vastly superior feats

thats y i was asking never really read anything from him except a batman comic once thanks

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:25 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by yaadaveyaa

In a neutral ground, MJJ can't warp reality however he needs. It's only that within the warp he creates. Something like this for example (from the end of The Might World of Marvel v2 #9, pertaining captain britain):

http://i.imgur.com/LbqUyjx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0PZorTe.jpg

MJJ's scale for the warp is confirmed to be omniversal potentially (stated on panel in the Jaspers warp arc) and then he returned in X-Men die by the sword, where he was merged with the fury, he was stated to be able to destroy all existence (the Exiles handbooks confirm that he threatened the whole omniverse).

But point is: in a neutral battle ground, he loses without a doubt.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:32 PM
Senor Cage

In a neutral ground, MJJ can't warp reality however he needs. It's only that within the warp he creates. Something like this for example (from the end of The Might World of Marvel v2 #9, pertaining captain britain):

http://i.imgur.com/LbqUyjx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0PZorTe.jpg

MJJ's scale for the warp is confirmed to be omniversal potentially (stated on panel in the Jaspers warp arc) and then he returned in X-Men die by the sword, where he was merged with the fury, he was stated to be able to destroy all existence (the Exiles handbooks confirm that he threatened the whole omniverse).

But point is: in a neutral battle ground, he loses without a doubt.

So, Max Faraday>>MJJ?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:39 PM
operator616

^ Yes if we're equating the terms, because Max doesn't require that stipulation to warp reality. And let's all not forget that Max was capable of destroying the omniverse likewise, stated in Divine Right #7:

http://i.imgur.com/VM1e6M4.jpg

(this was also later confirmed in Divine Intervention)

So we know that his scale was omniversal.

And at that point, he wasn't tapping into his full potential power.

Last edited by operator616 on Jan 20th, 2014 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Jan 20th, 2014 09:50 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Team Marvel, hands down.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 01:50 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote